Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Lantian(Ancient) had a multi-racial society?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the Lantian(Ancient) had a multi-racial society?

I didn't see S1 SGA:"Before I sleep" ,so i am not sure if there were any Asian or African looking Lantian .
    I am sure there were some Asian or African looking Lantian, i mean we saw European looking Lantian from SG1 and SGa episode before.

But if Lantian were so advance, then race would not be an issue or even multi-racial society would not had exist ,because every body inter-married with each other, the Ancient were millions yr old civilisation.
    At that stage of a civilisation, everybody would look like the same ,Remember that movies"Time Machine" base on H.G Wella few yr back, it wasn't very good ,but in the future after the big disaster ,and 700 thousand yr every human on the surface look kind of light dark bownlish yellow skins. that guy with the time machine was probaby the last White guy left .

if the Lantian were so advance ,after millions yr , the races within the species would had become one, and every Lantian would had a light dark bownlish yellow skins.

Your basically right. Remember though, that even in mixed race people... some traits are stronger than others, meaning a person might favor a certain race over the other in certain cases. It's sort of a moot point though. It shouldn't make any difference, ever. But yeah, I seem to remember different races of Atlanteans in that episode.

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
    Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
    My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
    Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Another thing to note is that over millions of years certain traits would leave the gene pool. Melanin content has to do with the effect of our sun on our skin. Things like that would have a major effect.

However, to contradict that, the Ancients lived on hundreds of planets from what we know, so there would be plenty of different physical traits.

So, either way they write it, it could be rationalized.

Comment

They are multi-racial species in “Before I sleep” there was an African ancients here is pic

Here is the image
        http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...before263.html

Also in SG-1 season 9
        Spoiler:
        there will be an asian ancient by the name of “Harrid” played by actor Steve Park
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

The Ancients did have different gentic traits and skin color. They would look similar to what we might call African, Asian, and obviously Caucasian...and all other ethnic types I assume.
          sigpic

Comment

Not the best topic theses days with our society being so PC focused.

However, I remember seeing diversity on the episode where Weir went back 10K years. But, even the best statisticians will point out that there will always be a percent of anomalies in even the tightest population groups.
            The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
              Not the best topic theses days with our society being so PC focused.

However, I remember seeing diversity on the episode where Weir went back 10K years. But, even the best statisticians will point out that there will always be a percent of anomalies in even the tightest population groups.

Yeah not the best topic. I hate the idea of political correctness. It's just gotten so out of hand. Anyway, to answer the question I also do remember seeing different races of Atantians.

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
                At that stage of a civilisation, everybody would look like the same ,Remember that movies"Time Machine" base on H.G Wella few yr back, it wasn't very good ,but in the future after the big disaster ,and 700 thousand yr every human on the surface look kind of light dark bownlish yellow skins. that guy with the time machine was probaby the last White guy left .
                in "the time machine" after 800 thousand years the humans evolved into two new distinct species. neither were human even though they looked very similar so he was really the last human left.

Comment

Spoilers for Rising:

wasn't the ancient
                  Spoiler:
                  hologram describing the history of Atlantis
                  Asian-ish?

Comment

regardless of how much a society interbreeds if some ressesive traits meet they will be expressed, like how two blue eyed pple, who's parents also had blue eyes, can have a brown eyed son. + we only 'lose' genes (ie they no longer ever express themselves) via evolution, and since skin colour offers no evolutionary advantage or disadvantage there is no reason as to why it wud be lost.

My beginners grasp of genetics why such an old society pple wud exhibit certain racial characteristics still

Comment

Originally posted by KingofAquitaine
                      like how two blue eyed pple, who's parents also had blue eyes, can have a brown eyed son.
                      I have little to no knowledge of genetics past the first year of University, but I always thought it was that two brown eyed people could have a blue eyed child, but not the reverse. If I'm mistaken, does someone have further info?
                      "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance." --Sam Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Girl Clone
                        I have little to no knowledge of genetics past the first year of University, but I always thought it was that two brown eyed people could have a blue eyed child, but not the reverse. If I'm mistaken, does someone have further info?
                        one of thems a double resessive (sp) gene, i couldn't remember which

Comment

the blue eye trait is dominant and brown eyes are recessive so it is possible to have two parents blue eyed have a brown eyed offspring if both have a recessive brown eyed gene. two brown eyed parents cant have blue eyed offspring as it requires two brown eye genes to give a person brown eyes so there would be no blue eyes genes present in either parent. but any genticist or evolutionist will tell you that freak chances can occur to allow it to happen.

Comment

That's the wrong way around...
                            Brown is the dominant gene
                            http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/genes/di.../types_2.shtml

If that isn't true: I need a DNA test from my parents... I have blue eyes and they both have brown

EDIT: Ha ha, someone negged me for that post... hey: I was right and I quoted a reliable source
                            Last edited by Ses; 28 April 2005, 11:13 PM.
                            Ses
                            James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
                              That's the wrong way around...
                              Brown is the dominant gene
                              That's what I thought. However I am not a genetic scientist or biologist, so I could have been wrong.

Also, if blue eyes were dominant, I'd have blue eyes, not brown (like I actually do).
                              "Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance." --Sam Brown

Comment

Working...
                              X