This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounty hunters on the show?

Just thought of something... Bounty hunters are a popular element in sci-fi, often travelling across great intergalactic distances to capture their prey. Have there been any bounty hunters yet on SG-1, because I can't seem to recall. If not, any reason for why not? I would think sometimes some Goa'uld would have bounty hunter Jaffa at their disposal so they could capture an enemy and torture him/her... then again, I guess there wouldn't be any "bounty" involved, just making them hunters... or whatever! Which begs another question, do Goa'uld do anything using currency to pay for services, or is everything done for them done out of servitude under the belief that they are gods?
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Aris Boch in Season 3's 'Deadmans Switch' was a bounty hunter. Other than that though no others have turned up.

He was paid with roshna though which he needed. I don't think he mentioned getting anything else.....maybe though.
    "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

Couldn't treasure hunters be named "booty hunters?"

Just a thought....
      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Apophis offered a reward in cash shesh'tas for the capture of SG-1 in Bloodlines, so clearly the Goa'uld and the Jaffa do have a monetary system.

Jaffa would not really be bounty hunters, although Jaffa whose gods had been killed could conceivably go 'ronin' and serve as mercenaries in exchange for prim'ta. Not sure if any Goa'uld would really want to employ them, mind. They might just fight for money and get their prim'ta on the black market.

Increasingly, we have seen that there are other developed, space-faring races in the galaxy, many of whom value money. This suggests that there would indeed be a role for interstellar bounty hunters. If nothing else, there's not much mileage in Aris Boch being the greatest bounty hunter in the galaxy if he's also the only bounty hunter in the galaxy.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Theres probably a huge market for Trenotrin now.

Heres a good question: Aris Boch vs. Boba Fett
          [email protected]
          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
          One nation under dog
          There of which I stand alone
          A face in the crowd
          Unsung, against the mold
          Without a doubt
          Singled out
          The only way I know

Comment

Aris Boch - skilled and deadly bounty hunter; outsmarted SG-1; immune to zat blasts; had to be reasoned with in the end.

Boba Fett - loser son of a loser dad; outsmarted Han Solo; dead.

Not really much of a contest.

Comment

Pretend he somehow survived the pit!

Boba fett is feared throughout the galaxy. He has a JET PACK! Oh ya...he's not addicted to something only his employers can provide!
              [email protected]

One nation under dog
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

Oh yeah; Boba Fett, feared throughout the galaxy. Paint me unimpressed, 'cause he doesn't seem that tough to me. He flies around a little, then gets killed by Han Solo, by accident.

Loo-ooo-ooo-ser.

Comment

Thanks for the answers... I appreciate it. I haven't seen the episode with Aris but that name sounds grunty like a real bounty hunter name!

Hey, Boba lived on... in the books

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

Yeah but Boba Fett can run in his armour! Boch's looked somewhat less than manouverable...
                    [email protected]

One nation under dog
                    A face in the crowd
                    Unsung, against the mold
                    Without a doubt
                    Singled out
                    The only way I know

Comment

LOL, okay, I'll take your word on that. I'll have to see that episode sometime.

Comment

Yeah, well; he'd better run!

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                          Hey, Boba lived on... in the books
                          The books aren't official canon!

Boba had some really cool gadgets though. Although I'd take a cloaking-enabled ship over a jetback anyday.
                          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Yeah, well some will say that the Prequel Trilogy ain't exactly canon in some regards either... George Lucas needs to be put in a Sarcophagus

Comment

I want to see the return of our good friend Aris Boch....
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X