This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pics of Ancient Scanner

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but what that the heck.
    Post pics of the Ancient Scanner or add links
    Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 18 January 2006, 07:11 PM.
    sigpic

I’m not sure what your asking but if your wondering what the purpose of it is it detects the wraith by showing the dots on the scanner.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

No I think that we are supposed to post pictures of the Ancient Life Signs Detector.

Owen Macri

Comment

You know, currently we backwards humans have video cameras in stores, street corners, elevators, on the back of vehicles, in fake eye glasses, small cell phones and small enough to enter the human body. I'd think video of the city's corridors would be highly useful not just for surveillance but for detecting problems. Shouldn't the millions of years wise ancients have had something similar?

I find this scanner a little deficient in that it doesn't seem to offer a view of anything but faceless little dots, which while nice is limited. And if I remember correctly it doesn't differentiate between human and Wraith (of course that could be because they don't know how to use it to the fullest).

Wouldn't it offer a tactical advantage to be able to zoom in and actually see video of intruders. That way you'd know what they were up to before you went after them?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I agree you would think that the most powerful race that we have ever known would have somekind of audio-visual recording device.

Owen Macri

Comment

perhaps but the ancients were like 1 big family y wud they need them for unless they were purposly gonna allow ppl in the city that were gonna cause harm or destruction like thw wraith no 1 could get in ne way because of the shield
            "only two things are infinate the universe and human stupidity and im not sure about the universe"

-albert einstein

Comment

That is true, but then the usefulness and purpose of several other pieces of technology could be questioned as well. Such as the life signs detector that is built into Atlantis, if they were one big family and no one could get in, then why did they need this piece of technology. Remeber it can't diferentiate between individual people, and at that point in time Atlantis was fully populated, so if you are going to say, incase they needed to find someone that reason would not be plausible.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                You know, currently we backwards humans have video cameras in stores, street corners, elevators, on the back of vehicles, in fake eye glasses, small cell phones and small enough to enter the human body. I'd think video of the city's corridors would be highly useful not just for surveillance but for detecting problems. Shouldn't the millions of years wise ancients have had something similar?

I find this scanner a little deficient in that it doesn't seem to offer a view of anything but faceless little dots, which while nice is limited. And if I remember correctly it doesn't differentiate between human and Wraith (of course that could be because they don't know how to use it to the fullest).

Wouldn't it offer a tactical advantage to be able to zoom in and actually see video of intruders. That way you'd know what they were up to before you went after them?
                How could the device zoom in and see someone? That would be near impossible. It would have to see through walls and such.

Comment

That is not outside the ancients realm of capability.

Owen Macri

Comment

How could it be done?

Comment

Phase-shifting. For one thing.

Comment

They could have invisible flying cameras that will fly to were ever you want them.

Owen Macri

Comment

that is a little out there

Comment

Oh ya

Comment

but they could have it

Comment

Working...
                              X