X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The NOX vs The Aliens from Spirits

[SPOILERS: SEASON 1 & 2 - The Nox and SPIRITS respectively]

Ok, has anybody noticed that these guys can do almost anything the Nox can do? As far as I have seen the Aliens from Spirits are almost just like the Nox. here are some similarities and contrasts I observed,

Similarities

- They live in peace with nature like the Nox.

- They heal their wounded just like the Nox by gathering around and doing hand motions.

- They make others disappear at will.

- I think they can open the gate with their powers (not sure but Nox do it cooler anyways).

-Both races have a stubborness to them.

- Enemy of the Goa'uld

Contrast

- These guys can shape-shift into different forms, preferably animals (I have not seen a Nox shape shift so I can't say they don't).

- I'm not sure if they can make themselves disappear, I don't remember seeing it. Maybe thats the major difference between them and the Nox. While they can shap-shift the Nox can make themselves disappear.

- These guys are way more ugly and less humanoid (at least in the face)

- They seem to transport people to another dimension when they make them disappear (Maybe Nox do too).

-Pretend to be gods or at least overly protective (Nox are protective but these guys seem to like to control in a way).

- MOST IMPORTANTLY: Unlike the Nox these guys are hostile and will attack and destroy (seems like they got something up there 24/7).

I have a feeling the Aliens from Spirits are less advanced for some reason, maybe it's the attire but what maybe the biggest question is that we never knew what their formal name was. Drumroll........

Could they be the furlings? It would make alot of sense. Maybe the Nox and The Spirits(furlings) are distant cousins like Vulcans and Romulans. I wonder why this race is not part of the Alliance if they are not the furlings?

I wonder who would win if they fought?

Originally posted by TheScorpionsSting
    - MOST IMPORTANTLY: Unlike the Nox these guys are hostile and will attack and destroy (seems like they got something up there 24/7).

----

Could they be the furlings? It would make alot of sense. Maybe the Nox and The Spirits(furlings) are distant cousins like Vulcans and Romulans. I wonder why this race is not part of the Alliance if they are not the furlings?
    The aliens from "Spirits" were only aggressive because they were being defensive, they do not seem to have any outwardly malicious intent. They seem to be the best candidates to represent what is left of the Furlings, they better explain who they were in the 8th season. Also, didn't those Aliens from "Spirits" explain how they got there, something like having rescued the locals from the Goa'uld, and stickin around to make sure they were ok?
    -GuyFromOH
    I'm a guy, from Ohio.
    ------------------------------------
    Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
    Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
    cool!"

Comment

Yup, that's why they protected them

Comment

I wonder who would win if they fought?
        the nox are total pacifists, they wouldn't fight. they'd just hide themselves. so.... would that be considered a forfeit?

Comment

The Nox once said that they'd have no trouble defending theirselves (I believe the episode was "The Nox", where they showed the city to Jack), so I imagine if they couldn't hide they'd fight so I'd view hiding as a battle tactic

Comment

but they would only fight as a last resort, and if they hid they wouldn't have to fight. would the aliens from spirits be able to find them if they hid though? and i think the more important question is, would they have to count to 10 or to 100 before they could start looking?

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
              but they would only fight as a last resort, and if they hid they wouldn't have to fight. would the aliens from spirits be able to find them if they hid though? and i think the more important question is, would they have to count to 10 or to 100 before they could start looking?
              and as the Nox have shown us, all bases are off-ground

They'd still fight though - and I'd love to see some Nox technology in action... Big honkin' space-guns would look like pea-shooters I think

Comment

Well...Lya did take away the weapons of military personel standing guard in the gate room. So maybe they will fight if backed into a corner. "I am woman hear me roar", Raaaaaaarrrrr

Comment

Sorrry,folks, but I really can't see the Nox "Fighting" anyone. They'd just phase all weapons held by any adversary out of range, like they did in various eps.

Very difficult to carry on a fight, without weapons/any other required equipment,etc, IMO!

Same kind of logic applies to the Aliens from "Spirits",they didn't harm anyone.
                  Like the Nox,they COULD have chosen to do far worse than they did.They instead chose to "Disappear"/phase away anyone who got in their way.

Let's face it,Jack was injured by an arrow fired by one of the Salesh tribe,not an Alien. The advice, seemingly given by Xe'ls and Co to fire it, was intended as a preventative measure.(Failed though! )

If these Aliens had decided to not listen to Daniel and Jack,nothing could have stopped them from actually destroying the SGC and everyone in it.

As to whether the "Spirits Aliens" could have been the Furlings,who knows?

If it does ever turn out, that they are the long-missing Furlings,I wouldn't be surprised.

I can't see them wishing to make war on the Nox,as they seemed quite happy to carry on defending Tonane's Planet.Given that the Nox aren't warmongers and just want to remain in Peace on their Planet,too.........I just can't imagine these Races being in a position to wage war in the first place!

As to which Race might be more powerful,even thinking hypothetically,I haven't the slightest idea! Interesting question, though !!
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Maybe the Nox are like -- well, what are some of the cute aliens from other shows... that appear so cute and pacifist at first, but when threatened, they turn into these ugly, monstrous things that literally can chomp heads off. Anyone know who I'm talking about? Wasn't there something like that in that in Men In Black?
                    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Or Gremlins maybe?

I wander how the Furlings got their name if they weren't... Furry... I've never really thought about it like that, but I've always imagined them as kinda Ewokish

Comment

Yeah... I would think Furlings are furry too but maybe irony will win out, and has been stated elsewhere on this board -- maybe they'll end up all scaly and stuff.

HAHA... yeah, Gremlins... sure fuzzy and cute, but don't add water.
                        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

one thing you said is that the nok are enemy to the gou'ald, well that is not true the nok are enemy to no one, they too dam peaceful, they don't even fight them. Hell they even healed a jaffa who was attacking them. Not only that but the nok don't shapeshift they can become invisible/teleport. The spirit aliens just change forms. Not only that but the nok were allies with the ancients, which in my opinion takes allot of knowledge to interact with the gatebuilders on that kind of level. Plus the spirit aliens where very hostile when the SQc said they would go back and take the mineral. I mean why dont those aliens just burry the freaking gate.

Comment

I think both races are just too lazy to go to war and that they use their pacivity as an excuse to do nothing.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Its seems the aliens from spirits were smaller in number, but also we have only seen the tip of the iceburg when it comes to the Nox...for all we know they have surpassed the Asgard technologically, possibly even the ancients...it has been over 10,000 years...we just don't know is the thing!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X