Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Friendshippers Thread

Heya!

This is a thread for simply enjoying the close friendships between all the regular characters on SG1 and SGA!!

Me personally...I love the Jack Teal'c friendship, as well as the interraction between McKay and Sheppard.

Of course...McKay and Zelenka are a hoot too!!!!

And you can't forget Jack and Maybourne!

The list's neverending!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

I think one of the main reasons Stargate is so likable is the team as a close knit unit with strong friendship (speaking for sg-1 anyway as I haven't seen Atlantis). Everyone loves the episodes with lots of team spirit!

Aside from that I always really liked the Sam Daniel friendship.
    "Do you people practice being vague?"

Comment

Yeah...Sam and Daniel are great! Especially if you rewatch seasons one and two!
      sigpic

Comment

I have to say I really enjoy the friendships on SG1 and SGA. Sam/Daniel is my favourite on SG1, and on SGA I think there are possibly too many to count.
        I particularly like Weir/McKay, McKay/Beckett, McKay/Grodin, Mckay/Zelenka, Sheppard/Teyla...there's more but I won't list them all. Friendship often gets underated but it's important and I'm glad the SG writers are so good at portraying it.
        Last edited by Purpleyin; 22 April 2005, 09:24 AM.

Comment

I love the Jack and Daniel friendship. Shades of Grey broke my heart the first time I saw it, when Jack pretended to blow Daniel off. Need, Meridian, and Abyss were some other great friendship eps for those two. Jack tends to be more loyal to the people around him than to abstract principles, while Daniel's kind of the other way around, and that really shows through the dialogue in Abyss. Plus Daniel sees in Jack what Jack doesn't want to face in himself.

Another friendship I love is Sam and Janet. They work together on scientific stuff, which gives them a common ground. Then there's Cassie, about whom they both care.

I think Teal'c and Jonas had the potential for a cool friendship; too bad Jonas left so soon. It was Teal'c he went to to try and convince Jack to take him onto SG1. The boxing scene was awesome. Another of my favorites is when they're eating ice cream in Unnatural Selection, I don't know why.

Friendship lasts longer than most romantic relationships will, and it's not against any regulations! I love the little moments between characters that aren't the center of an episode (unlike the romantic relationships.) Sam/Pete, Sam/ Jack, Daniel/Sha're, etc. have episodes written around their interactions; friendships are kept more in the background, but seem more natural because of that. A casual mention of a day at the lake does more to show off a friendship than a kiss does for a 'ship.
          Last edited by yasureubetcha; 22 April 2005, 01:35 PM.

Comment

I really miss Teal'c/Jonas. They were really good friends throughout season six - the scene where Teal'c thinks Jonas is suggesting an alien conspiracy cracks me up every time. I also like the Sam/Teal'c friendship. The scene in 'Revelations' when they're at the controls of the Tel'tak is really moving.

Comment

I think some really great potential Sam and Janet moments were completely wasted in Heroes by the way they insisted on keeping us in the dark about who had died. Even though I never actually thought it was Jack, the fact that we were supposed to think everyone (especially Sam) was grieving over Jack ruined what could've been great friendship stuff, for both Sam and Daniel. I resent having been manipulated in that way, and I resent having genuine friendship shoved into the background in this ep. for the sake of semi-'shippy suspense. If that episode had been done better, it could've been one of the best friendship eps. ever, possibly from tons of (Sam, Daniel, and Hammond's) angles.

Comment

Thank you so much sueKay for this thread !

I'm not sure yet of the friendships I like the most on SGA.
                But in SG1, two friendships get my vote. Teal'c and Jack friendship because it's a silent one. They don't need words to understand each other. They respect each other and have both a strong sense of honor.
                And also Sam and Jonas friendship, because it grew stronger and stronger, because they cared a lot for each other, because Sam got to be fun and more open and I really found it nice to have this big sister / little brother relationship between them.
                Kingdom of Samanda : Hic Comitas Regit

Comment

Originally posted by Lys
                  Thank you so much sueKay for this thread !

Teal'c and Jack friendship because it's a silent one. They don't need words to understand each other. They respect each other and have both a strong sense of honor.
                  totally agree on those points!! thanks SueKay !!
                  and Teal'c and Jack's friendship is so great! I love the way they understand each other with a look, an eyebrow raising or just a presence...they always know what the other think, no need to talk or to babble...

but I also like a lot Jack and Daniel and the way their friendship grew and the admiration that Jack has developed and the mutual respect between them...Love when Jack calls Daniel with cute little names like Danny boy or Space monkey...

Comment

Although it's more of a master and student relationship in the beginning, I've always loved the friendship between Teal'c and Bra'tac. Teal'c has had a difficult, perspective-altering experience being with the Tau'ri, one that few other Jaffa can appreciate other than the worldly wise Bra'tac.

The friendship I find the most dynamic is the one between Jack and Daniel. These are two men who, were it not for the common bond of their experiences, would never have become friends--they're just too different. Many of my favorite episodes involve plots that cause those differences to come into conflict.

For SGA, McKay is the most interesting and complex character for me. So it's his interactions with all the other characters that I enjoy the most.

Favorite friendship scene:
                    Spoiler:

O'NEILL: You are so wrong. It's a perfect analogy. Burns as Goa'uld.

TEAL'C:They are merely animated characters O'Neill.

O'NEILL: You are so shallow.

JACKSON: Oh, please! Teal'c's like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.

TEAL'C: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.

JACKSON: Oh!! See?

O'NEILL: No more beer for you.
                    Don't say "ka" until you've tried it.

Comment

My first pick for friendships is definitely Jack and Teal'c. They have such a great friendship--like brothers in fact. The way they have come to each other's defense in numerous situations is very telling.

I also enjoy the friendship between Daniel & Jack. Fanwoman is right in saying that they would have never become friends except for the situation that was thrust upon them. They are very different.

The friendship between Sam & Daniel is also great. After
                      Spoiler:
                      Daniel returned from being ascended, it was Sam that convinced him to come back to SG-1
                      Their bond is very special too.
                      -girlgater

Comment

I really like the Sam /Teal'c friendship ..He has always been a great supporter to her ...and he sometimes choses to go on a mission with her instead of alone ..like a bodyguard He is so protective to her like in
                        Spoiler:
                        new order 1 ( the hand she needed not be swept away into space ) and in Paradise lost/Heroes ( A shoulder to cry on)
                        ...I 'm sure there are many more ...but yes I really like the Sam /Teal'c friendship

Caty

Comment

I love the Love/hate relationships in Stargate, such as Jack and Harry in 'Paradise Lost'

Jack: Hell I even got to shoot you!
                          Harry: Twice!

So funny!
                          sigpic

Comment

I love the discussion between Zelenka and Mckay during "The Siege"
                            McKay "You just admitted I am smarter than you
                            Zelenka "I did no such thing"
                            McKay "Yes you did"
                            the scene was priceless

Comment

I love the part in Hide and Seek when Sheppard throws Rodney off the balcony; the looks on their faces are just like little boys pushing each other in a river!

Comment

Working...
                              X