This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1 - Part 3 - Amanda Tapping Interview Transcription

Transcription of the third Amanda Tapping Interview from the MGM UK Stargate SG-1 DVD site. This interview was part of the MGM UK site exclusive downloads area, for those fans who have bought the Region 2 DVDs. I don't know if this interview will be on a Season 8 DVD or not. We'll have to wait and hear from Region 2 DVD Season 8 purchasers.

(This interview was filmed on the last day of filming for Season Eight. The interview is conducted in the SGC Gateroom, with Amanda Tapping wearing the blue BDUs (the blue BDU shirt fully buttoned down the front), and Amanda filmed from mid-torso up. Amanda sounds a little congested…for whatever reason I don't know. The interview length is 2 minutes, 35 seconds. Amanda is the only one on camera. Title cards show the topics, and then we see Amanda respond.)

AMANDA TAPPING…ON THE RIVALRY BETWEEN STARGATE AND STARGATE ATLANTIS:

It's sort of weird. We film next door, and we barely see each other. We just know that whenever something goes wrong on our set, we blame Atlantis. So there's that sort of friendly rivalry. You know they got air conditioning, and we didn't. And we went, "Oh, I guess their show is coming back next year, they got the air conditioning " You know, we really had to kvetch a lot to get our air conditioning. Things like that. (laughs) That's terrible. But otherwise, it's all very friendly.

AMANDA TAPPING…ON THE EFFECTS OF WORKING CLOSELY WITH ATLANTIS:

I don't know that it's affected how we shoot our show, or how we…I know that our departments our totally taxed. The art department is doing two shows; and costumes -- you know everyone, even though they're divisions -- they’re spread so thin, I don't know how the crew can keep doing it. So, yeah, it's kooky.

AMANDA TAPPING…ON THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN HERSELF AND HER SCREEN CHARACTER:

I think in the last two seasons she's come into her own as a woman. Which I actually think I have too. You know, I think it hits you in your thirties, where you're like, "I'm not that little kid anymore, I'm not twenty and I'm not scared and I don't have to necessarily prove myself to every single person that I meet. I'm more comfortable in my own skin and I think part of that is because of playing Sam, and I think Sam's more comfortable because of me. It's this great symbiotic relationship we’ve had. But I think that she's just more accessible. She's more well rounded. And she's easier to be around than she was eight years ago.

AMANDA TAPPING…ON REVISITING OLD STORY LINES:

I want to go back and re-visit Cassie, the young girl that she found on that planet, that Dr. Fraiser adopted. And since Dr. Fraiser has passed away -- what's happened to Cassie? That's something I asked for at the beginning of the season. More of her relationships -- more of her interpersonal relationships, because I think they define her as a woman and as a soldier, and how she deals with those relationships. There's a lot of loose ends, and they're all relationship driven.

AMANDA TAPPING…ON THE SUCCESS IN EUROPE:

In the UK especially, France, Germany -- we're a bit more mainstream than we are here. Here, we're genre specific in our shows -- your comedy, your drama -- your SciFi. And, over there it's a bit more of a blend. I think that's what it is.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks for this.

I hope TPTB to listen to Amanda and somehow revisit Cassandra as I know we'll all wanna know how she is doing since Janet sadly died.

Thanks again

Comment

Thanks, Morjana!
      Hatshepsut, Queen Pharaoh

Comment

hi can some one find a video of amanda tapping interview part 3 the sg1-uk doen't work for me
        can someone help me

from maryclaremcdade

Comment

Originally posted by maryclaremcdade
          hi can some one find a video of amanda tapping interview part 3 the sg1-uk doen't work for me
          can someone help me

from maryclaremcdade
          When you say it doesn't work - is the video just not loading or is it that you can't input the third glyph.

If it is the latter then it is because Part III of the video might not be available yet. This is because part III is only unlocked with Volume 40 of SG-1 Region 2 DVD and the the site might not have been updated to accept the third glyph as the DVD is not Officially released until Tomorrow. If this is the case check back tomorrow night.

I had this problem when it came to Atlantis - I couldn't access the new video because they hadn't updated the Atlantis UK site to accept the second glyph.

If it is the video is just not loading then you may have problems with the video player at your end - if it should load in Windows Media Player check you have all the latest codecs and the latest version.

If not any of those problems then I am sorry as thats all I can think off.

Hope the above info helps in some way.

Comment

Thanks for the info!
            sigpic

Comment

Just got around to reading this, but I just wanted to comment on how nice it was that she mentioned revisiting the Cassandra storyline. It had been ignored for far too long, and in view of Janet's death, it seems appropriate to at least check up on Cassie and see what the kid is up to.

Heh. Might be fun to see where she went to college.

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
                Just got around to reading this, but I just wanted to comment on how nice it was that she mentioned revisiting the Cassandra storyline. It had been ignored for far too long, and in view of Janet's death, it seems appropriate to at least check up on Cassie and see what the kid is up to.

Heh. Might be fun to see where she went to college.
                Cassie might meet up with the mini O'Neill 0ne day in the future!

Comment

Many thanks for the transcript

You've done a great job!

Comment

Working...
                  X