This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green uniforms,the colour of means?

OK everyone knows that the colour the atlantis crew wear are related to their jobs right?

Blue = Science
    Black = Military
    Yellow = Medical
    Red = Command?

But I've seen people wearing green jackets amongst the crew what does that mean? Since I've only seen them in the gate room are they gate technicians
    sigpic

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
    OK everyone knows that the colour the atlantis crew wear are related to their jobs right?

Blue = Science
    Black = Military
    Yellow = Medical
    Red = Command?

But I've seen people wearing green jackets amongst the crew what does that mean? Since I've only seen them in the gate room are they gate technicians
    Maybe just techinicians?

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Where's Major Tyler when you need him? He had this entire thing down months ago. I'd give you the link to the thread but it is pretty barried. This has been discussed many times.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        Where's Major Tyler when you need him? He had this entire thing down months ago. I'd give you the link to the thread but it is pretty barried. This has been discussed many times.
        Oh! *blush* I'm flattered you remembered

Here's my theory of what each uniform color means...
        Originally posted by Major Tyler
        1.) Red Panels on Charcoal Uniform = Command Civilian/Non-scientist

2.) Blue Panels on Tan Uniform = Civilian Scientist/Non-Command

3.) Blue Panels on Charcoal Uniform = Command Civilian/Scientist

4.) Green Panels on Charcoal Uniform = Military Technician/Military Scientist

5.) Black Panels on Charcoal Uniform = Tactical/Military

6.) Yellow Panels on Tan Uniform = Medical
        And here's why I think this...
        Originally posted by Major Tyler
        1) and 2) makes the most sense to me because it appears that all of the civilians that wear tan and blue are scientists, and anyone else that is a civilian wears charcoal and red (excluding medical).

3) makes sense because Rodney does seem to have some authority in Atlantis, but he is also a scientist.

To address 4), I think that the charcoal and green is military because, at least to me, the only people we've seen in that uniform acted very military and were put in more military-esque situations. Asian-American Technician (Edmond Wong) and Anglo-Canadian Console Guy (especially in The Siege, Part Two) come off very military to me.

I imagine my reasoning behind 5) and 6) is clear.
        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Well we should find out the truth because the question was asked to Martin Gero and hopefully we will finaly get the truth.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

WTF is tactical supposed to mean?

"Hey, I'm a scientist. What do you do?"
            "That's cool gee. I'm a tactical".

tac·ti·cal
            adj.
            1. Of, relating to, or using tactics.
            a. Of, relating to, used in, or involving military or naval operations that are smaller, closer to base, and of less long-term significance than strategic operations.
            b. Carried out in support of military or naval operations: tactical bombing.
            3. Characterized by adroitness, ingenuity, or skill.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
            - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Fresh from the Ask Martin Gero thread
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Steve_the_Wraith
              Hey Mr. Gero

Quick question the colour the atlantis crew wear are related to their jobs right?

Blue = Science
              Black = Military
              Yellow = Medical
              Red = Command?

Pretty much, yeah.

Green is for opperations (gateroom stuff)
              sigpic

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

I have a stupid question. Why doesn't Major Sheppard wear a std. Air Force issue uniform, rather than the "Atlantis" uniform worn by the civilians?
                  "After all is said and done, more is said, than done." - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Believer
                    I have a stupid question. Why doesn't Major Sheppard wear a std. Air Force issue uniform, rather than the "Atlantis" uniform worn by the civilians?
                    Everyone on Atlantis wears the Atlantis uniforms regardless of whether or not they are civilian. During specific tactical missions and/or if concealment is a concern, the U.S. Marines will don their MARPAT digital camoflage.

Comment

i think that it is cool that they have star trek thing going on

Comment

Working...
                      X