l
e
r
s
h
e
r
e
Well, now that we have some early pictures from Season 8, there is no need to wait around for the July debut to start the squabbling over Teal'c hairdo - or more accurately, the fact he now HAS a hairdo after so many years sans follicles. So, what's it going to be, gaters: Teal'c's hair - Yea or Nay?

joshing123
June 3rd, 2004, 12:12 PM
Where's a picture of Teal'c with hair? I've seen one with CJ with hair, but not Teal'c.

Shipperahoy
June 3rd, 2004, 01:03 PM
I'm going to go the unpopular route and give it a great big YAY. I love it! And I really didn't think that I would. It seems from what I've read that most people aren't happy with it. The baldness factor seems to be a big part of what made Teal'c Teal'c for a lot of people and I thought that would be the case with myself also but I think he looks great. And younger.

elhSG1
June 3rd, 2004, 01:18 PM
Now that I've seen the picture of him with the hair, I have to admit it doesn't look that bad.

ShadowMaat
June 3rd, 2004, 01:21 PM
The hair looks interesting. Takes a lot of mental adjusting to get over the idea of Teal'c not being bald, though. ;)

priornavalperson
June 3rd, 2004, 01:26 PM
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
h
e
r
e
Well, now that we have some early pictures from Season 8, there is no need to wait around for the July debut to start the squabbling over Teal'c hairdo - or more accurately, the fact he now HAS a hairdo after so many years sans follicles. So, what's it going to be, gaters: Teal'c's hair - Yea or Nay?
Oh, the horror, the horror!;)

Teal'c
June 3rd, 2004, 01:38 PM
I'm going with Yay! I want a Teal'c avatar with hair! :P

Elwe Singollo
June 3rd, 2004, 01:39 PM
He looks different, but still Teal'c like :)

Torley
June 3rd, 2004, 02:24 PM
I'd like to see the hair for at least a few episodes. Maybe he's going through a phase and will shave it off later or grow it even longer... maybe into a long braided ponytail like in that one episode where Daniel Jackson enters an alternate reality...

Elwe Singollo
June 3rd, 2004, 02:28 PM
I would say 'nay' to a ponytail, haah...

petzke_42
June 3rd, 2004, 02:42 PM
It's not that I don't like it, it just doesn't seem right... :(

Elwe Singollo
June 3rd, 2004, 02:52 PM
:) i know how u feel.

Adamixoye
June 3rd, 2004, 03:36 PM
Can someone post a link? I've only seen CJ, not anything from S8...

Adamixoye
June 3rd, 2004, 03:43 PM
Found some pics. I liked CJ's braids/dreads, but I'm not so sure I'm crazy about the fuzz. He should stay bald or go with the braids.

Elwe Singollo
June 3rd, 2004, 04:06 PM
In my opinion, i rather have him bald, but since he won't be, i rather have him without braids.

pittsburghgirl
June 3rd, 2004, 04:14 PM
yay, but the emblem has to go.

meimei
June 3rd, 2004, 04:28 PM
I like the hair! It should stay! But I want the emblem too!

Elwe Singollo
June 3rd, 2004, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't mind him 'not' having the emblem, or whatever its called, but yes, he does look different with hair.

Anthro Girl
June 3rd, 2004, 07:50 PM
I'll go with YAY. I don't doubt that CJ is tired of shaving his head - he's as much said so before - so, good for him. It takes some getting used to in the pics, but I'm sure Teal'c won't start talking like CJ in real life. I do hope they address it somehow in the show.

Elwe Singollo
June 3rd, 2004, 07:56 PM
Mee too:)

Torley
June 3rd, 2004, 09:30 PM
Teal'c has shown interest in Tau'ri culture before -- perhaps this is an extension of this, like how Data wanted to experience emotion and artificially age in Star Trek. This is somewhat analogous to him feeling more comfortable at Earth, and I don't think it necessarily means he abandon his heritage. Quite the contrary, actually: he's adding onto the richness of the experiences he has already lived, and going further to live his life to the fullest.

Anubis
June 4th, 2004, 12:22 PM
The hair looks great. Good joing CJ

Bagpuss
June 4th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Don't mind if Teal'c has hair in any shape or form,nor do I care if he goes back to his previous Bald.........I like Teal'c anyway! ;)

Madeleine
June 4th, 2004, 01:29 PM
I'm another Yay. Teal'c couldn't possibly fail to look good.

bcmilco
June 4th, 2004, 01:37 PM
It's different (in a good way), but it will take some getting used to.

I'd like to see if they give a reason why he decided he wanted hair all of the sudden.

Especailly after "Holiday" where he seemed pretty sure he had to cut off Jack's hair if he was going to be staying in Jack's body for any length of time. :p

ShadowMaat
June 4th, 2004, 02:39 PM
I'd like to see if they give a reason why he decided he wanted hair all of the sudden.

