This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let Hammond be Sassy!

How come Hammond never got to play any really fun scenes? He went from rather mean in the beginning to a steadfast SG1 team crusader in the end, but never got a really juicy episode. No wonder he left the show! Maybe if they gave him better lines than "ok", "Debriefing in 1 hour", "I just can't authorize that", or "Do it!" he would still be on stargate!

I want to see him getting captured by an enemy, going nuts, or sipping a Mai Tai in a speedo at the beach!

YEAH, after 7+ years on the show you would think they would throw him a bone! He had definite potential. The only ep where he left the SGC was when he went to Antarctica to save sam/jack, and when he was a col. during the mirror that sent daniel to an alternate reality. Those were great!
    Sheppard: You still seem nervous.
    McKay: No, no, it's good, it's good. I'm all good, all good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rodney Factor
      YEAH, after 7+ years on the show you would think they would throw him a bone! He had definite potential. The only ep where he left the SGC was when he went to Antarctica to save sam/jack, and when he was a col. during the mirror that sent daniel to an alternate reality. Those were great!
      Actually he once went to Chulak i believe. And Abydos(for that one broad's funeral, Daniel's wife, whatsherface)
      I do agree though, send Don Davis out and about in a new series!
      Stargate: Old, Bald, and Pissed OFF!
      I wanna eat pie - Urgo
      Who doesn't? - O'Neilll
      Without the Queen, Canadians are just....Americans - Scott Thompson

Comment

Don't we all!!!

He went to get help when Hathor returns and he helps fire the "Thread the needle Ship."

Comment

He got to do a 'fun' scene in The Gamekeeper... though I suppose it wasn't actually him
          He also went offworld in Homecoming (Season7 opener) and even Carter thought it was abit strange to see him off world

Comment

He also went off world when SG1 was trapped in Dante.
            He got a big episode when he was forsed down because of his granddaugters were abducted.

Comment

He got a scene in 'Fire and Water' when O'Neill smashed his car at Daniel's wake. But I agree he should have got more.

Comment

He needs to come back he was dependable and a good ally.

Comment

He gave Major Davis a telling off once and he had some good lines in Disclosure, I think

Comment

Plus, he was quite mean at the beginning. In the episode "spirits" he actually wanted to steal naquadah or trinium from the mountains. Even after the Native americans said it was too destructive. I wonder what made TPTB change their minds about hammond and make him a good guy?

Comment

^ I don't think it was because he was 'mean' I think that even General Hammond had orders from someone higher than him and he would have to follow them whether he agreed with them or not.

Comment

He got to tell off people like Samuels and Maybourne occasionally.

Comment

In some Maybourne got to the president and won.

Comment

Working...
                          X