This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yu - Why?

Why do you think hes been living all this time, compared to the other system lords?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Well, death can come at any time for a System Lord... it's really unpredictable, given that your potential enemies are not only inhabitants of worlds that you have conquered or the Asgard, but fellow System Lords...

I think Yu has been especially cunning and crafty over the years, and I'm sure he's learned that power doesn't necessarily have to go hand-in-hand with cruelty all the time (i.e. he doesn't seem the type to readily execute Jaffa who fail, unlike Apophis). I'm a big Yu fan and I think that he's learned lots of lessons in honor and built himself up through space and time through millennia, and unlike the other System Lords, he seems honorable and is one of the few who CAN be negotiated with. He's kind of like the Donald Trump of the System Lords
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
      Well, death can come at any time for a System Lord... it's really unpredictable, given that your potential enemies are not only inhabitants of worlds that you have conquered or the Asgard, but fellow System Lords...

I think Yu has been especially cunning and crafty over the years, and I'm sure he's learned that power doesn't necessarily have to go hand-in-hand with cruelty all the time (i.e. he doesn't seem the type to readily execute Jaffa who fail, unlike Apophis). I'm a big Yu fan and I think that he's learned lots of lessons in honor and built himself up through space and time through millennia, and unlike the other System Lords, he seems honorable and is one of the few who CAN be negotiated with. He's kind of like the Donald Trump of the System Lords
      Donald Trump? Hahah! , too bad Yu doesn't have the Donald Trump hair

Comment

Haha... well, have we seen Yu take off his hat yet ?

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

Not sure, but i hope he does not have the haircut

Comment

Haha... if he starts pointing to the other Goa'uld and saying "You're fired" with a flick of his hand, then we know for sure we're in trouble!

Comment

Uh oh...

Comment

I don't like Donald Trump for some reason...he just doesnt sit right with me.
                "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I used to think that in a way too, but the man is successful for a reason -- and although he is arrogant, he is often arrogant in a good way. Not just anyone can bounce back after being 2 billion dollars in debt too... sometimes he is even humble of his failings, like the time on "The Apprentice" when he admited he had been duped many times in business dealings. Like all of us, Donald Trump is a human and I have become a huge fan. I recommend that you check out his books because he gets to speak more at length about who he is. He has admirable traits like being an ardent philanthropist and a staunch anti-alcohol abuse advocate. He is off-putting for a strategic reason, and he understands human psychology well. Like the Goa'uld

Comment

Yu spends most of his time in the sarcophgus. We all know that Yu is a great system lord. Well, I think he is. I think the Chinese style really suits him
                    __

__

Comment

Yeah, I like Yu a lot I love Yu LOL that sounds funny being read out loud.

Comment

That does sound really funny actually! lol
                        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                          That does sound really funny actually! lol
                          MAybe Yu should cut back on the Sarcophagas, even though hes getting old... Oh wait, is that the reason why he needs to use the Sarcohphagas, oh well... GO YU!

Comment

He needs to get a Maytag Sarcophagus -- they're long-life and dependable with minimum maintenance.

Seriously though, I would think that maybe the Asgard could help him improve Sarcophagus tech (if it came to that) and he could live on somehow. If he does die, I hope he has a meaningful, iconic death, and doesn't just fall asleep in the Sarc one day and forget to wake up

YU GO GIRL!!!

or in Kill Bill stylee:

GO GO YU-BARI

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                              He needs to get a Maytag Sarcophagus -- they're long-life and dependable with minimum maintenance.

Seriously though, I would think that maybe the Asgard could help him improve Sarcophagus tech (if it came to that) and he could live on somehow. If he does die, I hope he has a meaningful, iconic death, and doesn't just fall asleep in the Sarc one day and forget to wake up

YU GO GIRL!!!

or in Kill Bill stylee:

GO GO YU-BARI

Yes, if he does die, it better be for a good reason, not a 'Carter has a boyfriend, so kill him' way... That would be dissapointing...

Comment

Working...
                              X