Especailly after "Holiday" where he seemed pretty sure he had to cut off Jack's hair if he was going to be staying in Jack's body for any length of time. :p
Exactly. That's why I was so surprised at the announcement of the hair thing. I always assumed the baldness was an important statement about who Teal'c is, so I hope they aren't going to gyp us of an answer and do they old, "Don't ask" thing like they did with the chin growth. ;)

If he's gonna start growing hair, will it be much longer before he decides to get the tattoo removed? After all, he wouldn't be the first rebel Jaffa to do it. ;)

Bagpuss
June 4th, 2004, 03:03 PM
If Teal'c gets his Tattoo removed ,at least the writers could have him get it "removed by Cosmetic Surgeons" (not the Cosmetic Dept at the Studio!) ;)

Alas poor Rak'nor! He had to make do with Non-Taur'i methods..........

Torley
June 4th, 2004, 06:07 PM
I think it'll take more than Tau'ri cosmetic surgery to remove that gold out of Teal'c's forehead... chances are they'll have to consult the galaxy's expert on such a procedure -- a certain alien who is now helping his fellow Asgard look prettier and younger... Loki!!

Elwe Singollo
June 4th, 2004, 07:34 PM
I think it'll take more than Tau'ri cosmetic surgery to remove that gold out of Teal'c's forehead... chances are they'll have to consult the galaxy's expert on such a procedure -- a certain alien who is now helping his fellow Asgard look prettier and younger... Loki!!Haha, funny funny.

Kelso
June 4th, 2004, 07:35 PM
Well, I love it!

One big YAY from me!

Elwe Singollo
June 4th, 2004, 07:36 PM
I second that motion :)

Kelso
June 4th, 2004, 09:35 PM
I think that Teal'c's new hair, and the fact that he is moving off-base, are very important developments for the character. Throughout the series, he has been learning about human life, and becoming 'more human' as he goes along. Ordinarily, I hate when alien characters learn the value of humanity (blech!). But in Tealc's case, this is an important part of his character arc because the Tauri are the first humans that Teal'c met that have lived thier lives in freedom, without the Goa'uld oppression. Teal'c is learning valuable lessons about what it means to live as a free man, which he will hopefully teach to his people someday.

For Seven Seasons, we have watched Teal'c sample our entertainment and explore our world. In Season Eight, we will see him finally abandon two of the more prominant signs of his formerly rigid devotion to his militaristic approach to life (which he undoubtably learned in his service to the Goa'uld, and may still associate with them).

Some may feel that Teal'c is losing his alien-ness, but I think that is the point. While he may never become fully human, his exposure to us has certainly changed him over time. I think it will be nice to see Teal'c "let his hair down" and learn to live among the humans of the free world.

Elwe Singollo
June 4th, 2004, 09:38 PM
I think that Teal'c's new hair, and the fact that he is moving off-base are very important developments for the character. Throughout the series, he has been learning about human life, and becoming 'more human' as he goes along. This is important, because the Tauri are the first humans that Teal'c met that have lived thier lives in freedom, without the Goa'uld oppression. Teal'c is learning valuable lessons about what it means to live as a free man, which he will hopefully teach to his people someday.

In Season Eight, we will see Teal'c abandon two of the more prominant signs of his formerly rigid devotion to his militaristic approach to life... which he undoubtably learned in his service to the Goa'uld, and may still associate with them.

I think it will be nice to see Teal'c "let his hair down" and learn to live among the humans of the free world.I think its good character development, some people think its bad that theres an episode devoted to 'Teal'c moving offbase', but i love the idea.

Torley
June 4th, 2004, 10:05 PM
Yeah, it's ABOUT TIME we have an episode like that. He's deserved it! While I wouldn't like to see him acclimate too much to Tau'ri culture as his strangeness enriches the character, it is funny to hear him ask questions and make observations.

Elwe Singollo
June 4th, 2004, 10:19 PM
I WILL miss all the hats he wore throughtout the show off-base.

Torley
June 4th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Aw, I think the hats will come back... I liked the cowboy one and... what are some of the other ones called, I forget the technical names of hats.

Elwe Singollo
June 4th, 2004, 10:29 PM
The cowboy hat and suit was so funny!

petzke_42
June 4th, 2004, 11:58 PM
I wonder if he will have a Bachelor pad?? I'm sure once he "lets his hair down," as one of you put it, he will be quite the ladies man.

Iskandra
June 5th, 2004, 07:18 AM
Hey. it's definitely better than that stupid goatee thingie he had for a while...if it has to be hair, it should be on his head :D

nugglebugget
June 5th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Wow,they're finally letting "Teal'c" grow hair!Can "vocal chords" be too far behind?!:p :D

Anubis
June 5th, 2004, 08:31 AM
I have to agree. The goatee was awful. Thank goodness he did not keep it

Crazedwraith
June 5th, 2004, 09:01 AM
The only hair Tela'c should have is the hair evil alterate teal'c had in TBFTGOG! Now THAT would be cool.

