PDA

View Full Version : Feature Requests for GateWorld.net

GuyFromOH
June 2nd, 2004, 10:03 PM
I've been coming to GateWorld.net for a long time, looking up episode info, etc. etc., but have only recently signed up for an account in the forums. Anyway, I couldn't find a Forum/Thread for stuff people want to see changed/added to GateWorld.net itself. If there is such a thread, I apologize for starting this new thread.

This site is great, I consider it the only source for SG related info, but there is one thing I have always wanted to see added. As it is now, for each episode, there is a "News and spoilers" section, where the latest news, rumors, or spoilers are added to the bottom. For each Season, there are categories: "Stories", "Characters", and "Miscellaneous" each with the latest entries added at the bottom. However, it would be great if each entry indicated the date on which it was posted. I have found myself reading very old rumors before which had been proven wrong, etc.

Does anyone else agree or care with this suggestion?

Jafana
June 2nd, 2004, 10:25 PM
I agree, it can get a bit tedious when only after you've actually read the thing do you realise that what you'd read a little earlier contradicted it entirely.

dates would be handy

GuyFromOH
June 2nd, 2004, 10:26 PM
I agree, it can get a bit tedious when only after you've actually read the thing do you realise that what you'd read a little earlier contradicted it entirely.

dates would be handy

How do we get this thread viewed by those who run GateWorld.net?

Jafana
June 2nd, 2004, 10:31 PM
the moderators tend to look over the threads pretty often, so i would imagine if they think it's "worthy" they'll know how to bring it to whoever's attention it needs to be brought to.

Bagpuss
June 2nd, 2004, 11:42 PM
Another way to get your suggestions noticed :

Go to GateWorld Features section.

There's a Poll/comments section here, that's pretty popular and will get you a reply from Darren or David! May take a while for them to reply,but they're usually pretty quick! :D

"Poll:Gateworld's Features.Are you Happy?" Vote and add your comments.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=713

KokiriChild
June 3rd, 2004, 01:36 AM
Just to post something here - adding spoiler tages to the vB interface would be good - something that puts white text inside the tags, with the spoiler in, but a small "reference line" at the top, kinda like:

Spoiler: Season 1 - Solitudes
***START***
They find a second gate in Antarctica
***END***

I've seen it done in other boards, it shouldn't be that hard to impliment

Jafana
June 3rd, 2004, 02:01 AM
Just to post something here - adding spoiler tages to the vB interface would be good - something that puts white text inside the tags, with the spoiler in, but a small "reference line" at the top, kinda like:

Spoiler: Season 1 - Solitudes
***START***
They find a second gate in Antarctica
***END***

I've seen it done in other boards, it shouldn't be that hard to impliment
Excellent idea! I second the motion!

ohh, wait.. this isnt a meeting.

Anubis
June 3rd, 2004, 02:27 AM
It's not a meeting but it's a good idea. A spoiler space warning tag. Very good

Feli
June 3rd, 2004, 03:51 AM
I couldn't find a Forum/Thread for stuff people want to see changed/added to GateWorld.net itself.
Well, there is, it's called GateWorld Features and I'm going to move your thread in there right away.

As someone else already mentioned Darren and David check this forum out daily and will certainly read your request soon!

Feli
GateWorld Moderator

ShadowMaat
June 3rd, 2004, 04:30 AM
The only problem with posting spoilers in white text is- as it was pointed out to me (and is nicely illustrated a few posts above)- when someone replies to the post and includes the spoiler, the reply box is pale blue, so the white text will be visible. I use white text and spoiler space interchangeably. I don't think it makes a huge difference as long as there is SOME kind of warning and attempt to protect the unwary. ;)

KokiriChild
June 3rd, 2004, 05:25 AM
Yeah, I know, I was the one who pointed it out to you ;) In other boards they had black background and black text, which could only be read by highliting it.(by background I mean text-background, not the colour of the forum)

David
June 3rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
Howdy, Folks!

