X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Real Goa'uld Invasion?

http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/2310.asp#obvious

This story is very intriguing, it sounds ALOT like a cover story that could have been used to cover the battle over the ancient outpost in Lost City. It has been stated that Stargate SG-1 could be a government cover story for whats really happening... coincidence?

Check the headlines page of this "publication" and you'll see that it is probably somewhere on a par with the National Enquirer.

Remember, aliens have Elvis.

Comment

Deffo sounds interesting and like the Lost City Cover Up

There are also reports that someone is manipulating the earth’s weather systems in a massive scale. Are American and Russians jointly fighting them?
      That sounds like its from the movie Flash Gordon ;-)

Comment

I believe that the India Dailey is pretty reliable. Glenn Beck's website is where I got this from. He uses reliable sources for his Page 2 News site. I think they did do wargames, but there is some mystery as to why they did it un-announced and it's a BIG coincidence...

I dunno, but as a fanatical fan of SG, I'm reaching, but still, it's funny and cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Sheppard
          I believe that the India Dailey is pretty reliable.
          Reliable?

Consdier one of today's headlines:

Evidence of extraterrestrial UFOs controlling tectonic movements, earthquakes and Tsunamis through electromagnetic flux
          Staff Reporter

Here's the link: http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/2348.asp

Clearly we have different defintions of the word reliable. To call this publication reliable is to call Maury Povich a serious journalist.

Glenn Beck's website is where I got this from. He uses reliable sources for his Page 2 News site. I think they did do wargames, but there is some mystery as to why they did it un-announced and it's a BIG coincidence...

I dunno, but as a fanatical fan of SG, I'm reaching, but still, it's funny and cool.
          I'll give you funny. I might even give you cool.

But reliable? I wouldn't take that paper seriously if they told me rain was wet.

Comment

Just because they do reports on somethings that you find un-believable, and about theories, etc. doesn't mean they aren't reliable, look at some of the other stories they have. Yes, they do add opinion and talk about some (pardon the pun) out of the world ideas, but they are reliable on other stories. Notice that in the original story, they didn't say that the alien invasion was FACT, they gave their idea of what this could mean. Granted that isn't really a good idea for a reporting agency to do, but it was their IDEA of what could happen, the national enquirer reports it as fact (I should know, my mom used to get them all the time). They do not. And if they do, they report it as a theory some one ELSE says, as in the article you pointed out. They were reporting what geologists and physicists pointed out. In the article I mentioned, they QUESTIONED the idea of a UFO invasion, they didn't say "And in other news, it is an undeniable FACT that UFO's invaded. Infact, they killed Bill Clinton... yup, Bill Clinton is dead... because UFOs invaded... In the Artic... and NO, we did NOT get this from Stargate..."

Now, to clarify, I'm not guaranteeing the authenticity of the India Daily, BUT, they do not claim celebrities are being abducted by Elvis Aliens.

Comment

Just because they do reports on somethings that you find un-believable, and about theories, etc. doesn't mean they aren't reliable, look at some of the other stories they have.
              That's what I just did... and what did I find as a front page story?

UFO's as an explanation for tectonic abnormalities. Appealling to UFO's to explain tectonics is about as primitive as appealling to volcano gods... it is packaging sensationalism as science.

And yes, it does mean they are unreliable. But hey, if you want to base your understanding of tectonics on little green (or grey) men, be my guest.

Yes, they do add opinion and talk about some (pardon the pun) out of the world ideas, but they are reliable on other stories. Notice that in the original story, they didn't say that the alien invasion was FACT, they gave their idea of what this could mean. Granted that isn't really a good idea for a reporting agency to do, but it was their IDEA of what could happen, the national enquirer reports it as fact (I should know, my mom used to get them all the time). They do not. And if they do, they report it as a theory some one ELSE says, as in the article you pointed out.
              Wonderful. So reporting on the half baked theories of schizophrenics would also be reliable because it is reporting what OTHER people said?

Reporting the theories of holocaust deniers, for example, would be acceptable because it is waht other people said?

Sorry, that doesn't wash.