Anubis
June 5th, 2004, 09:06 AM
I think that's a bit too long for me! lol Although a interesting thought

Adamixoye
June 5th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Would it be too off-topic to discuss the hair of the other team members?

Anubis
June 5th, 2004, 09:28 AM
My guess is that would go a bit too much off topic. However you could always start a new thread

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Hey. it's definitely better than that stupid goatee thingie he had for a while...if it has to be hair, it should be on his head :DYah, that thing was kind of weird, but i didn't mind, haha... :D

Iskandra
June 5th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Would it be too off-topic to discuss the hair of the other team members?
Oh, I could always go on about how much I loved Daniel's longer hair in the first two seasons....no, I'll be quiet alright. :cool:

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Oh, I could always go on about how much I loved Daniel's longer hair in the first two seasons....no, I'll be quiet alright. :cool:Ohh... His hair in the first two seasons... Although i didn't mind his hair, i like his current hair :)

GhostPoet
June 5th, 2004, 10:20 AM
He doesn't seem alien enough with hair...the more human-like he becomes..the less Teal'c he feels to me.

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 10:38 AM
I don't agree with that, but its your opinion, and everyone deserves one :)

Adamixoye
June 5th, 2004, 10:55 AM
Oh, I could always go on about how much I loved Daniel's longer hair in the first two seasons....no, I'll be quiet alright. :cool:
Yeah, I was thinking of a poll on Sam's hair. We'll see. (I vote beginning of S4.)

bcmilco
June 5th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Yeah, I was thinking of a poll on Sam's hair. We'll see. (I vote beginning of S4.)

We were discussing this on another thread.
I think you should start a poll. I vote s4.5 through s6 (short) :p (or if she wears the green cap ;))

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 11:20 AM
We were discussing this on another thread.
I think you should start a poll. I vote s4.5 through s6 (short) :p (or if she wears the green cap ;))I don't mind Sam's hair haha...

Otis
June 5th, 2004, 05:11 PM
I'm voting Nay on the hair for Teal'c. He looked sexier without.

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I can't judge him that way, haha... But i can understand you would say that ;)

Anthro Girl
June 6th, 2004, 02:22 AM
I got the idea (from a DVD commentary, I think) that the goatee was CJ's response to having to continue to shave his head. I imagine it gets tedious. He's not the only Jaffa to have hair, so it isn't a Jaffa-thing. Maybe it has something to do with fitting in in his new digs. Or maybe it has something to do with tretonin. I don't really care. I just hope they do address the reason for the new 'do somehow in the show...just once...that's all I ask. :D

Elwe Singollo
June 6th, 2004, 08:33 AM
I got the idea (from a DVD commentary, I think) that the goatee was CJ's response to having to continue to shave his head. I imagine it gets tedious. He's not the only Jaffa to have hair, so it isn't a Jaffa-thing. Maybe it has something to do with fitting in in his new digs. Or maybe it has something to do with tretonin. I don't really care. I just hope they do address the reason for the new 'do somehow in the show...just once...that's all I ask. :DI agree, they should really explain it. but its probably one of those small things.

Albion
June 29th, 2004, 02:59 AM
I'm sure I read a spoiler somewhere - and can't for the life of me think where now - that said the hair isn't mentioned by anyone until they get Jack out of the deep freeze and one of the first things Jack says is "What's with the hair?" I'm looking forward to seeing that if so - sounds funny. By that I'd imagine that New Order picks up from a few months further on from Lost City, so everyone but Jack has become used to the hair during the offscreen interim and has no need to comment on it. That last is only a guess though, but it seems to make sense.

As for the hair itself - well I'll confess I was one of those who went into terminal shock at this outrage when I heard the rumour. I think my initial reaction was something like, "Oh dear god, no. They can't do this to us!" <G> But, having seen the photos on Gateworld I surprised myself by thinking it looked pretty cool. So I'll give it a thumbsup too. And a yay for good measure. :D

Briefly, on Sam's hair - sometimes over the past seven seasons I've despaired of where that woman finds her hairdresser. The more severe styles make her look awful and aren't necessary, imo, even to account for the military regs. It doesn't have to be that short. So I was delighted to see the photos from New Order, as it seems she's back to something feminine but in keeping with the regs too.

Albion :)

Iskandra
June 29th, 2004, 04:38 AM
There don't seem to be strict rules anyway - if you look at Hailey, she's got looong hair....what I don't like about Sam's shorter hair is the bleached strands...it looks *so* 80s....

the dancer of spaz
June 29th, 2004, 10:00 PM
YEA for final season changes! If he had done it any other time before now, it wouldn't be as appreciated.

