Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What plot elements from the BSG Original would you like to see in Season 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What plot elements from the BSG Original would you like to see in Season 2?

Given that I've already started a thread on recycled plot elements from the BSG original and Galactica 1980 series in Season 1 of the new BSG (http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=11677), a thread on what elements folks would like or expect to see in Season 2 seems like a natural follow on.

For myself, I'd like and expect to see two major plot elements from the original to be revisited. The first is the Battlestar Pegasus and Commander Cain, the second is the superhuman and perhaps supernatural Count Iblis.

The "Living Legend" plotline in BSG the original was probably one of the best in the original series. Cain was the closest thing to a character with a real dark side that the very campy 1970's take had, and as such, I don't think Moore will be able to resist him. I'd expect Moore to make him far darker, of course, far more militaristic, and perhaps even put a fascist spin on him.

Count Iblis (with Iblis sharing derivation with Diabolos or "The Devil") seems like a no brainer as well. Iblis was supposedly connected somehow with the original Cylon Imperious Leader in the original series. He also was supernatural and essentially wanted to be worshipped. A similar character could be part of the mysterious Cylon Religion.... after all, who converted machines to be so religious? How this would work out, I don't know. Iblis could himself be a Cylon, a human, or perhaps a fallen Lord of Kobol (alive or long since dead) whose teachings the Cylons stumbled across.

What other plot elements would work? Which ones would YOU like to see?

I'd like to see a Pegasus plot point touched on.
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

Nothing much, just the Pegasus storyline.

Comment

I really dont want to see the Pegasus

Comment

With the troubles between the military and civilian command structures, I rather suspect the arrival of a MORE popular and fascist leaning Commander like Cain would upset the apple cart ... but I also think Moore will be VERY tempted to include the Pegasus plotline as it was one of the most popular (and also served to restock Galactica's Viper squadrons).

While I'd LIKE to see Iblis, I rather suspect Moore WON'T go there because it would demystify the whole Cylon religion too much. Besides, who could you get to play the dude who could be a suave, as polished, and as evil as MacNee was?

Comment

I just wanted to see two Battlestars together battling against a Basestar. That would be sweet. And who could say no to more Vipers, it'll mean they can blow up more of them. Plus it'd be a rather easy solution to their lack of pilots.

As for Cain, if we take his character as it is in the older series, he would be rather redundant as the new Adama fills his role as badass military commander rather well. Moore would probably have to change his role which would then probably set off the purists.

Sheba's role may be redundant too with Starbuck and Boomer around.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
              I just wanted to see two Battlestars together battling against a Basestar. That would be sweet. And who could say no to more Vipers, it'll mean they can blow up more of them. Plus it'd be a rather easy solution to their lack of pilots.
              I'll take plot over "gee whiz" any day. Gee whiz only works with certain parts of the audience, a part that is probably going to tune in no matter what!

As for Cain, if we take his character as it is in the older series, he would be rather redundant as the new Adama fills his role as badass military commander rather well. Moore would probably have to change his role which would then probably set off the purists.
              Sure you could. Just amp up Cain to the point of being a cross between Adolf Hitler and Irwin Rommel... somebody for whom survival of humanity isn't the priority, but instead believes solely in the extermination of the Cylon race, and anyone who has anything to do with them, with himself as leader, judge, jury, and executioner.

No matter how bad a badass somebody is, there's ALWAYS somebody worse!

Sheba's role may be redundant too with Starbuck and Boomer around.
              Hey, it'd give Starbuck some competition.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                I'll take plot over "gee whiz" any day. Gee whiz only works with certain parts of the audience, a part that is probably going to tune in no matter what!

Sure you could. Just amp up Cain to the point of being a cross between Adolf Hitler and Irwin Rommel... somebody for whom survival of humanity isn't the priority, but instead believes solely in the extermination of the Cylon race, and anyone who has anything to do with them, with himself as leader, judge, jury, and executioner.

No matter how bad a badass somebody is, there's ALWAYS somebody worse!

Hey, it'd give Starbuck some competition.
                That amped up Cain doesn't sound too bad. It'll put Adama in the middle for once, make him choose between Roslin and Cain. It'll be ironic since he usually puts Lee in that position.

As for Starbuck, maybe not competition but a chance for female bonding. For supposed friends Starbuck and Boomer don't really hang about other than that one card game in the mini.
                Spoiler:
                Though that will change now that Starbuck is stuck on Caprica with Helo and other Boomer

Comment

That amped up Cain doesn't sound too bad. It'll put Adama in the middle for once, make him choose between Roslin and Cain. It'll be ironic since he usually puts Lee in that position.
                  To be clear about my sources, that amped up Cain is not my idea. I've read a review of one of the Richard Hatch continuation series where Cain is portrayed as a fascist.

The idea is just TOO good to pass up.

Some other ideas from other folks who tried to get the series restarted included a Cylon civil war over what to do about the remaining humans and humans who were taken over by borg like nano-tech to become acceptable to the Cylons. Lots of good material for Moore to raid, and not just from the original series.

Comment

Working...
                  X