This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why The Simpsons references?

As you know, there are numerous references to The Simpsons in Stargate-SG1... some of these references are downright disproportional and almost seem like a type of oral product placement -- such as in "The Lost City (Part 1)"! Now, at the risk of getting into a chicken-and-egg cycle, how did all of this start?

Was Richard Dean Anderson a fan of The Simpsons to begin with? Or, is this a wink and a nod way to thank The Simpsons for Patty & Selma's RDA obsession? Or does it originate from somewhere else entirely? The "Burns as Goa'uld" conversation had me laughing SO much, it was one of those slightly surreal conversations like those found in Quentin Tarantino movies that *really* makes ya think. Ya think??

So, what's the story behind this?
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

many members of the cast and crew, including RDA and AT are fans of the show. hence the refrences
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Because the Simpsons are awesome.
      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

there's actually a thread somewhere around here discussing the possiblity of a sg1/simpsons crossover.

that would be very cool.

simpGate SG-1

Yay

Comment

I saw some of those simpGate SG-1 screen shots, those were very well-drawn and true to form! Who did them? Kudos to whoever did as I really, really enjoyed them... they made me laugh so hard.
          Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
          more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Plus I think with RDA having a huge part (not an innuendo), it'd be wrong for him not to mention the Simpsons, after all the MacGuyver references made by Patti and Selma... Now where was I? Ahh yes! You place the donut *infront* of the coathanger to make a small Naquidah reactor...

Comment

RDA will be in the simpsons soon
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                RDA will be in the simpsons soon
                are you certain?

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Heru'urs_first_prime
                  are you certain?
                  http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...ronithes.shtml

Comment

ok, thanks

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Originally posted by Heru'urs_first_prime
                      are you certain?
                      Yes
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Any idea what ep number of a more precise time?

Comment

See this Any date on RDA's guest appearance on The Simpsons?
                          love Torri

Comment

Simpson's is the best in the world......who wouldn't want to use references in there show.....and it's just funny.
                            Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

They also make alot of Star Wars references. I like all references.
                              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
                              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
                              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
                              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
                              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
                              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
                              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

Working...
                              X