This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The city of Atlantis Appreciation thread

I searched all around and couldn't find one singular place to talk about the actual city itself. It's in here because despite being an appreciation thread it wouldn't quite fit into "Characters and Relationships", or at least as far as we know...

Personally I love it when we get new city shots and scenes. I was very impressed in particular with all the city parts in Siege Part 2.

Anyone else here that appreciates Atlantis?

Hey purpleyin! I'm glad you started this thread. I love Atlantis! I'm thinking of building it once I'm a multibillionaire, I might even make it able to fly!

sigpic
    Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
    Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
      Hey purpleyin! I'm glad you started this thread. I love Atlantis! I'm thinking of building it once I'm a multibillionaire, I might even make it able to fly!
      Oooh.
      You know sometimes when I watch SGa I completely forget Atlantis isn't a real place...
      It's just so beautiful and extravagent - it feels real. They've just done such a good job on it.

Anyway, how about some pics to discuss?

Seige part 2 spoilers so this ones a link.
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../120/city9.jpg

Comment

I love the city too. I absolutely love the scanning of the city in Seige, I hope they keep it up. It really impresses the granduer of it all as well as gives good closeups to different parts of the city.
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

The lights out scene was one of the most impressive so far for me. It just looked great. Wonder exactly how long they work on these city shots given that we sometimes only see about 5-10 seconds of them.

Which reminds me I've yet to watch the Rainaker documentary...must do that.

Comment

I lovede the shots of the City in The Brotherhood
            Spoiler:
            when the dart is scanning the city and it zoomed pasted the soldiers on the balcony.
            That was a great shot that showed the true size of the city.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
            Spoiler:

Comment

The City of Atlantis definatly rocks! I wonder how much they would charge for rent per month, I'd be interested in that lease!

I'm excited about the city too because we all know they are going to keep on learning new things about the city for seasons to come...each time we get another ZPM it will get even more awesome!
              sigpic

Comment

Same here re forgetting that Atlantis isn't actually real. Well, of course it IS real, but, well, you know, not real real.

Especially having seen the set on the behind the scenes feature on the first DVD, impressive thought the set is, it's still incredible how much 'city' they make out of that! I think Atlantis has a definite personality, I hope we'll see more of that coming out in season 2...
                McKay, "I'm not sure I can fix this."
                Grodin, "You can fix anything."
                McKay, "Who told you that?"
                Grodin, "You did. Several times."

Comment

On that picture above, the first one, it shows a balcony and underneath a stained glass window. I was wondering if that was where the control room was. The balcony has the same kinds of struts seen in other shots and the window below looks to be the one at the top of the stairs to me. Of course there's also the fact the shot before that is in the control room and it sort of goes from control room to close up of the wall and zooming out and panning over to anotehr area of the city. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this though.

Comment

I absolutly love the digital graphics work and the camera motion on Atlantis, when ther were moving to different parts of atlantis....v.cool

SpookyBunny

Because no one suspects a bunny.
                    The hills are alive with the sound of......squee!.

Comment

Originally posted by SpookyBunny
                      I absolutly love the digital graphics work and the camera motion on Atlantis, when ther were moving to different parts of atlantis....v.cool

SpookyBunny

Because no one suspects a bunny.
                      Yes, it's amazing what they've created and how we get to see the city as if it's full of life.

And yes, they never suspect... after all people think plot bunnies are harmless. How wrong could they be.

Comment

I love the digi effects in the city! Especially Seige pt2, with the zoom thing? AWESOME.

And Yin, as for your location, you might want to give up. I went to the docs, and they say your sanity is in grave condition now.

Sorry for the news...

Comment

Anyone got the shot of Atlantis at the end of Rising Part 2? The part with the galaxy behind it?

Heres a pic of Atlantis-

sigpic
                          Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
                          Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Here's a pretty cool one:

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                              Anyone got the shot of Atlantis at the end of Rising Part 2? The part with the galaxy behind it?
                              Part with the galaxy behind it...?

Comment

Working...
                              X