Definitely a great thread for the GateWorld Features section. Several ideas thrown out here have been discussed before. I'm sure Darren will see the "date tag" concept and consider it. With any luck we'll hear his two cents on this in the thread.

As you will see in an upcoming edition of Letters to the Editor, cloaking the text of spoilers (where you have to highlight to make it appear) has been suggested a lot. I myself pushed for such a change, but then we started getting feedback from folks with WebTV's and unpopular browzers (like the Jurassic Park III browzer). Unfortunately it just would not work out for everyone. But we will still be thinking up ideas with your help, and stick with the yellow-text Spoilers for now.

Spoiler Tags- I proposed to Darren that we install a "Spoiler Space Button" that, when pressed, would automatically insert spoiler space for you, and all you had to do was insert the Season and Episode data. Cool?? We're searching for the proper html tags that will do the trick, but still have not found it. It's definitely something we'd like to install in the forum.

Keep those great ideas popping! Darren and I always have our eyes on these threads :). Happy Gating!

Darren
June 3rd, 2004, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions, everybody!

- A quick and easy way to make spoiler space easier is definitely on the agenda for the forum, whether that's a button that inserts space, a box for hidden text, or both.

- I'll begin tagging the news and quotes in the episode guide with dates from now on. (Older existing stuff, of course, I don't necessarily have dates for anymore.)

- Wa-hoo!

Keep 'em coming.

ShadowMaat
June 3rd, 2004, 02:28 PM
And then there are the nifty spoiler boxes like they have at Gaters.net. Or does that run into a browser problem, too?

You proposed to Darren, eh? Did he say yes? You lucky girl. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist. hehe

Hey, any chance of getting a timestamp as well as a datestamp? Or was that implied the first time?

Will there ever be "skins" for the forum? I know that's jumping the gun a bit, but I was just wondering if that was one of the things that'd eventually be in the works...

GuyFromOH
June 3rd, 2004, 02:52 PM
- I'll begin tagging the news and quotes in the episode guide with dates from now on. (Older existing stuff, of course, I don't necessarily have dates for anymore.)

Keep 'em coming.

Wow, thanks, if I knew it were this easy, I would have posted something like this long ago. D&D, you guys rock

ShadowMaat
June 3rd, 2004, 02:57 PM
Hey, any chance of getting a timestamp as well as a datestamp? Or was that implied the first time?
Ha. And this shows how closely I was paying attention. I was thinking of timestamps on the posts, not the spoilers. *sigh*

KokiriChild
June 3rd, 2004, 02:58 PM
Ha. And this shows how closely I was paying attention. I was thinking of timestamps on the posts, not the spoilers. *sigh*
lol, ahh well, it is very early in the morning tho (and since there are no time stamps there'll be no proof!)

David
June 3rd, 2004, 03:03 PM
I hope Darren doesn't shoot me for saying anything, but we're hoping to release some new GateWorld features that will be great tributes to Stargate fans and right in the heat of all the action here at the website. Maybe late Summer or early Fall. Hopefully the former. You'll be seeing several improvements to some of the things that have mellowed down around here ;)

Do I practice being vague? :p

KokiriChild
June 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM
Nope - you train damn hard is what you do!

David
June 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM
The Omnipedia is a good early example of these enhancements and updates.

KokiriChild
June 3rd, 2004, 03:09 PM
*scrambles over there faster than a chipmunk on speed*

Darren
June 3rd, 2004, 04:07 PM
Vague enough that even I don't know what you're talking about! ;)

ShadowMaat
June 3rd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Vague enough that even I don't know what you're talking about! ;)
No one ever understands him. We all just play along and humor him. Haven't figured out why, yet. ;)

KokiriChild
June 4th, 2004, 02:19 PM
No one ever understands him. We all just play along and humor him. Haven't figured out why, yet. ;)
'cause we appreiciate our membership?

