ST: Enterprise "In a mirror, darkly (Part 1)"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ST: Enterprise "In a mirror, darkly (Part 1)"

Alright, I have waited intensly for this two-parter since I first heard of it, and I am DEFINATELY not disapointed!

The first part was amazing! Can't wait for the second, acting was great so were the SFX.

Muahaha... Great episode 9/10 for me!
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

hello, i did not want to open up another thread, does anybody know if this marks the true end of the Star Trek franchise? Usually a prequel in sci-fi is never good.

I cant look anywhere else because I maed a promise two years ago to read no spoilers or news.......but i love Enterprise!

Comment

Star Trek is dying a slow, painful death. It can be revived, though with a shot in the arm so-to-speak.

Tonight's episode was AWESOME!!!

Comment

That was soooooooooooooooooooooooo cool! That right there is probably my favorite episode of Enterprise EVAR! I loved everything about it, and I'm eagerly awaiting next week's episode. This more than makes up for last week's mess.
        MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

The first half was good. We finally got to see a Tholian from head to toe, and we may get to see a Gorn again next week.

But let's see how they close the story though... because if the ending is weak, in retrospect it won't matter how strong it begins.

I must admit, though, I did enjoy seeing the "lesser species" put in their place by the dominant human empire... just once. The Vulcans certainly don't have the superiority attitude they do in the regular Trek continuum, do they?

I must also admit that for the very first time I found reason to agree with those who find Hoshi hot.

Comment

Was the opening credits different?! I saw like the last few seconds, and it seemed different.
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

The opening theme was awesome, one of the best parts of the whole episode.

They replaced the normal sissy opening music with this dark military sounding stuff and replaced all the shots of humanity's progress through science and exploration with shots of humanity's progress through warfare.

They started off showing things like the old tallships unloading broadsides moved on to WW2, then modern tanks, jets, missiles, the H-bomb test, then into the future. They edited the shot of that triangle shaped ship so that it now fires torpedoes and blows up the moon colony.

Spoiler:
              Best scene was the one in the very begining. It's the scene from the first contact movie where the Vulcans land to meet Cochran and friends. This time however Cochran tries to make the live long and prosper sign back at the Vulcan, fails, then reaches into his coat and shotguns the Vulcan guy one handed. Then all the human townspeople storm the Vulcan ship with guns and take it over.

I haven't enjoyed a Trek episode that much in years.

Comment

I've been waiting for something to rival DS9's Terran Empire episodes, which were, in turn, continuations of TOS', for a long time. Well, I can honestly say I think I enjoyed this episode moreso than DS9's, even... it was amazing. If Part 2 is as good as Part 1 was, wow.

Damn it, damn it. Enterprise is so good lately. Ugh... so saddening that it's ending now. Yet so enjoyable nevertheless!
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Maybe all those people who are trying to save enterprise will sucessed: but it will be this version of Enterprise lol
                  Ses
                  James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Last nights episode kicked major booty. Sure there are plotholes involved in any MU episode but are always fun. Also answering the TOS questions about what happened to the Defiant and explaining the Tholians was pretty cool.

Comment

Since these are supposed to be "evil" Humans does the ship still suck? Was there any redesign to make it into a real combat ship?
                      "Time is waiting
                      We only got 4 minutes to save the world!
                      No hesitating
                      Grab a boy and grab a girl!
                      Time is waiting
                      No hesitating
                      We only got 4 minutes, huh 4 minutes..."

System Lords like to dance too .

Comment

this ep rocked, season 4 is really great,

bring on part 2
                        Spoiler:
                        and the Gorn

They should have had manny from the beginning instead of these 2 idiots

Comment

Originally posted by Vetesn
                          Since these are supposed to be "evil" Humans does the ship still suck? Was there any redesign to make it into a real combat ship?
                          Good question. The answer is I don't know. The crew seemed quite a bit larger like a warship would have. If I had to guess I would say that the MU Enterprise wouldn't be much better however Starfleet had around 100 ships at this time instead of just 2 so they were much stronger in total.

Comment

Well, they don't have shields yet.. so that still puts them behind technologically, but they DO have tractor beams and stolen cloaking devices, which puts them ahead of the conventional Trek continuum.

Comment

That was a decent episode but nothing speacil and filled with to much camp acting. The opening was hilarious though. Exactly the kind of first contact scenario I envision if a ship landed in the south. Was nice to have an opening that didn't make me cringe to.

Would it have killed them to design some real uniforms? and what is with the women? are the writers 12 or something? and that the Vulcans failed to conquer a war ravaged and broken world...they're now the most idiotic military in star trek and that's saying something.
                              "Time is waiting
                              No hesitating
                              Grab a boy and grab a girl!
                              Time is waiting
                              No hesitating
                              We only got 4 minutes, huh 4 minutes..."

System Lords like to dance too .

Comment

Working...
                              X