Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I apologize if this is the wrong thread, but I wasn't sure where to go...

I've been reading Stargate ff for a while, and am familiar with the relationship designations (het, slash) and genres (humor, angst, etc).
    But what in the world is crackfic? (or should I be too afraid to ask this?)
    I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
    Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

HELP!!!!!!!!

i need writeres for a cartoon i want to animate about stargate atlantis. a team thats not the main team, i want to make it into a small season like 5 mabye 10 mins per episode (not inc titles and that) and have 20 episodes a season.

if your intrested in helping go onto the thread
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=46748

thanks
      Stargate Atlantis : Alpha (working title)

Flash Animated Stargate show. each episode 5 mins long with 20 episodes in a season
      currently in devolpment, help would be welcome

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=46748

visit the thread about it

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey23 View Post
        But what in the world is crackfic? (or should I be too afraid to ask this?)
        Crackfic is basically just fic on crack, meaning, it's silly, outlandish, and probably totally out of character, but was really fun to write and meant to be fun to read.

Comment

yeah, crack!fic is fic that's deliberately OTT.

like a slash jack/daniel fic where jack is 'mister harlequin romance' and daniel is 'mister simpering cliched gay guy'

or romance fic where sam is, well ripped from the pages of a smut fic

or where teal'c never talks...but gets hit a lot, and everyone enjoys him getting hit

you write it for fun and you kinda mock teh cliches by having fun with the cliches.

the hardest part about a crackfic is to not be mean. have fun with the cliche but don't be cruel with it
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure where to post this... so I thought I'd try here. I've got a Puddle Jumper question for a fic I'm writing. Do we know what powers them? Can they run out of power? Do they need to be recharged?

It's not too important. But, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks.
            Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

Originally posted by magickalmama View Post
              I'm not sure where to post this... so I thought I'd try here. I've got a Puddle Jumper question for a fic I'm writing. Do we know what powers them? Can they run out of power? Do they need to be recharged?

It's not too important. But, I thought I'd ask.

Thanks.
              All we know is:

- They have an internal power source that's pretty powerful.
              - If it's hit by a powerful blast (like a staff blast) it could explode.
              - Jumpers have never run out of power, nor do we know if they need to be recharged.
              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

i would say...what the show would do if they needed a pj to run out of power, it would.

so...find a convenient radiation source that flummoxes the power source, making it die if that's what your fic needs

there's no canon, thus the writers of the show will create it to serve thier puposes, so you can do the same

sigpic

Comment

I have checked out several times the fanfic uploader of the Forum, but it is always "currently offline for repairs" So, where do you guys upload your new stories now ????

Comment

I'm brand new to this site, I am planning to do a bit of fanfic, then I read there's somewhere called GW Fic Criterea, how do I get there ?. As if my idea doesn't fit the criterea I needn't waste my time. It was also stated about putting fan fic's in GW archive, where is that ?

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
                      I have checked out several times the fanfic uploader of the Forum, but it is always "currently offline for repairs" So, where do you guys upload your new stories now ????
                      Originally posted by Illyrian View Post
                      I'm brand new to this site, I am planning to do a bit of fanfic, then I read there's somewhere called GW Fic Criterea, how do I get there ?. As if my idea doesn't fit the criterea I needn't waste my time. It was also stated about putting fan fic's in GW archive, where is that ?
                      The fic criteria would probably apply to fic loaded up to the GW archive. However, that's no longer really relevant as the GW fanfic loader isn't working, hasn't been for a long while and probably won't be for a long while further. The problem with it isn't a quick and easy fix so it's kind of indefinitely on hold for the moment I think.

What people tend to do with fanfic they want to share on GW is upload their stories to an external website - e.g. FanFiction.net, Wraithbait or their own LiveJournal etc - and then post a link to it on GW.. either in this forum or on a relevant thread (e.g. Shep Whump thread if it's a Shep whump fic, Shweir thread if it's a Shweir ship fic etc).
                      sigpic

Comment

yeah, our uploader has been down for a year now and....everytime i harrass teh boys i get a 'we're working on it' so....the above mentined archived, plus samandjackalways and Heliopolis are two places. there's also Jackfic for jack centric fic

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the answers about the puddlejumpers, it's appreciated! Also... I've not seen all of season three, and I had a question about The Return. I guess technically a spoiler for season three...
                          Spoiler:
                          Do we ever get to find out which SG team that Sheppard was leading? And do we know about how long he was on Earth working at the SGC?

Thanks again!
                          Reveling in my multi-shipper happy place...and drooling over Sheppard.

My SG-1 Fanfic (Atlantis fic coming soon)

Comment

As previously posted I am currently writing a bit of fanfic. So I asked where to put it.Alipeeps said to put it to fanfiction . net or Wraithbait, then to the thread suitable, do you have a list of threads ?.
                            The ones stated Shep wump or shweir are totally unsuitable as the fanfic isn't about relationships more of the link between the Asgaard the humans and another alien race, also there are the Ancients on earth and that link.

Comment

Originally posted by magickalmama View Post
                              Thanks for the answers about the puddlejumpers, it's appreciated! Also... I've not seen all of season three, and I had a question about The Return. I guess technically a spoiler for season three...
                              Spoiler:
                              Do we ever get to find out which SG team that Sheppard was leading? And do we know about how long he was on Earth working at the SGC?

Thanks again!
                              I don't think we ever find out
                              Spoiler:
                              the particular designation of Sheppard's gate team - i.e. what team number they are - but the episode does mention that it's been 6 weeks since the team have been back on Earth.

Originally posted by Illyrian View Post
                              As previously posted I am currently writing a bit of fanfic. So I asked where to put it.Alipeeps said to put it to fanfiction . net or Wraithbait, then to the thread suitable, do you have a list of threads ?.
                              The ones stated Shep wump or shweir are totally unsuitable as the fanfic isn't about relationships more of the link between the Asgaard the humans and another alien race, also there are the Ancients on earth and that link.
                              What I said was, upload your fic to fanfiction.net or other website and then post a link to it either in here - in the fanfic forum - and/or in whatever other thread on GW you think might be relevant (the ones I gave were merely examples...) depending on what your fic is about. Obviously if the fic features an aspect of the show (e.g. whump or relationships) that already has a discussion thread on GW, then people in that thread might be interested to read such a fic. If your story is more general and you don't think is relevant to any specific discussion threadon GW, then just post a link to it in the fanfic forum - you will find that there is a thread in here called "Promote your fic here!" where you can post a link to your story and ask for feedback.
                              sigpic

Comment

So...there's a fanfiction one of my friend write. It's really huge now, she started it in 2005, and now it's novel sized. She's writing it into a trilogy now. I'm currently correcting the first 100 hundred episode (817 pages in word), and we were thinking about translating it into english. Can I make a thread for it? I'm making the first episode now, and I would post the episodes when they finished translated and reviewed by her. The story in derived from Atlantis, but mixed with created ancient and human characters and crossover with SG-1. It's really goes off from the real series after a while, she made many changes, so I don't know if anybody would like it.
                                'One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
                                One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them'

SGA fanfiction I'm translating to english. It's a novel!

Comment

Working...
                                X