ShadowMaat
June 4th, 2004, 02:44 PM
'cause we appreiciate our membership?
Yeah, when we can access the board. :P

Or am I supposed to infer that Davey is evil and shut down the entire board in a big sulk 'cause of what I said? Ooooo, such power I have! ;)

And yes, I know it was a DoS attack on the server, but Davey could still be responsible. :P

KokiriChild
June 4th, 2004, 02:46 PM
yeah, DoS - Davey on Strike

Bagpuss
June 5th, 2004, 03:02 AM
To Darren,David and the Mods:

I have no problem with the Posters themselves here,but I would like to point out a little loophole I discovered in a certain Thread.

Long story short.
When we quote from a previous Poster,there is no way to prevent the Quoter from manipulating the text that comes up in the blue box.This leads to possible misrepresentation of the original Poster's remarks and needless aggro!

Fine,if the mischief maker is doing it "for fun",and the original Poster is not offended,but to the other viewers/posters,it may seem that there's real damage intended.

Also,if this sort of thing happens on some of the longer, more "Contentious" topics,there could be serious "Poster Aggro" ahead!!

If you Managers/Mods want any other specifics,I'm quite happy to reply by P.M.

N.B.: TO ALL!:This is not intended as an attack on any specific person.Just my noting of what I consider a "Loophole".......if we can't trust each other to even quote each other correctly,IMO,there could be an endless string of "You said/I said" hostility ahead!

Speaking only for myself,I'd hate to see that happen. :(

KokiriChild
June 5th, 2004, 03:08 AM
To Darren,David and the Mods:

I have no problem with the Posters themselves here,but I would like to blow them all away with my staff weapon

Long story short.
When we eat cheese, there is no way to prevent the onslaught of nightmares that come up in the night. This leads to possible misrepresentation of the original dream, and can sometimes be quite scary to the point where I wake up.

Fine, if the little goblin is eating my toes "for fun", and they restore them to their original condition, but to the other viewers/posters/false gods, it may seem that there's real damage intended. I mean, who eats feet?

Also, if this sort of thing happens on some of the longer, more "Contentious" dreams, there could be serious bed wetting involved.

If you Managers/Mods want any other specifics,I'm quite happy to reply by P.M, or get KokiriChild to manipulate this quote and make something really odd.

N.B.: TO ALL!:This is intended as an attack against KokiriChild, after he stole "TLW" and hid it in a pyramid. If we can't trust each monkey to clean up after itself, IMO there could be an endless string of "Hey, get your hands off my bananas"

Speaking only for myself, KokiriChild smells, has a bad hair style, and occasionally can resemble a Gorilla under heavy stage lighting.:P
Something like this you mean?

Bagpuss
June 5th, 2004, 03:19 AM
Very amusing,but a good example,KC! ;)

I like your "Version" of my earlier Post here,but I'm still entitled to my points and query.........as is everyone else,btw!

KokiriChild
June 5th, 2004, 03:20 AM
Very amusing,but a good example,KC! by the way, you were good KC, but the rest of your Sunshine band sucked arse!!!
Ok, ok, I promise to stop now!

Bagpuss
June 5th, 2004, 03:28 AM
Ok, ok, I promise to stop now!

OK! I like you too much to suddenly start attacking you,or anyone else. ;)

(If anyone is actually offended by my views,fair enough.

No such thing as an "Objective Opinion",anyway!) ;)

KokiriChild
June 5th, 2004, 03:31 AM
WTH??? Yeah right KC, "Yo Mamma!"
Hahhaa, OMG, I really should stop! Right, that's the last one, the end, finito.... honest ;)

ShadowMaat
June 5th, 2004, 06:12 AM
The only problem with "fixing" the quote text would be that you probably wouldn't be able to edit it down to only the relevant text. So if someone posted a whole page of stuff and you're replying to one line, you'd have to quote the ENTIRE THING and just hope people could figure out the line you're referencing.

