X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Need Beta Testers

Hiya!

I'm working on a little project I've been working on called Emulation Station. For anyone who plays ROMs on their systems, please, read on!

It initially started off with me changing my mind between playing Mario and Sonic, having to exit one emulator, restart a new one, look for the ROM, and play, then when I've finished exit the emulator, start a new one, look for the ROM etc etc, so I've designed a little program to make life a bit easier.

You have a list of systems on the left, a filebox in the middle, and a [Go] button on the right. You click the system you want and a list of games pops up in the file-box, you then choose the game you want and click [Go] and your game starts. When you quit the game you're returned to the selection screen - click another system, click another game, hit [Go] and you're away.

(top = beta bottom = full version in development)

I hope to be releasing it online sometime in the near future for free download, but I have a BETA version for testing that supports NES, GB, SNES, and GBA. The full version will support NES, GB, SNES, N64, GBA, Master System, Game Gear, Genesis, Playstation.

This Is Where You Come In
    I'm looking for anyone willing to beta test the program for me - all I would like you to do is to try it out, and tell me what you think, what you enjoy about it, what you would change, what you would get rid of etc etc. It's only a personal project so I'm not under any timelimits or deadlines, it's just something I want to develop for the good of greater emulation.

As I'm not going to be making a profit myself I can't pay you for your participation, but I will give you the FULL version of the software the second I complete it - before anyone else will get their hands on it.

If you wish to take part then post here saying you'd like to take part and I'll contact you with the download details. Alternatively if you have any questions feel free to post - I'll answer everything!

Many thanks in advance!

Hey, that is a really cool idea. Emulation rules. I used to play it ALL the time, haven't played for a long while, but it still rules.
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I'll get you some of my girlfriends bacon if you beta test!

Comment

I like bacon.
        "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

how was the bacon?

Comment

Working...
          X