This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Gate vs. SG-1 Gate

Which gate do you like more? I've seen a video of the Atlantis gate... it's tite.

The new one looks blue with brail on it. The old one is just... old. Sorry to be so rude about it but Stargate needs a facelift... I love the oldies, but a new series is just what the doctor ordered.
    God loves you. But I think you're a twit.

Although i do think the new stargate in Atlantis is really nice, i think when something is 'super new' ish like, it looks bad, but of course, Atlantis's gate doesn't look bad
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

i like the atlantis more on ONE condition:

it's the only one like that....if it isn't unique, it loses its coolness
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
        i like the atlantis more on ONE condition:

it's the only one like that....if it isn't unique, it loses its coolness
        Are you sure its the only one, im not sure either since u did add 'if' in your reason. I'm thinking that gate design is found throughout the other galaxies and such, but i agree, if it is the only one, it is cool, if it isn't it loses its coolness.

Comment

Right said mate! The one thing that would make me hate the atlantis gate would be if the event horison was flat, or a diffiernt color, or no kawoosh. Different gate, but it still uses wormholes!
          [email protected]
          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
          One nation under dog
          There of which I stand alone
          A face in the crowd
          Unsung, against the mold
          Without a doubt
          Singled out
          The only way I know

Comment

Its like 'my old stargate can do the samething'. haha...

Comment

This isnt going to turn into a swooshing contest is it?!?
              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

You can see the headlines now:

CHEVRON GUY KILLED IN TRAGIC SWOOSHING ACCIDENT: GENERAL BLAMES 'SWOOSH ENVY'
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

hehehe, I love the look of the new gate, the old one does look, well, old, but then when the Ancients designed it I don't think they were intelligent enough to take into account fashion in a few hundred thousand years time.

The other hand of course is that grey will never go out of fashion because it's never been in fashion

As for kawooshing etc, I hope the new gates wormhole is kick ass... It better be - infact at the moment the only reason I'm gonna watch SG:A is for the gate ^_^

Comment

Of course the Atlantis gate is much newer and has better effects, like the colours but both gates are equally great. They still get you to your destinations, well most the time
                    __

__

Comment

I've always been partial to blues, greens and purples, so in that respect, I like the Atlantis gate. But I think I like the "classic" style glyphs better. I find the braille on the Atlantis gate very distracting.

I'd have to see the Atlantis gate in action before I could decide which I prefer in terms of action.

Comment

Apparently it glows and flashes different colours when it is activating. That is what I want to see
                        __

__

Comment

I can help but feel that any differences in the Stargate itself would be more of the 'goes up to eleven' variety than an effective difference.

Comment

Is it true that the Atlantis gate is a normal model to the gate in SG-1? Taking a guess, I would have though that the Atlantis gate is a newer 'model' to the SGC one simply because of the colours. I guess the Ancient tech evolved
                            __

__

Comment

"It's clearly of mystical origin."
                              "How can you tell?"
                              "Well...it's so shiny."

Comment

Working...
                              X