Dunno if the quoting can be "fixed" anyway. I think we'll just have to trust posters to remember what was originally said and understand when it's been misquoted... Yeah, problematic, but no way around that. ;)

Another thing I've noticed is that when someone quotes another person and then that person goes back to edit what s/he originally said, the quote box doesn't change. So if someone said something offensive, realizes it, and goes back to fix it but another person has already quoted them saying the offensive thing, it could stir up trouble. Don't think there's much that can be done about that, either, but I figured I'd at least point it out. :)

EDITED: I just saw where all this stuff about "modifying" the original text is coming from and I have to say, when it isn't really readily obvious like here, I think it's an incredibly bad and kinda tasteless idea. You could get innocent people in trouble. Well, maybe not innocent but at least not guilty of that one particular thing.

David
June 5th, 2004, 06:13 AM
I think my supervisor heard me laughing so hard ...

Bagpuss
June 5th, 2004, 06:35 AM
The only problem with "fixing" the quote text would be that you probably wouldn't be able to edit it down to only the relevant text. So if someone posted a whole page of stuff and you're replying to one line, you'd have to quote the ENTIRE THING and just hope people could figure out the line you're referencing.

Dunno if the quoting can be "fixed" anyway. I think we'll just have to trust posters to remember what was originally said and understand when it's been misquoted... Yeah, problematic, but no way around that. ;)

Another thing I've noticed is that when someone quotes another person and then that person goes back to edit what s/he originally said, the quote box doesn't change. So if someone said something offensive, realizes it, and goes back to fix it but another person has already quoted them saying the offensive thing, it could stir up trouble. Don't think there's much that can be done about that, either, but I figured I'd at least point it out. :)

EDITED: I just saw where all this stuff about "modifying" the original text is coming from and I have to say, when it isn't really readily obvious like here, I think it's an incredibly bad and kinda tasteless idea. You could get innocent people in trouble. Well, maybe not innocent but at least not guilty of that one particular thing.

Thank you Shadow! I agree.V.Problematic,potentially. :(

Reproduced everything,exactly as you typed it,or edited? ;)

Bagpuss
June 5th, 2004, 06:44 AM
I think my supervisor heard me laughing so hard ...

Fancy sharing? ;) OMG,I meant that in a "let's hear it" kinda way. :o

Asgard
June 6th, 2004, 09:32 PM
I hope Darren doesn't shoot me for saying anything, but we're hoping to release some new GateWorld features that will be great tributes to Stargate fans and right in the heat of all the action here at the website. Maybe late Summer or early Fall. Hopefully the former. You'll be seeing several improvements to some of the things that have mellowed down around here ;)

We will get info out of you! I have good relations with Baal and you have seen how good he is at torture and getting info.

:p ;)

David
June 6th, 2004, 09:45 PM
We will get info out of you! I have good relations with Baal and you have seen how good he is at torture and getting info.

Could you remind me? Go slow.

;)

sgeureka
June 18th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Okay, until now there hasn't been anything about this new forum that I didn't like. Good job. Very good job. :)

Now I have finally noticed (yes, took me a while ;) ) what "Sticky" threads are.

My problem: My display option is that threads with the last post older than 1 month are not displayed, and the bad thing about that is that all the ep threads in the Seasons' Episode Section that are older than a month are also not displayed. If I want to go to one, I first have to change my display option to 2 months, and when I'm done, undo this.

I realize that this a big request but could those threads not also be turned into sticky threads?

Darren
June 18th, 2004, 10:10 AM
They are not sticky now, but we can make them sticky. Is that what you're asking for?

(You can also go straight to any of those threads by clicking the "Discuss" link in the top menu for every episode in the episode guide section of the Web site.)

sgeureka
June 19th, 2004, 02:11 AM
They are not sticky now, but we can make them sticky. Is that what you're asking for?
Yes. (I know how I can get the threads to show up, I just mind the two extra clicks :) )

ShadowMaat
June 30th, 2004, 11:12 AM
Here's a request: please, please, PLEASE find some way to allow us to put whole threads on ignore so we don't have to keep looking at stupid things we don't want to see! PLEASE! Pretty pretty please! I'll do ANYTHING for this to happen!

