Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teal'c....................and his digestive sistem...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teal'c....................and his digestive sistem...

Hey..........thinking how the hell Teal'c digest all the stuff he eats.......................as far as I know he has no intestines.......he has a snake thing instead.....................so can he only consume so little so the actual symbiote can digest it or what.........cant be true...TEal'c eats lots of food..........think.........then tell me...
    http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/7...itebeam6aw.gif

Originally posted by anubis3355
    Hey..........thinking how the hell Teal'c digest all the stuff he eats.......................as far as I know he has no intestines.......he has a snake thing instead.....................so can he only consume so little so the actual symbiote can digest it or what.........cant be true...TEal'c eats lots of food..........think.........then tell me...
    Maybe he's got one, it's all just pushed off to the side. Jack was made into a Jaffa for a bit, then he undid it in a Sarcophagus, so it seems more likely that the abdominal differences between human and Jaffa may not be so great.
    -GuyFromOH
    I'm a guy, from Ohio.
    ------------------------------------
    Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
    Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
    cool!"

Comment

how very very weird!

not five minutes ago I was thinking that exact same question.

however, it was in reference to whether I thought that Christopher Judge was hot, and whether I could get over the idea that most of the time I thought of him (as Teal'c) with a large pouch in that general vicinity.

But still, I thought the same question when I realised that there isnt much room in there when you think about it.

Comment

Good question, I'm not sure of the science of it... I wonder about all Jaffa... is it like feeding a baby, and the Goa'uld larva gets some of the nutrition and stuff? Also isn't it kind of a pain to do things like go swimming and have the pouch cavity fill up with water, and the parasite possibly get lost in heavy currents? Just wondering.
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
          Good question, I'm not sure of the science of it... I wonder about all Jaffa... is it like feeding a baby, and the Goa'uld larva gets some of the nutrition and stuff? Also isn't it kind of a pain to do things like go swimming and have the pouch cavity fill up with water, and the parasite possibly get lost in heavy currents? Just wondering.
          In general, body cavities have a tendency to be waterproof, surely there is some sort of symbiote-pouch mucus that helps with that. Symbiotes are originally from the water, so I'm sure they probably like it. Those Junior's out there are probably attached well enough that they wouldn't fall out that easily, although Teal'c seems to have a tendency to pull his out with no problems.
          -GuyFromOH
          I'm a guy, from Ohio.
          cool!"

Comment

AHHH right GuyFromOh, thanks, I'd forgotten about the origins of the Goa'uld. it just seems like kind of a loose pouch, and not terribly good at sealing out stuff -- i.e. when they show the X, it just looks SOOO loose and frail when the sides flap and Junior comes out. You'd think some Jaffa would come up with a better defense way (apart from body armor) so they don't get socked in the bellies and lose it all!

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
              AHHH right GuyFromOh, thanks, I'd forgotten about the origins of the Goa'uld. it just seems like kind of a loose pouch, and not terribly good at sealing out stuff -- i.e. when they show the X, it just looks SOOO loose and frail when the sides flap and Junior comes out. You'd think some Jaffa would come up with a better defense way (apart from body armor) so they don't get socked in the bellies and lose it all!

Now that I think of it, would anyone really want to go swimming with a Jaffa? The Symbiote would sneak out of that pouch and infest anyone else in the pool.
              -GuyFromOH
              I'm a guy, from Ohio.
              cool!"

Comment

I don't think anyone would want to go swimming with him when he had his symbiote. He no longer has this and uses that Trotonan
                __

__

Comment

I have some zany ideas... yes I know... haha... and yes, Tretonin...

By the way, Tretonin is the name of a real drug. What does it do? It's not made out of Goa'uld-a-la-blender, for starters, but it helps regenerate... YOUR SKIN!!! BEAUTY CREAM!!! That's Teal'cs secret (along with the eye makeup and all . . .)

Question: is Junior evil? (referring to past episodes) Like, would Junior jump out of the pouch and take over someone like that Goa'uld did to Major Kawalsky? I missed some eps so I'm not altogether clear on this.

Comment

I very much doubt it. Remember, the Gou'ald are not like the Tok'ra. Their symbiote controls them they don't control the symbiote

I think it's different for the Jeffa though. Not by very much. Teal'c doesn't go the glowy eye effects. I don't think junior would have done somthing like that
                    __

__

Comment

Junior would have (being an independant consciousness), but Teal'c wouldn't

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
                        Junior would have (being an independant consciousness), but Teal'c wouldn't
                        in "1969", Teal'c said that if they stayed there, his symbiote would reach maturity and take over his body. To me, that means Junior is evil, but he was just too young to do anything about it
                        -GuyFromOH
                        I'm a guy, from Ohio.
                        cool!"

Comment

tiel'c does have intestines, just no system to make him better, his immune system. He still has a circulatory system , a digestive system, everythign everyone else has.

Dont be crazy, of course he has organs!

in a jaffa the symbiote only grows, it doesnt interact with tiel'c or the jaffa's mind! it isnt connected to him in any way, any physical way, its just inside of him. In a goauld host, the symbiote is connected to the brain thus it can control the body and stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogopimp

in a jaffa the symbiote only grows, it doesnt interact with tiel'c or the jaffa's mind! it isnt connected to him in any way, any physical way, its just inside of him. In a goauld host, the symbiote is connected to the brain thus it can control the body and stuff!
                            There was an episode where Teal'c was able to interact mentally with his symbiote, so there is some kind of neural connection there, as minimal as it may be.

The symbiote is not just inside him, it has replaced his immune system, so the symbiote operates much like a system of organs. They are VERY connected.

Jaffa's are "incubators" of infant Goa'uld, but when the Goa'uld reaches maturity, if no suitable host can be found, it will take over the body of the Jaffa incubating it. Without a replacement infant Goa'uld, a Jaffa will die, making it likely that the Jaffa would not remove the symbiote prior to it taking over his/her body.
                            -GuyFromOH
                            I'm a guy, from Ohio.
                            cool!"

Comment

Originally posted by GuyFromOH
                              in "1969", Teal'c said that if they stayed there, his symbiote would reach maturity and take over his body. To me, that means Junior is evil, but he was just too young to do anything about it
                              Like stewey from family guy!
                              [email protected]
                              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                              One nation under dog
                              There of which I stand alone
                              A face in the crowd
                              Unsung, against the mold
                              Without a doubt
                              Singled out
                              The only way I know

Comment