Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Sheppard Use The Ancient headsucker??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should Sheppard Use The Ancient headsucker??

as we all no that O'Neil has had the ancient memories imput into his mind why dosnt sheppard i recon sheppard has more of the ancient gene to handle that kind of stuff in his mind or if it dosnt he could design a new wepon what could wipe out the wraith like O'neil did with the Repucator's and then get the Asgaurd to wipe it out if cant handle itt

Originally posted by AtlantisForever
    as we all no that O'Neil has had the ancient memories imput into his mind why dosnt sheppard i recon sheppard has more of the ancient gene to handle that kind of stuff in his mind or if it dosnt he could design a new wepon what could wipe out the wraith like O'neil did with the Repucator's and then get the Asgaurd to wipe it out if cant handle itt
    It's not the fact O'Neill doesn't have a stong enough ancient gene, it's that the human mind has not evolved to a point where it can handle the knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
      It's not the fact O'Neill doesn't have a stong enough ancient gene, it's that the human mind has not evolved to a point where it can handle the knowledge.
      well u can evole ur mind if u tryd i just recon major sheppard could handle all that knowledge like O'neil has to put his full mind to turn the Puddle jumper on and major sheppard just touches it. i just recon he should just try it and find out away to make a new wepon to destroy the wraith when they try to attack atlantis again

Comment

If you can evolve your mind that easily then why don't you do it. Evolution takes time & as a race the human specoes just isn't there yet.

As for Shep using it, 1. we have not seen any yet in Pegasus & it makes sense to not to have left any. 2. What's the point in him using it if in a few days he starts to go into ancient o'neill mode, There are no Asgard to remove it, So his brain would just eventually shutdown from information overload. Besided you say the to use the Ancient knowledge to create a new weapon to fight the Wraith. Didn't the actual ones who built the repositories & downloaded their knowledge into it have the knowledge & they couldn't come up with anything viable otherwise they wouldn't have fled back to the MW. So what would make you think he could do any better.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B
          If you can evolve your mind that easily then why don't you do it. Evolution takes time & as a race the human specoes just isn't there yet.

As for Shep using it, 1. we have not seen any yet in Pegasus & it makes sense to not to have left any. 2. What's the point in him using it if in a few days he starts to go into ancient o'neill mode, There are no Asgard to remove it, So his brain would just eventually shutdown from information overload. Besided you say the to use the Ancient knowledge to create a new weapon to fight the Wraith. Didn't the actual ones who built the repositories & downloaded their knowledge into it have the knowledge & they couldn't come up with anything viable otherwise they wouldn't have fled back to the MW. So what would make you think he could do any better.
          very good point i must admit but they said they couldnt make a time travle device but they could i bet many of the ancients had many new idea's what the anceint high council didnt aprove off like "Before Isleep" Dr Wier went back in time and met the ancients they didnt want to send her back because they didnt like the idea that there messing around with time. so u cant really say that they couldnt come up with new idea's for wepons then tell the high council about it and see if they aprove. well we no there was "5" Ancient home worlds in pegasis galaxy how u not no that there isnt a Knowledge device there could be under ground like the Earth Ancient Wepon Outpost
          1 day we will be able to unlock our minds so we could learn alot of more about the MW infact the whole universe

well in season 2 -3 i recon Asgaurd will be able to learn about atlantis and with there help we wil finally find out the true power of Atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by AtlantisForever
            I'd be interested to see if it would have the same effect on Shep, as he has quite a potent version of the ancient gene...and a high level of control over it. Maybe the headsuckers were made as they were as a security measure - so the transfer of info could only be controlled by an Ancient, or someone like Shep, who has a significant level of ability to manipulate Ancient tech. Anyone else just has their mind over-written and eventually dies, so that in info cannot be passed into the wrong hands.

I've never heard it mentioned that O'Neill even has the ATA Gene...I just assumed he had the ability to use the Ancients tech put into him by the headsucker and that it was purely a mental thing. Basically the knowledge left a trace of ATA that enabled him to activate the technology, but the rest had to come from him concentrating really hard.

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
            "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Originally posted by knocknashee
              I'd be interested to see if it would have the same effect on Shep, as he has quite a potent version of the ancient gene...and a high level of control over it. Maybe the headsuckers were made as they were as a security measure - so the transfer of info could only be controlled by an Ancient, or someone like Shep, who has a significant level of ability to manipulate Ancient tech. Anyone else just has their mind over-written and eventually dies, so that in info cannot be passed into the wrong hands.

I've never heard it mentioned that O'Neill even has the ATA Gene...I just assumed he had the ability to use the Ancients tech put into him by the headsucker and that it was purely a mental thing. Basically the knowledge left a trace of ATA that enabled him to activate the technology, but the rest had to come from him concentrating really hard.
              yes O'neil has known that he has the gene in the "5th Race" well i guess when the rest figgar out what kind of lanuage he is speakin then when he uses the Headsucker again the the "Lost City Part1" he made a go'uld cargo ship faster then any ship the go'uld has

Comment

Apart from him using the sucker, it's confirmed that he has it in 'It's good to be king'

DANIEL:

Come on, Jack. You've already proven that the Ancient gene you possess allows you to operate Ancient technology. It's no different than the device in Antarctica.