...Well, almost anything. Most things. Probably. Including kicking puppies and stealing candy from children.

PLEASE!!?

Jprime
June 30th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Well I don't kick puppies but I'll steal candy just for fun! :D

ShadowMaat
June 30th, 2004, 12:24 PM
I won't give up Luke and I won't do anything that goes against my fundamental beliefs, but everything else is up for grabs. ;)

Seriously... I would really really like to be able to ignore threads. There are some which are a constant, low-grade source of aggravation for me and not having to look at the bloody things every time I'm here might even make me a more pleasant person.

I did say might... ;)

Teal'c
June 30th, 2004, 04:38 PM
I don't know if David's up to the challange of doing hacks! :P (Reverse psychology ;))

ShadowMaat
June 30th, 2004, 04:52 PM
I don't know if David's up to the challange of doing hacks! :P (Reverse psychology ;))
It takes a hack to do a hack. Which means he's perfectly suited. ;) Of course, the REAL question is, would he WANT to? Chances are, much as he loves me, he wouldn't wanna go through all that tedious work just for me alone.

Maybe we should start a poll to find out how many others would like an "ignore thread" feature... :P

David
June 30th, 2004, 07:06 PM
Hey, I may write for the Omnipedia, but pigs will fly the day I learn how to format it.

I.E. I am a basic, BASIC HTML man right now. If anyone among us could hack, I'd turn to Darren every time ;) <nudge-nudge>

ShadowMaat
June 30th, 2004, 07:08 PM
If anyone among us could hack, I'd turn to Darren every time ;) <nudge-nudge>
I don't think Darren approves of my wascally ways, my holier than thou attitude and my obstreperous obsession with "that cursed food server". ;)

*sniffle* Oh woe is I...

David
June 30th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Ooh, good word usage ;)

ShadowMaat
July 1st, 2004, 03:09 PM
Hey, I may write for the Omnipedia, but pigs will fly the day I learn how to format it.
If I fling Ugly Pig across the room, does that count? ;)

Hmm... maybe if I had a catapult...

Meanwhile I'll keep looking small and cute and pitiful and hope someone falls for- I mean, feels sorry for me and gives me what I want. :D

Positively Kanyon
July 1st, 2004, 04:28 PM
I have a feature request for GateWorld.net

What about a Wallpaper section?

Jprime
July 2nd, 2004, 08:11 AM
Something that I think would be quite cool is a little graph on your public profile showing your post rate over time.

shinyredpants
July 2nd, 2004, 09:36 AM
uh...stargate...crossword puzzles?!?!?!?!

hey now, its an idea!!

no wait..i have a better one, post cards! on stargatefan.com they have postcards and i used to send one to ppl every day *but alas, they dont have any new* so like. a small amount of postcards with funny sayings on them regularly switched out...that would make anyone wearing pants *and not wearing pants* happy

ShadowMaat
July 2nd, 2004, 10:32 AM
Postcards would be nifty.

Wallpapers would, too, but it'd be hard to put limits on that sort of thing. I mean, how would you organize it? Team, character, ep, equipment? Do you allow shippy ones? Do you have some way of letting people just upload them, or would they have to go through a screening process first to make sure they were PG and not detrimental to a character/actor? If you allow ship, you almost HAVE to allow slash (after all, it's another form of ship). How do you draw regs for that? If you say "no ship" then how do you justify THAT? It's one of those ideas that sounds really great... until you sit down to work out the logistics. ;) Still, some basic wallpapers might be nice.

SGSlugger
July 2nd, 2004, 12:00 PM
You can't think that hard into it Shadow. "All backgrounds are the expression of the creator, and do not express any opinions whatsoever of the Gateworld team. We cannot be held responsible for any offending material, although we will try to screen it."

