Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PuddleJumper bays or weapons found on Atlantis!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PuddleJumper bays or weapons found on Atlantis!

http://sg-atlantis.org/caps/season1/...rising1849.jpg

On the far prong and every other one from there, at the end it looks like a opening on the puddle jumpers but it also looks like that thing the drones came out of at the seige, could these be hanger bays for other ancients ships, more puddlejumpers or weapons?

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Idk, cant get to ur link.

Comment

Go to http://sg-atlantis.org first, then on the same page, copy and paste the link http://sg-atlantis.org/caps/season1/...rising1849.jpg
      Apperantly, you can only open this link if you are already on their domain.
      "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

they look quite big for ships or weapons... if you consider their size compared to the rest of atlantis those are huge... unless there is a ship larger then jumpers on atlantis... but they would have found them by now wouldn't they... maybe they have something to do with atlantis' engines... it is a ship too after all... or maybe they have something to do with how it was anchored to the ocean floor... now i really want to know what they are for....
        "I didn't bring my bloody cellphone with me. What's happening?"

Comment

You must not have seen 'The Seige Part II'. Those things opened up and drones launched out of them.

a time to mourn

Comment

did they.... i wasn't really paying attention... there was a lot going on...
            "I didn't bring my bloody cellphone with me. What's happening?"

Comment

Maybe its just a door, drones and ships can come go through them, a little big for puddle jumpers so might be a big ship like aroura?

Comment

heres another pic if the link works

http://sg-atlantis.org/caps/season1/...k/1x03_278.jpg

Comment

scifi.com's website talks about the puddle jumpers mentioning one of five but it isn't very clear. either atlantis only has five puddle jumpers or it means atlantis has/had five types of ship of whic PJ was one.

Comment

What I dont get is that these rooms show up on every map ive seen of Atlantis, did they not think, why dont we go check it out, see if theres a honkin shop there or maybe some weapons.

Comment

Maybe they thought that was to obvious. McKay is kind of coky
                      Spoiler:
                      (sp?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
                        scifi.com's website talks about the puddle jumpers mentioning one of five but it isn't very clear. either atlantis only has five puddle jumpers or it means atlantis has/had five types of ship of whic PJ was one.
                        Think that refers to five types of ships, Martin Gero has already stated that it has around 10-15 jumpers that we know of. He also said it's a big city & there could be more again.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B
                          Think that refers to five types of ships, Martin Gero has already stated that it has around 10-15 jumpers that we know of. He also said it's a big city & there could be more again.
                          The main jumper bay (right above the gate room) has either 11 or 12 jumpers. It has 2 rows of 6, but when I saw it in "Suspicion", where there is the best shot of a jumper rising out, there was a jumper missing, presumably the one sheppard was in, but it is possible that that was an empty bay, representing
                          Spoiler:
                          The Time Travelling PJ destroyed in "Before I Sleep", but they may have just destroyed the time machine, not the actual jumper

If there are 5 types of ships, that must not be Atlantis only. It must be purely small, squad/personal ships of any race. It would be hard to have 4 more types of ships that are Atlantis based, simply b/c viewers would have a hard time keeping track of them. I suspect that the 5 figure includes Darts, PJs, S2
                          Spoiler:
                          F-302s (maybe) and whatever the advanced race may have of similar size
                          . That'd leave 1-3 left to learn about, not an unreasonable figure over Season 2 and maybe 3. This would be in keeping with Sg-1, having 4 non-capital ships: F-302s, Pel'tacs, Death Gliders, and S8.13-4ish
                          Spoiler:
                          one PuddleJumper
                          . I'd say the Al'kesh is a small capital ship, like an F-303, Hatak, Hive Ship, or S2
                          Spoiler:
                          Aurora!
                          . Of course, that is based on the idea that they meant 5 classes of ship, and that they are planning only Season 2 or 3 in advance (letting the rest be sketches of rough ideas for another year), and that they have a problem introducing a new type of ship every episode.

Comment

Maybe atlantis is one of the ships. it is a giant ship cappable of space flight.

Comment

Does anyone remember the concept art that was released of Atlantis? I remember one specifically called "Weapons Array" and it looked like a dish like structure, similar to the Death Star laser array in Star Wars... Anyone remember seeing that?

Wouldn't mind seeing something big like that in Atlantis!
                              "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Working...
                              X