AbydosTraveller
June 29th, 2004, 10:59 PM
I dislike the hair for Teal'c. It's too... un-Teal'c. The goatee was a likeable stretch, but the hair is giong to annoy me.

And as for Sam's hair... I liked it when her double had long hair in PoV, but as for "our" Sam, the longish hair in s4 was good.

And I'm sorry, but Movie Daniel's hair was the best. (James Spader was a great Daniel... :D )

Jafana
June 29th, 2004, 11:12 PM
There don't seem to be strict rules anyway - if you look at Hailey, she's got looong hair....what I don't like about Sam's shorter hair is the bleached strands...it looks *so* 80s....

long hair is fine in the military as long as it's kept up - the regs are something like: must be off face, and no longer than an inch above the collar

so with long hair it must always be in a bun or a tucked up plait or something.

and i (in theory) love the idea of teal'c getting hair. its just yet another big change for SG-1. and this seems to be the season for changes.. yay

Elwe Singollo
June 29th, 2004, 11:38 PM
I dislike the hair for Teal'c. It's too... un-Teal'c. The goatee was a likeable stretch, but the hair is giong to annoy me.

And as for Sam's hair... I liked it when her double had long hair in PoV, but as for "our" Sam, the longish hair in s4 was good.

And I'm sorry, but Movie Daniel's hair was the best. (James Spader was a great Daniel... :D )Yah, i still haven't made up my mind about Teal'c s new hair, but i think i like it :)

Sam, her hair is good in any way she does it, but thats my opinion:), but i did like her with long hair.

And the part about Daniel's hair, i rather have his hair short, i wasn't a fan of his long hair, i was glad it was cut, but hey if u like it, i'm not bashing :)

tara3583
June 29th, 2004, 11:57 PM
I like the idea of Teal'c with hair although
it will take time to get used to it.
It's good that tptb are so willing to change
things it's good imho for a show to change
and evolve.
I did'nt like Sam's hair in s7, to me it looked
straw like, i liked it when Amanda had it cut
short.
Daniel looked better in the first seasons when
it made him more befuddald:)
As for Jack, well it's never been the hair that
made me sit and take notice:) it's his eyes!

Elwe Singollo
June 30th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Whats so bad about Daniel's current hair?

Nolamom
June 30th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Maybe having hair will help Teal'c loosen up? I'm not entirely certain yet, but I think I like it.

Having a shaved head couldn't be part of being first prime as other first primes have hair. Teal'c has been without Junior for some time now, could that be why it's okay to have hair now?

Kaloo
June 30th, 2004, 09:38 AM
It used to be part of first prime, but once teal'c left he decided that hair was the reason teal'c left... Yah... that's right.

I like haired teal'c

gate traveler
July 4th, 2004, 04:44 PM
YAY for hair!

JDakkon
July 4th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Well before I say yay or nay. I am going on a small rant and show you a IM conversation I had with a friend of mine discussing about Teal'c and the new hair, it may make a few people here chuckle:

Me: Teal'c is going to have hair in Season 8
My Friend: O_O
Me: What?
My Friend: His power will increase ten fold!
Me: LOL

I show him the pic of Teal'c with hair.

My Friend: O_O
Me: What?
My Friend: Teal'c with hair...it SCAREY!!!

Now do not get us wrong, we are huge Teal'c fans; we love the character, but after watching Window of Opportunity for the first time, we have always though Teal'c would one day snap and go on a neck snapping rampage on the SGC. For some of you, this kind of though of Teal'c going on a rampage has runned across some of your minds...or maybe we are both just insane. OK rant done.

I have to say YAY on the hair, its a nice character image change on Teal'c and helps him fit in more with the people of Earth. But I will say one thing, Jack is going to say something to Teal'c about the hair somewhere in season 8.

Filipino
January 9th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Teal'c with hair is kinda ok. At least he looks like a human as compared to before where in he wore makeup (goa'uld related?), had a finger of hair and thicker hair-based eyebrows.

Teal'c doesn't look like Teal'c of yore.

MissMonk
January 11th, 2005, 05:56 PM
i didn't like it at first, but it grows on you. change is good i suppose. Hey, at least he hasn't dyed it blond or red or something..er..yet..*looks around* forget i said that.

Fox McCloud
January 12th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Whoa old thread.

HAve you noticed how Teal'c doesnt ..pronounce his jaw like he used too in the early seasons ?

jckfan55
January 12th, 2005, 01:06 PM
It took a bit of getting used to, but now I like his hair fine. Not spelling out why he grew his hair leaves it open to fan interpretation. I'm inclined to think it's part of his becoming more comfortable on earth.

Oma Desala
January 12th, 2005, 02:54 PM
It doesn't matter to me if he has hair or not. He continues to be my favorite person on SG-1 with his monotone voice, and Jaffa fighting skillz! :)