They were reporting what geologists and physicists pointed out. In the article I mentioned, they QUESTIONED the idea of a UFO invasion, they didn't say "And in other news, it is an undeniable FACT that UFO's invaded. Infact, they killed Bill Clinton... yup, Bill Clinton is dead... because UFOs invaded... In the Artic... and NO, we did NOT get this from Stargate..."
              Hmmm... so they could equallly question whether a mythic hero riding a divine monkey was responsible? The question is inane and inflammatory in and of itself. I could equally quesiton if it was a super secret plot by Hitler's clone. Is that reliable? Of course not.

Now, to clarify, I'm not guaranteeing the authenticity of the India Daily, BUT, they do not claim celebrities are being abducted by Elvis Aliens.
              Never said they did.

You did claim it is reliable.

To my eyes, your claim only proves you aren't reliable either!

Comment

well let's see where I can start, because from your arguments I have ALOT of material...

First off, when I was at their homepage, I didn't automatically see "UFOs are screwing up the EARTH!!" as their main story. I found info about cino-russo relations and various world events. Now they do have reports from scientists who have included UFOs as variables in some of their theories. However, whether they are schizo, I dunno, but hey, Howard Hughes was OCD, and he was extremely intelligent.

Secondly, you compared the India Daily to the National Enquirer. The Enquirer is infamous for taking a little bit of fact and trying to make it seem completely true. But to be accurate, the NE is mostly about celebrities, the Sun I believe is the one that is about elvis impersonating big-foot aliens in texas truck drivers freezers. The Daily gives good reports on what they find. Now, something YOU didn't realize, that (in your infinite intellect) I thought you would have, is BOTH articles that were mentioned were both editorials, as in something the editor finds interesting and decides to write about. Now, is it the fact that the editor decided to write about UFOs hurts it's credibility? I mean, a month ago, NBC had a documentary on UFO reports, does that make then un-credible? Just because the editor wanted to write about it, because it IS interesting, doesn't mean they are pulling this out of their @$$.

Thirdly, I said I believe they are reliable, but I didn't not say I can guarantee/authenticate their stories.

Fourthly, the India Daily, and anyone, can question certain details, for all we know a Divine hero might have ridden in on a super monkey or whatever, but that is so far out there. The idea of aliens invading has been thrown around VERY often, and if you have a little faith in ET life, then you think, hm, cool...

Fifthly, people like geologists and Physicists are considered more credible then holocaust deniers, mostly because they present facts behind their reports. If we can't listen to people who have an actual education on what they are talking about, then lets stop having schools. Now, if they did report on holocaust deniers, Elvis-impersonators, vampire-born freak-boys, or anything like that, I would be the first to agree with you.

Now, I'm not a gullible person, I deal with reason. I believe in ET life, because if we think we are alone out there, then we are an EXTREMELY arrogant people. Now the only reason I give this story a single thought is because I read a report from worldnetdaily.com that the military is developing weapons that fire in space, and two I want to believe stargate, not to the point where im like "IT'S REAL! IT'S REAL! IT'S REAL!!!"... no, I just think it's cool, and would love for it to be real.

I personally think the India Daily is more credible then cBS. Now, since we just went off on a pointless argument over the definition of credibility. Lets allow everyone to talk about the original story.

Comment

Fifthly, people like geologists and Physicists are considered more credible then holocaust deniers, mostly because they present facts behind their reports. If we can't listen to people who have an actual education on what they are talking about, then lets stop having schools. Now, if they did report on holocaust deniers, Elvis-impersonators, vampire-born freak-boys, or anything like that, I would be the first to agree with you.
                  O.K., I don't even care to address your earlier "points" because I find them to be ... well ... too silly to respond to seriously. Sorry.

But this one I will. Geologists are scientists who should provide theories that have TESTABLE implications, based on observed facts.

U.F.O.'s aren't testable. They have no testable implications. Nor are they observed facts.

