This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many galaxys we got to go though?

how many other galaxys do we have to go through to get to pegasus?

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

zero

Comment

One, they need to go through the MW to reach Pegasus being that ship or gate. The Ship needs to go through it & so does the wormhole that connects the gate in the SGC to that of the one in the gateroom of Atlantis.

Comment

for the most part they don't travel in normal space. The ship flies through hyperspace and the stargate makes a wormhole that connects through subspace.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
          for the most part they don't travel in normal space. The ship flies through hyperspace and the stargate makes a wormhole that connects through subspace.
          True, but it's still basically point A to Point B. So to get to it it still has to go through the MW to get to Pegasus.

Comment

Space is big. MW, Pegasus, that's it. No other galaxies on their route.
            Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

there actually a few small galaxies you would pass close by, the pegasus galaxy is actually a dwarf galaxy generally travels around andromeda. There are many more galaxies near andromeda then the MW, but it does look like a straight shot from here to pegasus.

TPTB just have just choose pegasus cause it has a cool name... it's really a small galaxy, and since there is already a big scifi show taking place in the andromeda galaxy....
              "I didn't bring my bloody cellphone with me. What's happening?"

Comment

Originally posted by galadriel_freak
                there actually a few small galaxies you would pass close by, the pegasus galaxy is actually a dwarf galaxy generally travels around andromeda. There are many more galaxies near andromeda then the MW, but it does look like a straight shot from here to pegasus.

TPTB just have just choose pegasus cause it has a cool name... it's really a small galaxy, and since there is already a big scifi show taking place in the andromeda galaxy....
                Actually, it takes place in the Tri-Galaxy (Milky Way, Andromeda, Triangulum, and everything in between)....We're talking about Andromeda, right?
                Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
                  Actually, it takes place in the Tri-Galaxy (Milky Way, Andromeda, Triangulum, and everything in between)....We're talking about Andromeda, right?
                  yeah.. i was talking about andromeda... it does take place in the tri-galaxy... but it's called andromeda and that's the galaxy most people attribute to the show. but the shows still called andromeda, and having atlantis take place in andromeda might be crowded lol... it's a big universe... if i was making a show and it took place in a different galaxy i'd try and find one not occupied by another big scifi show...

Comment

The show Andromeda is so called coz the ship is the "Andromeda Ascendent" hence the ship avatar is called "romy"(sp). The show isnt named for the galaxy.

Comment

i know that... but it's still called andromeda... and i have lots of friends who watch stargate and don't watch andromeda who assume it's named after the galaxy...

and i still think pegasus is a cooler name then andromeda... who knows why...

Comment

Working...
                      X