Official Stargate Magazine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Official Stargate Magazine Thread

In this topic you can post the new covers for the SG-1 magazines or any thoughts or anything regarding the official magazine in this thread.

Here are the Cover Arts for the magazines:

Issue 1

Issue 2

Issue 3

Issue 4

Issue 5

Issue 6

Issue 7

Issue 8

Issue 9

Issue 10
    Last edited by TheWarrior; 16 April 2006, 12:40 AM.

Wow, I like the cover for the 5th magazine! I just got issue #4, I'm almost done with the Michael Shanks interview and I am really excited about the poster! Have you seen the first 3 issues yet? I'm having a blast with these magazines, it's about time someone began making them!
    Well, most of us were at work here...

The five J's of Stargate: Jack, Janet, Jonas, Jacob, Jackson!!!
    In memorium: Whistler84 and Atteria...may you always be remembered.

Comment

I have all 4 issues and yes, I love the cover on 4 and am looking forward to issue 5. The articles have been surprisingly good and the pics are fabulous. Glad I got a subscription when they first announced it, because they seem to sell out quickly in my local bookstore.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        I have all 4 issues and yes, I love the cover on 4 and am looking forward to issue 5. The articles have been surprisingly good and the pics are fabulous. Glad I got a subscription when they first announced it, because they seem to sell out quickly in my local bookstore.
        Ditto!! I have enjoyed them all, too. Had to buy the first one at the bookstore.......it was very hard to find only one store had it around. I'm glad I get it, too!!!! Happe reading

Comment

I have got Number 2 and 3 and I am buying Number 4 today after University. I tried to order Number 1 from the UK Titan magazine store and its now not there. Just leaving it one day and I miss out.

The magazine is excellent, the news is slightly dated sometimes but the interviews are excellent and the Daniel Jackson notebook type information on the races is an interesting read.

Comment

i'm rather annoyed that the price of issue 4 went up and we were not told
            Virtual Jurassic Park

Comment

I didn't even notice the price going up - but still worth the money ;-)

I have scanned in the covers for magazines 2 - 4.

I've also re-named this topic the magazine topic - so any news or discussion on the official magazines can be posted in here.
              Last edited by TheWarrior; 14 July 2005, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Cool magazine. But all the newsagents near by arn't selling them at the moment. I don't know whether they just haven't got any in yet or just arn't selling them but it's driving me mad.

I prefer this one to the one with the dvd. Already got the dvds and the mag is way better.
                Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

Originally posted by John_Sheppard
                  Cool magazine. But all the newsagents near by arn't selling them at the moment. I don't know whether they just haven't got any in yet or just arn't selling them but it's driving me mad.

I prefer this one to the one with the dvd. Already got the dvds and the mag is way better.
                  The Official magazine is alot better than the DVD one. The DVD magazine I spotted had alot of mistakes in its content (thoe Magazine four of the official has a fair few mistakes in content)

If your newsagents isn't selling the magazine you could try the titan magazine websites to subscribe

Here are the Websites

UK
                  http://www.titanmagazines.com/titanm...Product&sp=S86

USA
                  http://www.titanmagazines.com/titanm...Product&sp=S12

Other Countries
                  http://www.titanmagazines.com/magazines.html
                  Last edited by TheWarrior; 06 July 2006, 11:55 PM.

Comment

I enjoy these magazines a lot because of the interviews, contests and posters. I have the first two posters SG-1 side up and I'm currently trying to make room for the other two. I finished the Shanks interview and enjoyed it, along with Claudia Black and Corin Nemec (it's about time they brought up Jonas Quinn!!). I haven't read the Rachel one yet, but I'm saving it for last because I don't want to read through everything too quickly; it can be hard when you're enjoying the magazine too much...

Do you need a scan of the cover for issue 1?

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderqueen
                      I enjoy these magazines a lot because of the interviews, contests and posters. I have the first two posters SG-1 side up and I'm currently trying to make room for the other two. I finished the Shanks interview and enjoyed it, along with Claudia Black and Corin Nemec (it's about time they brought up Jonas Quinn!!). I haven't read the Rachel one yet, but I'm saving it for last because I don't want to read through everything too quickly; it can be hard when you're enjoying the magazine too much...

Do you need a scan of the cover for issue 1?
                      If you could scan that image it that would be great - then it'll add to the collection of covers in this topic.

I know what you mean about not reading everything in one go - as the magazine has to last you two months like. I've finished mine within two days - now I have to wait till June to get the next one to read.

The interviews are great as are the mission coverage and posters.

Comment

Here it is! First time uploading to this Forum so pardon if there are any mistakes!

Comment

Originally posted by Spiderqueen
                          Here it is! First time uploading to this Forum so pardon if there are any mistakes!

Thanks for that. I've uploaded it again as a jpeg and posted it with the others.

Cheers

Comment

I never knew they had SG-1 magazines out! Can i still get them from the very first issue ???
                            http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...el/friends.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Jack's Angel
                              I never knew they had SG-1 magazines out! Can i still get them from the very first issue ???
                              I've had a look on the Titan Magazine website to renew the first issue myself but its no longer listed on the UK site, as for the US or other countries back issues try the links on post 9 of this thread :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X