To me, inclusion of U.F.O.'s in "geology" is probably even less credible than holocaust deniers. Some aspects of the holocaust MAY have been played up for de-nazification purposes. Different groups have argued that their respective ethic group suffered more or less relative to others for years. So there may be a few exaggerations here or there. Some of these questions have even made it into academic journals, so I have to take th equestions somewhat seriously.

However, there have never been U.F.O.'s posited in any peer reviewed journal. That makes it not science, but the sort of inflammatory stuff that makes it into The Enquirer, and yes, apparently, the publication you sited as well.

It isn't science. It isn't even theory. It is fiction.

Now, I'm not a gullible person,
                  By my standards that statement is dubious at best. I'm not trying to diss ya, but really... I find it hard to take your ability to discriminate fact from the fantastical rather questionable based on the above.

I believe in ET life, because if we think we are alone out there, then we are an EXTREMELY arrogant people.
                  Hmmm... what impact does what people think have to do with an independent possibility?

I too believe in ET life, because it seems to me to be a statistical certainty.

Now the only reason I give this story a single thought is because I read a report from worldnetdaily.com that the military is developing weapons that fire in space, and two I want to believe stargate, not to the point where im like "IT'S REAL! IT'S REAL! IT'S REAL!!!"... no, I just think it's cool, and would love for it to be real.
                  Dude, I give you cool, and I guess it would be interesting if it were real... though the idea of the U.S. and Russia shooting missiles at ET doesn't float my boat much!

I personally think the India Daily is more credible then cBS. Now, since we just went off on a pointless argument over the definition of credibility. Lets allow everyone to talk about the original story.
                  Well, CBS isn't all that credible either, though they haven't taken "infotainment" to the level that India Daily apparently has.... and I thought we were talking about the original story: at this point, it sure sounds bogus to me.

Comment

I had NO idea that Hitler had a clone!

Comment

I wouldn't call it fiction, because fiction is proven false. A proper term is unverifiable information. Also, there are alot of theories that can't be tested. Last I checked, we haven't been able to go over to a black hole. Also, we can't test theories on time travel because we haven't broken the Light-barrier. Now, there is alot of evidence that UFOs exist, and I think the government has kept alot from us. In fact I talked to my military history professor today about this story (he said that the US and Rus. would work together because Russia wants to learn alot from us and they are one of our closest allies), who served in the military for 30 years before he started teaching. He was thirty miles on base away from belgium where black flying triangles have been flying around un-explained. And on duty, he would have alot of aircraft fly by his tower to do wargame-like "attacks", everytime this happened he could always identify the aircraft. One was coming and he couldn't identify it, and when it flew over head, it defied the laws of physics by flying over head about 100 yards and without ANY jet engines, aerial disturbances or noise. While it was flying overhead, it did a complete 180 flip downward, and it flew as if it were on a track. So, if you can use something like Zero-Point technology to shift gravity, it is feaseable, through ZPT, to shift tectonic plates. Of course to public knowledge ZPT is completely theoretical.

well... now that im done rambling, im going to stop with this debate... when I get into talking about quantum theory and blah da dee, and blah da dee due I have to take some aspirin (long last couple of weeks.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Weir's Hair Gel
                        Yeah, he's my neighbor.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Weir's Hair Gel
                          WHAT??? You mean "The Boys from Brazil" wasn't a DOCUMENTARY?

I wouldn't call it fiction, because fiction is proven false.
                          No, fiction is made up.

Also, there are alot of theories that can't be tested. Last I checked, we haven't been able to go over to a black hole. Also, we can't test theories on time travel because we haven't broken the Light-barrier
                          Yet the theories that have derived the concepts CAN be tested by making predictions of what a black hole should do in terms of gravity effects and in terms of X-ray radiation and then looking for those events. That is then "evidence" that supports the theory.

U.F.O. explanatons for tectonics (I still can't believe I even typed such an inane phrase) don't make predictions that can be tested. They don't organize available documented and peer reviewed observations. They can't direcct useful experimentation. Ergo, they aren't scientific theories. They are "made up", they are fiction.