There, done! :p

ShadowMaat
July 2nd, 2004, 12:19 PM
You still need to figure out how to categorize them all. I mean, if you just have this big chaotic mishmash of stuff it'll be very easy for people to overlook things they might like. And if folks are only interested in, say, Daniel desktops, they aren't gonna want to slog through everything else to try and sort out the Daniel ones.

And how DO you screen it? Beforehand or just cross your fingers and pray and just have someone skim through it once in a while?

Dunno. Still sounds problematic to me. ;)

Ugly Pig
July 2nd, 2004, 04:13 PM

Oh really?
Sounds like a dare to me!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v413/uglypig/superpig.gif

Weeell? What's it gonna be? :D

SGSlugger
July 2nd, 2004, 07:15 PM
You still need to figure out how to categorize them all. I mean, if you just have this big chaotic mishmash of stuff it'll be very easy for people to overlook things they might like. And if folks are only interested in, say, Daniel desktops, they aren't gonna want to slog through everything else to try and sort out the Daniel ones.

And how DO you screen it? Beforehand or just cross your fingers and pray and just have someone skim through it once in a while?

Dunno. Still sounds problematic to me. ;)

True, it will be a big hassle. Perhaps catorgizing it like: Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c, SGC personal, Tok'ra, Goa'uld, Allies (sub: Tollan, Asgard), Enemies (sub: Aschen, Reps), Locations, Combo (multiple themes).

You could do a block upload; i.e. have people submit their work, then upload a qualified selection at the end of every month or every other week. Don't forget that you could code a script to search. There are a couple out there, and it would be that hard to do it (heck, I could even code something like that!)

David
July 2nd, 2004, 07:55 PM
Oh really?
Sounds like a dare to me!

Weeell? What's it gonna be? :D

OK. I am extremely impressed.

Teal'c
July 3rd, 2004, 02:52 PM
I won't give up Luke and I won't do anything that goes against my fundamental beliefs, but everything else is up for grabs. ;)

Seriously... I would really really like to be able to ignore threads. There are some which are a constant, low-grade source of aggravation for me and not having to look at the bloody things every time I'm here might even make me a more pleasant person.

I did say might... ;)
I looked into it, and I'm afraid there is no hack for ignoring threads, sorry.

David
July 3rd, 2004, 02:53 PM
I think something like that is on our to-do list, right alongside the "Spoiler space button".

Still a wayse off. !!Madsflaksdjf;lasdfkj;asdflh!!

Anubis
July 4th, 2004, 01:10 AM
A spoiler space button. A good idea!

Bagpuss
July 4th, 2004, 06:51 AM
Especially on the General Discussion Board..... ;)

ShadowMaat
July 4th, 2004, 06:59 AM
Ah, but the trick isn't spoiler space, itself, it's getting people to USE it. Some folks are completely clueless about what constitutes spoilers. The worst offenders are the ones who go, "Golly gee, I thought EVERYONE knew that!"

Here's an idea, how about devising a program that sends a pulse through the line and electrocutes anyone who posts something without including spoiler warnings? I'm sure Davey could whip up a really nifty AI program that could suss out spoilers and magically zap offenders. ;) It'd be accompanied by some really snazzy graphics, too...

Teal'c
July 4th, 2004, 05:18 PM
Ah, but the trick isn't spoiler space, itself, it's getting people to USE it. Some folks are completely clueless about what constitutes spoilers. The worst offenders are the ones who go, "Golly gee, I thought EVERYONE knew that!"

Here's an idea, how about devising a program that sends a pulse through the line and electrocutes anyone who posts something without including spoiler warnings? I'm sure Davey could whip up a really nifty AI program that could suss out spoilers and magically zap offenders. ;) It'd be accompanied by some really snazzy graphics, too...
Well, David has their IPs, so he could just virus-ify their computers! :P

David
July 4th, 2004, 05:21 PM
I have enough viruses of my own to kill, thanks.

