X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Keeps the Daedalus!!!!!

As seen in the Ask Marting Gero thread, he said
    Originally posted by MartinGero

So, first question RE: the Asgard and Atlantis. Don’t want to give too much away, but let me say this…the Daedalus is perhaps the most advanced vessel the Air Force has ever built. We sure could use, say: a full time crew member who would ensure we’re using it to its maximum potential…if you get what I mean.
    Which also suggests that the Asgard on Atlantis will be a crew member of the Daedalus!!!!

this also means that the daedalus will be able to give the wraith a good beating and i wasnt backing it in vain

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

That's good. I would hate if the whole Daedelus thing was just a plot device to save Atlantis and then get destroyed so they're back to square one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
        That's good. I would hate if the whole Daedelus thing was just a plot device to save Atlantis and then get destroyed so they're back to square one.
        It's nice to have at least one other ship that doesn't die on its first outing, and maybe we'll actually see an Earth ship do something. I mean, Prometheus mostly took hits and took on gliders in "Lost City Part 2", and I want to see a capital ship go one on one (or two) with another big ship.

Comment

thats great news, i spupose it makes sense, to have an asgard engineer sevicing the highly advance weapons, engine and shields in exchange for a tour of the greatest city ever built, i say tour, atlantis is still our trump card, dont give too much away. Its our were keeping it we have a ZPM and a shield and were not affraid to blow the crap out of you! but seriuosly YES!
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Logically if the Daedalus is staying at Atlantis earth must have something better in production. It doesn’t make sense for earth’s premier ship to be permanently guarding what amounts to a small remote outpost….
            Unless SGC feels the benefits outweigh the potential loss…

Comment

Originally posted by dd78matt
              As seen in the Ask Marting Gero thread, he said

Which also suggests that the Asgard on Atlantis will be a crew member of the Daedalus!!!!
              I dont see how this suggests the daedalus will stay. Although i personally belive it will. I dont think this response says anything about it staying in atlantis. Personally...i think the writers should keep the asgard out of it. Sure one crew member is ok...but anymore than that...and the tau'ri are just relying on big bad asgard again instead of fending for ourselves.
              Official F.O.R.D. Website

President (Ret.) and Founder
              The Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
              (F.O.R.D.)

Comment

Personally, I think that the Asgard wouldn't send a science officer, although I'm certain that they'd relish the opportunity to get their hands on more Ancient tech. That would mean two things: 1) innovation, which they aren't known for, and 2) having to give away more Asgardian tech than they want to right now (note that Prometheus doesn't have Asgardian weapons) in case of a real pinch.

Given that, and the fact that he remarked at the question-asker's sig (which featured Carter), I think that they'd be sending Carter or another Earth scientist. Probably not Carter herself, because that would mean seeing her on-camera, and while that would explain her absence from SG-1, AT still wouldn't be available.

Of course, there is one more option, which comes about by a different meaning of "ensure we’re using it to its maximum potential": a political officer or an equivalent. *shudders* I hope that isn't it, I really do.

Comment

But don't the Asgard deserve to get their hands on some Ancient tech?? I mean they were part of the Alliance, so that has to mean something. Another thing has crossed my mind; for all of us that watch sg-1 on a regular basis, we know who and what the Asgard are all about. But what about the people who just watch Atlantis??
                  "And what would humans be without love?"
                  "RARE," said Death.
                  --Discworld

[Oglethorpe has built a copy of the stargate]
                  Emory: Isn't that the Starga--
                  Oglethorpe: No! It's the Fargate! It is not some other kind of gate from a movie or TV show that I've ever seen! Notice that it has a wheelchair and a pink mohawk? We're not getting sued!
                  Emory: But--
                  Oglethorpe: No, it's a Fargate! From the makers of Thindependence Day!
                  --Aqua Teen Hunger Force

Comment

Originally posted by Vega
                    But don't the Asgard deserve to get their hands on some Ancient tech?? I mean they were part of the Alliance, so that has to mean something. Another thing has crossed my mind; for all of us that watch sg-1 on a regular basis, we know who and what the Asgard are all about. But what about the people who just watch Atlantis??
                    they will just be introduced as allies of earth.
                    Official F.O.R.D. Website

President (Ret.) and Founder
                    The Fellowship of Rainbow Defenders
                    (F.O.R.D.)

Comment

that's good, As i was afraid all we would see was PJ's.....

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
                        Logically if the Daedalus is staying at Atlantis earth must have something better in production. It doesn’t make sense for earth’s premier ship to be permanently guarding what amounts to a small remote outpost….
                        The Goa'uld are toast and they still have Prometheus. The Wraith are pretty much the number one threat to Earth as of The Siege II

Comment

The Asgard's brain would explode after being exposed to so much primitive technology. Plus he would eat up all the ice cream since Asgard food sucks.

Comment

You're joking! Those little pieces of lego are delicious!

Star Trek Reborn

Comment

Originally posted by sarge
                              Well, they felt Atlantis was worth sacrificing the "original" ZPM that O'Neill got in "Lost City", and was expended (nearly fully) in "Rising", at least according to "Zero Hour". So I think they'd be willing to risk Daedulus, for at least a while, given that there are fewer Gouald about (as someone else mentioned), although I don't see them as a "done" threat.

Comment

Working...
                              X