Now, there is alot of evidence that UFOs exist, and I think the government has kept alot from us.
                          Actually, in the strictest sense, Project Blue Book PROVED that U.F.O's (not aliens but Unidentified Flying Objects) exists because they couldn't explain certain documented sitings. Evidence for aliens? That's another kettle of fish.

In fact I talked to my military history professor today about this story (he said that the US and Rus. would work together because Russia wants to learn alot from us and they are one of our closest allies), who served in the military for 30 years before he started teaching. He was thirty miles on base away from belgium where black flying triangles have been flying around un-explained. And on duty, he would have alot of aircraft fly by his tower to do wargame-like "attacks", everytime this happened he could always identify the aircraft. One was coming and he couldn't identify it, and when it flew over head, it defied the laws of physics by flying over head about 100 yards and without ANY jet engines, aerial disturbances or noise. While it was flying overhead, it did a complete 180 flip downward, and it flew as if it were on a track. So, if you can use something like Zero-Point technology to shift gravity, it is feaseable, through ZPT, to shift tectonic plates. Of course to public knowledge ZPT is completely theoretical.
                          There you go again. Not theoretical. At best speculative. More like fictional, but if you really have to call a ZPT something more than fictional, go with speculative.

well... now that im done rambling, im going to stop with this debate... when I get into talking about quantum theory and blah da dee, and blah da dee due I have to take some aspirin (long last couple of weeks.)
                          Dude. If you want to talk aliens, be prepared to talk some serious science. Some science more serious than the India Times.

But hey, get some good material and lets have at it. I think it would be a hell of a lot of fun. I too think we don't get all the available information. I too think there is ET, and although I doubt he's made so many visits to this rock, it IS possible.

Just because I'm a tough sell when something is reported in the India Times and not Reuters or the BBC doesn't mean I'm a complete stick in the mud!
                          Last edited by Darth Buddha; 18 April 2005, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I have read alot of Project Blue books reports, my personal theory: Propoganda.

I have read alot about ZPT, it's actually a theory, like chaos theory, string theory, super string theory, etc... None of these can be proven, at least not today, or used. They, like alot of theories is speculation with a bit of evidence. Example: Super-string theory, supported by a radio telescope image of two EXTREMELY IDENTICAL galaxies very close to each other, the explanation: the light emitted from one galaxy traveled down two paths of strings that split the image. I haven't looked for evidence of ZPT, but I have heard of some being alluded to in some reports I have read from various professors. (I'm very tired right now, don't feel like looking it back up)

What I have heard is that ZPT is about to be applied some how to gravitational manipulation.

I would love to have a debate over the false or factual evidence of aliens, but I'm going to sleep. Long day been running on 3 hours sleep and caffeine...

P.S. I hope you don't consider BBC a legit reporting agency. Has more liberal spin than CNN

Comment

I have read alot about ZPT, it's actually a theory, like chaos theory, string theory, super string theory, etc...
                              You are RIGHT! I had ZPM on the brain. My bad!

None of these can be proven, at least not today, or used. They, like alot of theories is speculation with a bit of evidence. Example: Super-string theory, supported by a radio telescope image of two EXTREMELY IDENTICAL galaxies very close to each other, the explanation: the light emitted from one galaxy traveled down two paths of strings that split the image. I haven't looked for evidence of ZPT, but I have heard of some being alluded to in some reports I have read from various professors. (I'm very tired right now, don't feel like looking it back up)

What I have heard is that ZPT is about to be applied some how to gravitational manipulation.
                              Good write-up. But tweak it with this.. NO theory is ever proven. It is supported by experiments or observations that bear out its predictions. It is cast in doubt by contradiction. It is supported by the degree to which it can organize data, it is cast in doubt the the degree to which it doesn't take into account and organize data.

String theory is out there. It is full of a lot of assumptions. I don't know if 20 years from now it will be considered science or not, and that bothers me!

P.S. I hope you don't consider BBC a legit reporting agency. Has more liberal spin than CNN
                              I use LOTS of sources, and I always consider their angle in assessing their interpretation of facts, but liberal spin is easier to tease out than conservative spin!

Comment

Working...
                              X