This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatworld's fanfic search

Just to let folks know, the search engine for the gateworld archive seems to be broken.

Unfortunatly, the only one who can fix it is Darren, who was off at the con this weekend (and presumably still on his way back)

so i'm afraid folks will just have to bear with it and suffer through.

Thanks so much for all the folks who have let us know about the problem, and i know it'll get fixed just as soon as it can
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

one thing you can do, which is a stop gap measure:

every time a fic is posted to gateworld, an announcement is sent to the members of this yahoo group
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/gateworldfanfic/

the archive has records of all the announcements that have been posted. You can do a rudimentary search in the message archive, such as searching for specific words in messages

the messages are also dated, so you can find fic that was archived on a specific day

It's not perfect, and nowhere near as good as the real search engine, however it could be a way to know what fic are new

And even after the search engine is fixed, hey, you get a nice e-mail every time someone uploads a new fic. How better to keep track of the latest additions to gateworld's archive?

sigpic

Comment

Just an update, Darren is still working on the search engine issue. It looks like a vital file, the one the search pulls its info from, has gone kablooey (yes, that's a technical term)

He's working on a fix but it may not be an easy one.

Worst case scenario, we may have to delete and re-upload all the effected fic. The stories are still there, the search engine just can't SEE them.

As soon as Darren makes sure that his fix is a good one, then we'll work on letting folks know what to do to restore the visibility of the fic

Until then, i'm sorry to say, we're still in a holding pattern

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X