Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where are the sea creatures of atlantis and what else is on the planet.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where are the sea creatures of atlantis and what else is on the planet.

the entire planet is all but covered with water and we havent seen one under water creature. no aguatic mamels, fish, preditors nothing. is the planet void of live? did the anchients teraform the planet to there own likeing? using the water as a form of protection? what other citys, ships, labs, and outposts could there be under the water ( why put all your eggs in one basket). atlantis could be a base of operation while a nother residental city with better living courters, entertainment, and cultural things like art, poetry and music are kept. atlantis could be like chian mountain ( i cant spell worth crap) with metrapolitan citys else were, were civilians would live.

well ever since rising i have this wacky idea that when the city rose/ sank it trapped/unleashed/ unearthed this cavern where a sea creature was trapped/gaurding ancient tech from the wraith, sort of like a cerbeus of the ancients!, basicly the city is the base but there is another area beneth the seas that used to be part of the teleporter system til the city rosethen i got, disconected, nxt seasong they see a scroll down button and it all some to light - the ancients hid alot of their tech in a secret cavern ( the stuff u cant fit though the gate), for example ships, big honkin space guns!, also those who didnt want to leave got suspended down their, powered by the all important ZPM, dilema is:
    the ancients who didnt leave wake up after shep goes down and activates etc, they demand atlantis be returned to them, they said they will leave but only if they can take the ZPM with them! another brotherhood incident, they come to a comprimise, they can have all our naquada reactor, and we get the ZPM,btu they also take the ship, the aurora, newly discover and as yet unpowered. this is rambling but id love a story like this.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

well its possible that the Ancients terraformed the planet to their liking, but if they didnt just because we havent seen any animals doesnt mean they arent there. the expedition has been a little preoccupied with finding a way to save the city and themselves from the wraith. they just havent had time to go fishing. that being said, in "Poisoning the Well" sheppard said that he tried to get steve to eat "all sorts of living things" and since im pretty sure the team didnt bring livestock with them, he had to get the living things from somewhere. probably some fish, or fish equivelant and there are probably lots of critters on the main land as well. like i said, remember just because we havent seen them doesnt mean they arent there. look at sg-1. in 8 seasons we have actually seen very few animals when you consider how many episodes and how many planets we have visited.

also i like the idea of a creature being released by atlantis' rising. maybe something engineered by the ancients or something.

Comment

Why wouldn't they go fishing? I mean, let's assume that the food that they brought with them is limited. If so, then they have to get food from other sources. The people on the mainland can supply some, but where do you get the rest?

I assume that Weir already ordered some of the expedition to find ways to obtain food, just as they'd find places to sleep, bathrooms, etc.

Droops

Comment

i remembered it now, the leviathon, that the metalic robot thing thats said to gaurd the location of seas greatest treasure, thats what it could be, and it would add a new twist to the atlantis mythology.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Droops
            Why wouldn't they go fishing? I mean, let's assume that the food that they brought with them is limited. If so, then they have to get food from other sources. The people on the mainland can supply some, but where do you get the rest?

I assume that Weir already ordered some of the expedition to find ways to obtain food, just as they'd find places to sleep, bathrooms, etc.

Droops
            they cant just catch alien fish or fish equivelants and cook them up and eat them. they have to study and analyze them to see if they are safe to eat and that takes time and resources that could be spent searching for a ZPM or other way to save themselves from the wraith. they dont need to fish for food, they brought several months worth of food with them, and they have said that the athosians would be able to grow enough food to suplement their food needs and extend the supplies they brought with them, PLUS they have begun making agreements with other human settlements off world for food, thats what they were intending with the Genii, and is has been mentioned that other teams have managed to make arangements with other settlements that Teyla's people traded with. They dont NEED to fish. when they are more secure and have the time, they will get around to fishing.

Comment

do you think they brung rods?
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                do you think they brung rods?
                Standard Air Force Survival gear

Comment

Hmmm, Maybe they could have an episode called Quagmire where the team finds themselves trapped in an underwater vessal while they had been investigating the waters below -- they are attacked by something and return to the surface. Sometime later, they realize that some sort of creepy aquatic mammal has infiltrated Atlantis and is hungry. Why - it's just discovered the best new thing on the menu! Humans!! Bullets prove useless as the critter can regenerate itself and anyone who touches it becomes infected by some kind of nano-nerve stimulant which activates unused areas of the brain. It causes the infected person(s) to try to kill themselves. The critter (called Nessie ) is finally killed (let's give Ford or Teyla a moment in the sun and be the savior) and everyone heaves a collective sigh of relief.

... However - the creatures had spawned before they killed it which means - more mini Nessie's!!

Ach, they'll write that -- in an AU. *siiiggh*

IGNORE THIS.
                  Spoiler:
                  PLEASE PTB! HEAR MY PLEA! NESSIE! NESSIE! NESSIE! NESSIE! NESSIE!!
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

I don't believe that there will be any creatures on that planet. Ancients went to the Pegasus Galaxy to seed life were it appeared that there wasn't, I don't see any need to stick some fish in the ocean.

Owen Macri

Comment

if the anceints sunk the city, they would of put some other counter measure besided the shield, to stop the wraith getting to the city, a leviathon, the fabled gaurdian of the city, could be a sentinal, that been hibernating, on wakes up once a year for example.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                        I don't believe that there will be any creatures on that planet. Ancients went to the Pegasus Galaxy to seed life were it appeared that there wasn't, I don't see any need to stick some fish in the ocean.

Owen Macri
                        Actualy, in the original promo shot there WERE fish in the background.

"There's a very fine line between not listening, and not careing. I like to think I walk that line everyday of my life."

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri

Owen Macri
                          they didnt detect any higher forms of life which is why they seeded human life, we know for a fact that there was animal life on planets in pegasus because the bugs that were the wraiths ancestors were there already.

Comment

it would be funny if they were fishing and they caught primitive goauld

OMG THE ANCIENTS HAD SOMETHING TO DO IN THEIR EVOLUTION!!!

Comment

the leviathon is also mentioned in the bible, its amazing how all the myths of different cultures have similar stories and creatures, and i love how stargate playes off of them

Comment

Working...
                              X