Although I seriously doubt there are any scattered in Pegasus for a number of reasons. We don't know if it it was the Atlantians who built them on their return from Pegasus or their brothers in the MW at the time of them dying out from the plague. I'd personally say it'd be the MW ones who built them.

The Atlantians were caught off guard, So they wouldn't have even considered creating them before their encounter. During the war they wouldn't have considered it as they had more important things to worry about as they must have believed they could win if they fought for 100 years. Besides they left Atlantis in one piece, So they left something more valueable behind.

They weren't actually wiped out to near extinction by the Wraith, In 'Before I Sleep' it's said they are waiting for the last of their inbound transport ships. This suggests to me they had a few arrive previously. So a good amount survived & returned to Earth.

Lastly we don't know about the Wraith's origins only that they are part human, So their human ancestors having been seeded by the Ancients possibly could also have had the ancient gene therefore it would be unknown if any Wraith possibly could also have it. So I just don't believe there are any. Although I think it will be full of their technology from the planets that was destroyed by the Wraith culling.

Comment

It doesn’t matter about the weapons because even with weapons and advance tech the ancients still couldn’t defeat the wraith. The wraith have more resources and out numbers us.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I really think the ancients main problem in not defeating the Wraith was they were just too advanced. The same scenario as the Asgard when they first enlisted the help of SG-1 in their battle with the replicators. No matter what they did, the better the tech they built the more advanced the reps became. Yet SG-1 with their dumber & primitive ideas worked because the reps hadn't even encounter it before. The same would go for the Wraith, The ancients seemed to be trying to build bigger & better tech like Warships, Weapons sats etc. Obviously the Wraith have become pretty good at what they do over the past 10,000 or more years. However the ancients would have really been their only enemy in Pegasus as the rest were referred to as defenseless human worlds. So the SGA team have a lot less tech disadvantage than the Ancients but although they don't also possess the same mental capacity as the ancients they are far more resourceful & crafty. The Wraith wouldn't have ever experienced things that has & will be done to them by the Atlantis team.

Comment

Originally posted by J_B
                      I really think the ancients main problem in not defeating the Wraith was they were just too advanced. The same scenario as the Asgard when they first enlisted the help of SG-1 in their battle with the replicators. No matter what they did, the better the tech they built the more advanced the reps became. Yet SG-1 with their dumber & primitive ideas worked because the reps hadn't even encounter it before. The same would go for the Wraith, The ancients seemed to be trying to build bigger & better tech like Warships, Weapons sats etc. Obviously the Wraith have become pretty good at what they do over the past 10,000 or more years. However the ancients would have really been their only enemy in Pegasus as the rest were referred to as defenseless human worlds. So the SGA team have a lot less tech disadvantage than the Ancients but although they don't also possess the same mental capacity as the ancients they are far more resourceful & crafty. The Wraith wouldn't have ever experienced things that has & will be done to them by the Atlantis team.
                      i agree but the wraith only want to no where earth is for there new feeding ground imagion thaat the wraith & repicators was allies they could wipe out ever living thing in the universe so bigger badder wepons is needed to be honest

Comment

is there even a headsucker in pegasus? what would be the point if u have atlantis right there.
                        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

There is no evidence that Sheppard is more advanced than Oneill. the main reason that Oneill had trouble getting the PJ in IT'S GOOD TO BE KING is because Carter had to repair it. though those with the gene are more advanced than about 99.9% of the galaxy they are still millions of years behind the Ancients in the evolutionary chain. It would kill Sheppard just like it would kill Oneill except that Sheppard might not have the Asgard to back him up.
                          Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

I agree bigger & more effective weapons are needed but I believe the answer will lie in Atlantis itself. It's just a matter of deciphering the Ancient database to get what they really need.

The census seem to be so far that Wraith ships aren't capable of travelling great distances otherwise I'm sure thousands of years ago when they were running out of food they would have sent others out in search of new feeding grounds. Although it could be they were just so slow in reaching Atlantis because they stopped at all those planets to restock on their human supplies. So I guess we'll really find out in S2 after The Siege III by seeing how long it takes them to send reinforcements.

Still they have learned that humans have caused them so much trouble in a relatively short period of time, So if they got the info they needed regarding the position of the MW from Atlantis. They aren't just going to pack up & go flying in gung ho. Especially since they know there are billions of them & having seen them operate ancient tech in Pegasus, they will most likely think they possess more back home. They can't defend against Drones or other Ancient weapons yet, Not to mention being unable to penetrate Atlantis' shield. Plus the cities engines. So I would say they will want far more than coordinates if they can get it. Although I'd like to see what a Drone can do to a Rep enhanced Hat'ak or Mother Ship. Nothing other than the Ancient weapon on Dakara can affect them, So I'd love to see what one of those would do to it.

Comment

It would have killed O'Neill and the same would happen to Sheppard. Not a good idea. Like others have said O'Neill had the Asgard to remove it from his brain. If there was one in the Pegasus galaxy (which I doubt) it would be suicide for anyone to use it. It might even be too much for a wraith.
                              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                              Individuality is freedom lived.
                              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Working...
                              X