This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you judge an episode by spoilers...

Or do you judge them by spoilers, then rejudge the episode once it airs. I think that makes sense...
    Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 05 June 2004, 09:52 AM.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
    Or do you judge them by spoilers, then rejudge the episode once it airs. I think that makes sense...
    The spoilers determine how excited I am about an episode in advance; however, I judge an episode only after I have seen it.

Comment

I am the same way.
      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        Generallly speaking I don't judge the final product by the spoilers but the spoilers do determine how much I am looking forward to an episode. Sometimes they are better and sometimes they are worse than the spoilers.

Comment

The spoilers are a nice teaser but the reality of things is that there is absolutely NO substitute for actually experiencing an episode and watching it for yourself. Text hardly conveys the emotion the way it does when the actors say it on screen, with all their expressions and the context it's in. For example, Teal'c's "What is an Oprah?" appears mildly humorous but when you actually watch him deliver that line, it's SO much of a hoot. Likewise, you can say "so-and-so blows up" and it sounds understated and undramatic compared to what is actually happening on the screen... PLANET GO BOOM!!
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

I think spoilers are a nice little taster of the episode as long as it doesn't goo to far into detail. I think the basic storyline accompanied with about fifteen pictures is enough. Besides, I'm sure the producers don't want everything revealled
            __

__

Comment

i don't ever judge an episode on the spoilers. i read the spoilers to find out what happens, but what sounds bad in text can come of pretty good and vica-versa.

spook
              spook

Comment

Originally posted by sshspooky
                i don't ever judge an episode on the spoilers. i read the spoilers to find out what happens, but what sounds bad in text can come of pretty good and vica-versa.

spook
                I totally agree, i read spoilers for this one show, and although i would watch the episode anyway, expecting badness, i thought the episode was really good.

Comment

I don't judge an episode by spoilers, but spoilers do raise (or lower) my anticipation of a particular episode.

It is much nicer to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised than to be really excited about an episode and be disappointed. My expectations for season 8 are pretty low at this point so I figure there's nowhere to go but up!
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                    I don't judge an episode by spoilers, but spoilers do raise (or lower) my anticipation of a particular episode.

It is much nicer to have low expectations and be pleasantly surprised than to be really excited about an episode and be disappointed. My expectations for season 8 are pretty low at this point so I figure there's nowhere to go but up!
                    Heheh yah But the pictures i've seen make me 'excited' for the season8 premiere , so my expectations are just... oh wait, i have no expectations... haha...

Comment

The new pictures of the opening episodes look pretty cool
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                        The new pictures of the opening episodes look pretty cool
                        Ahh, yes it does, we get to see Yu for one, and we get to see a new Japanese system lord Me so Happy...

Comment

Well, actually, I'm pretty sure everyone judges an episode by reading the spoilers, it's hard not to form an opinion. The real question is do you rejudge after seeing the actual episode, as one should do (Or do you just bother not to watch like certain shady people )

Comment

I'm asking this question (the topic question) because some people say they won't watch the season/episodes because what the spoilers say.

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                              Well, actually, I'm pretty sure everyone judges an episode by reading the spoilers, it's hard not to form an opinion. The real question is do you rejudge after seeing the actual episode, as one should do (Or do you just bother not to watch like certain shady people )
                              Think of it like looking for a book to read. Obviously, you can't read every book there is. So, you have to judge based on things like reviews, word of mouth, the back cover of the book. But, there are times when you just have to decide that the book isn't for you, even without reading the whole thing. (Or, you'd go crazy trying to read everything, just in case all the previous stuff didn't do it justice). Or, when you decide what movie to see. People usually decide that from the trailers. I don't know of anyone who goes to every movie just to judge their opinions after they see it. It doesn't seem any different for an episode of a tv show.
                              I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                              X