This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tau'ri tech to reach pegasus

I remember when we blew up apophis' fleet weren't SG1 and apophis' ha'tak blown far, far beyond the range of goa'uld or asgard technology to get home in time. I think flying that ha'tak that SG1 had it would take them sonething like 10 thousand years to get home at maximum speed with hyperdrive working at 100%. However the replicators modified apophis' ha'tak and were able to get back to our galaxy in several hours. During reckoning as they took over more and more goa'uld worlds surely they modified more ships like they did the one above. If we could take some of these from the Jaffa Nation or they loan us a couple to study the tech we would be able to make the trip to pegasus a lot shorter and make it seem less cutoff (obviously not what writers want to do but techinically speaking...) We coudl also run them on stable naquadah as the goa'uld ships were rather than the more dangerous naquadriah. Or if we improve stability of naquadriah, use it to go even faster. Potentially this could be even better than our asgard engines.

or just use a zpm-enhanced ship of our own (once we find a big stash of zpms)
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

theres one thing im wondering, when thoth i think it was, found the key to making naquadria stable, did they store it in the computer at vis uban ( cant remember the place, the rebel jaffa stormed in threads and there was no one there). any if they did, we could make naquadria powered power station in the SGC and easily be able to power the gate to pegasus, and just send them stuff.
      and yes i think we, a) should get at least 20% of the FJN's fleet or at leat those that the replicators held, because we beat them not the FJN ( plus they were the most advanced), and b) the the replicators did improve everything of use to them while adapting them to meet their needs.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
        theres one thing im wondering, when thoth i think it was, found the key to making naquadria stable, did they store it in the computer at vis uban ( cant remember the place, the rebel jaffa stormed in threads and there was no one there).

Thoth didnt find the key, thoth was the one who built all the super soliders for Anubis. And the scientist working on stabalising naquadria failed and resultingly is dead.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

The Ha'tak was getting extra energy from a huge Replicator but since all the Replicators in the Ha'taks that attacked Dakara were destroyed, I doubt that they retain the Replicator upgrades.

Comment

how do replicators power themselves?
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

We never found out did we?

Comment

For that matter, how do they make more of themselves out of nothing? I think the real question though, is whether we can use dead Replicator cells, and we've pretty much seen that the answer is no.

I also don't think naquadria will beat out Asgard stuff in the near future, b/c although it seems much better than naquadah, I don't see the million-percent improvement necessary for that to happen.

Of course, this is all just my opinion.

Comment

why not, we may not get the power boost the replicators gave to the engine but they must have modified it first before ti could accept more energy and go faster. Those changes should remain even when the replictaors suddenly turn into little pieces, they wouldn't have had time to revert the ships so their modifications should still be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
                    why not, we may not get the power boost the replicators gave to the engine but they must have modified it first before ti could accept more energy and go faster. Those changes should remain even when the replictaors suddenly turn into little pieces, they wouldn't have had time to revert the ships so their modifications should still be there.
                    May may have been part of the modifications themselves, so when they all turned to replicater dust only half a hyperdrive was left.

Comment

i must admit that a posibility but the replicator were fighting, so they might not cae about 'eating' until they have time, in that case theywould of just upgraded the ship so they could win and have time to eat, they wouldnt sacrafice the ships because they need to eat/ ' replicate', so they would want to win.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

just because they modified one engine doesnt mean they did it to all of them..

they modified the engine to get to the milky way as fast as they could, once they were in the milky way speed at that level wasnt important..

that and i think the super duper hyper drive was actually some replicators interfaced with the core of the ship...
                        Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

hmm well even if they didnt upgrade the engines (it seems like they did considering the speed with which they swept through the MW) they must have upgraded weapons/shields because they wiped the floor with all the goa'uld even Ba'al. Learning from these advancements would be very important to us and useful since replicator ships were more than a match for the asgard too, a true replicator ship i.e. not just a modded one could only be destroyed in the single second after exiting hyperspace then it could take on the asgard. Either way considering the success the replicators were having in reckoning 1 and 2, they must have seriously improved at least some of the ships and I have no doubt learning from these would seriously help us in Pegasus Galaxy.

Comment

i think they powered themselves with what Thor called a Curon? may just be some sort of matter they use for energy and to control temselves?
                            Fire. Walk with me

Comment

i think curon was a scientific unit to do with energy much like our joule. when thor was trying to explain the replicators to major carter before she said do a kamikaze with the o'neill. Point is despite what they did and may not have left behind since they were destroyed, they must have left some changes behind and they would be really useful to us since not even teh asgard could really affect them.

Comment

Working...
                              X