PDA

View Full Version : Origin of humans in Atlantis

honzix
June 3rd, 2004, 08:27 AM
I was just thinking about the people in Pegasus galaxy. I understand that that most of them are humans.But how there were brought there? I mean in our galaxy the Goa´uld enslaved the people of Earth and transported them to many planets in our galaxy.But who brought humans to the Pegasus galaxy?The Goa´uld?The Ancients? What do you think about that?

shockwave
June 3rd, 2004, 08:43 AM
Maybe the Wraith brought them there, to harvest them or their descendants later

Wass
June 3rd, 2004, 09:36 AM
I read some where that ancients were the ancestors of the humans in Pegasus galaxy.

David85
June 3rd, 2004, 09:38 AM
I read some where that ancients were the ancestors of the humans in Pegasus galaxy.

I think that's how they are going to explain it.

SGSlugger
June 4th, 2004, 12:43 PM
I read somewhere that the Wraith somehow brought them there to feed off them.

So now, if they are descendants of the Ancients, does that mean that they all have that gene to operate Ancient technology?

Mio
June 4th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Probably most of them.

I'm sure there are probably cases where some don't have the gene after all this time.

Anubis
June 5th, 2004, 01:25 AM
The Wraith brought them along so they could feed of them. They need energy from humans as their food. How strange

SGSlugger
June 5th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Just throwing a thought out now:

If the Wraith brought humans there, where did they get them from? From Earth? If so, then why did they leave Earth behind? Did the spurge of Goolds force them to rethink it, or did the Ancients drive them out?

Mio
June 5th, 2004, 12:21 PM
I'd like to hope that Atlantis was a good enough planetary defense mechanism to keep the wraith away from earth.

SGSlugger
June 5th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Yeah, but it's gone now. :p

Mr Prophet
June 5th, 2004, 12:57 PM
I suppoes it's possible that the 'humans' in the Pegasus galaxy are the results of the same genetic tinkering that created the Tau'ri in the Ancients' image.

Teal'c
June 6th, 2004, 06:44 AM
The humans in the Pegasus Galaxy are descendants of the Ancients, and the Wraith keep them alive to feed on them.

Torley
June 6th, 2004, 09:35 AM
They need energy from humans as their food. How strange

Why does this sound familiar? Oh yeah, The Matrix... and we know where this will lead... the Stargate Atlantis crew liberating humans from every place they go. :P When will those malicious alien races learn to make their own energy sources creatively, so they don't fall under the persistent foot of humankind like this? I'm convinced all those aliens should have got brochures in the mail detailing them NOT to mess with the Tau'ri . . . I can see it now, a few seasons down the line, the Wraith will be squealing and running in panic 'cause they miss their "batteries" while the humans storm their playground -- and they have to introduce a new enemy! ;)

David85
June 6th, 2004, 10:02 AM
They could not have come from Earth because the writers were talking about how the Wraith have found out about a new area to feed on. They also sleep for 200 years and we somehow woke them up, so the writers at any time they want could just make them go back to bed.

Mr Prophet
June 6th, 2004, 10:03 AM
The humans in the Pegasus Galaxy are descendants of the Ancients, and the Wraith keep them alive to feed on them.

Is this a known fact or simply a persistent speculation, Teal'c? I haven't seen anything to definitely support it, but then I'm not the most active fan in fandom.

SGSlugger
June 6th, 2004, 02:19 PM
I thought that it was just speculation? I've not read all the spoilers or reports (trying to stay relatively in the dark), but I thought that they haven't shed any light on to how the humans actually got there.

Mio
June 6th, 2004, 03:32 PM
I'm pretty sure it's mentioned somewhere.

KorbenDirewolf
June 6th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Do you have any idea where? I've been looking around but cannot seem to find anything about the origin. Or really anything that says they're human.

SGSlugger
June 9th, 2004, 11:20 AM
They look human. I think in a press release somewhere online it mentioned that they were human.

Teal'c
June 10th, 2004, 12:35 PM
From GateWorld:

The inhabitants of the world featured in this episode -- apparently a different world than the one where Atlantis is located, the show's home base -- were once advanced, but when the Wraith attack happened, they where decimated. These are Teyla's people, and they fear to return to the great city their ancestors once inhabited, believing that the Wraith will return. They now live in a primitive state, at least by appearances, but still possess some high-level technology and the knowledge of how to use it. They do not allow themselves to become too advanced, because every few hundred years the Wraith return to "cull their human herd." They believe that if they advance to their previous level, the Wraith will annihilate them completely.

How else did HUMANS get there unless their advanced ancestors were the Ancients, who were human.

Mr Prophet
June 10th, 2004, 02:03 PM
How else did HUMANS get there unless their advanced ancestors were the Ancients, who were human.

Club 18-30?

It's still speculation that these humans are direct descendents of the Ancients. I admit that the balance of evidence is in favour, but as near as I can make out from the episode spoilers, the Pegasus Galaxy is full to bursting with human and humanoid races of varying degrees of technological development. Are they all descended from the Ancients?

How did humans get there? Humans are the dominant xenoform of the Stargate universe - presumably for budgetary reasons - and have demonstrably evolved at least twice; perhaps independently, perhaps not.

Darren
June 10th, 2004, 08:40 PM
The Ancients have "seeded" the Pegasus galaxy with humans, according to Brad Wright and Robert Cooper. It was basically a giant "science experiment," which went horribly wrong when the Wraith came along.

ShadowMaat
June 10th, 2004, 08:51 PM
So what's the deal with these so-called superior races dumping humanity all willy nilly over the universe? The Goa'uld, the Ancients... sheesh. Ya think the Ancients at least bothered to ASK if folks wanted to be moved before they hauled them away from everything they knew and dumped them on some alien world billions of lightyears from home?

Darren
June 10th, 2004, 08:55 PM
I don't think the Ancients abducted people and hauled them around the galaxy, like the Goa'uld. They actually caused human live to evolve on these worlds (is my guess), like the Preservers in Star Trek.

Because they were originally human, it seems to me to be a measure of preserving their kind.

Mr Prophet
June 11th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Except that we're not their kind. I mean, if we found a way to 'evolve' pigs into human form and they got as smart as us, do you think we'd be rushing to award them full human rights?

I think I'd see it more as a kind of evolutionary psychological - or possibly even theological - experiment. If the Ancients went to Galaxy X (what we now call the Pegasus galaxy), indigenous intelligent lifeforms nil, and seeded various worlds with a genetic manipulator that would slowly guide evolution towards a humanoid form, would the resultant lifeforms be as inteligent as the Ancients themselves? Would they have the Ancient equivalent of a soul? How would they develop socially under different conditions and with different base species?

SGSlugger
June 11th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Perhaps that was part of the "science expirement" they were conducting? If you ask me that sounds a little too close to Star Trek for my liking. It would be better off if they were colonies of the Ancients or evolved naturally.

Anubis
June 11th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Darren, you really do have some interesting thoughts

Teal'c
June 16th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Darren, you really do have some interesting thoughts
Thoughts? The creators of the show TOLD HIM that! :P

Anyway, causing a race to evolve would have problems, natural selection and other differences could cause them to change or not evolve at all... but it makes more sense than humans evolving on all of those planets by accident :P