Jafana
July 11th, 2004, 04:52 AM
Is it possible to make it compulsory, if you want to leave reputation points, to leave a comment?
It's rather annoying when, with a grey point, there is no comment.
I'm aware also that it might be difficult to even ensure that - i mean, how easy would it be for people to type in random letters?
but still, if someone is going to give rep points, you would think they would go to the trouble of writing a comment as well.

(I apologize- I'm a uni student, and as such, im addicted to comments - good or bad. I need feedback people!!)

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 03:15 PM
fix spoiler space and the damn cache problems... soon please:>

David
July 11th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Spoiler space- you mean folks who have not been inserting it?

ShadowMaat
July 11th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Work on that prog to electrocute people, Davey. I'm telling ya: wave of the future. You'd make a fortune. ;)

Naturally, I'd only expect a modest percentage for myself as the originator of the idea... :)

David
July 11th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Seven of Nine did that to a Hirogen in Season Four of Voyager. It's remained a tantalizing concept in the back of my mind ever since... But I doubt it'd be good for business.

ShadowMaat
July 11th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Seven of Nine did that to a Hirogen in Season Four of Voyager. It's remained a tantalizing concept in the back of my mind ever since... But I doubt it'd be good for business.
This isn't about good business, it's about keeping us happy! :P Anyway. I think you underestimate the viciousness of business. And... I guess it wouldn't have to be a BIG shock. Just an itsy little one. At least at first. Getting progressively stronger with each offense. Nothing lethal, of course, that WOULD be bad business, but get it up strong enough to get peoples attention. :)

David
July 11th, 2004, 07:52 PM
And if I decide to use it on you?

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 08:01 PM

Then the rest of us would be eternally greatful:P

ShadowMaat
July 11th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Oooo, Davey, I had no idea you were the kinky type. ;) It's always the quiet ones...

Since I, myself, am far too perfect to do anything as plebian as give unwarned spoilers, I don't think there'd be any trouble. *haughty sniff*

Unless you were planning to modify it to try and get me to behave. :P That'll never work. People have tried in the past and, well, let's just say Carter's got nothin' on MY track record. :D

*zap*
Davey is the best!
*zap*
Davey is the greatest!
*zap*
Davey is the best Mod, eva!
*zap*
Dave rules all that he sees!
*zap*
We all loves our David!
*ZAP!*

That better? :P:P Very system lordly of you, I must say. ;)

Nolamom
July 11th, 2004, 08:13 PM
People have tried in the past and, well, let's just say Carter's got nothin' on MY track record. :D
So what you're saying is the dried husks of former paramours little the road behind you?

ShadowMaat
July 11th, 2004, 08:15 PM
So what you're saying is the dried husks of former paramours little the road behind you?
Well, the dried husks of all who dare oppose me, generally speaking. ;)

David
July 11th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Well we're certainly getting a lot of... good... ideas to improve GateWorld...

ShadowMaat
July 11th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Well we're certainly getting a lot of... good... ideas to improve GateWorld...
Good? Ha! Nothing "good" about me or my ideas! ;)

How 'bout a sound-off feature? Y'know, a question of the week with a handful of (very short) replies? 25 words or less. Something like that. Or is that too much like the regular letters to the editor?

Dunno. I have insomnia now, thanks to you, so I'm trying to be a good girl and get back on topic, but... electrocution is really more my style than good ideas. ;)

Jprime
July 12th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Sure there is. Go directly to a certain international hardware store, and bring with you some metallic tender discs. Trade the discs for a small quantity of black adhesive bonding strip in a roll. Return home and attach the "tape" to your "monitor" in an attempt to cover up the offending "thread".

A similar technique works on TV if you dont like theatrical format.

ShadowMaat
July 12th, 2004, 09:14 AM
Trade the discs for a small quantity of black adhesive bonding strip in a roll. Return home and attach the "tape" to your "monitor" in an attempt to cover up the offending "thread".
Oh, I have other uses for that kind of tape... ;)

Teal'c
July 12th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Oh, I have other uses for that kind of tape... ;)
Hmmm... If I hear that David Hewlett has mysteriously disapeared from the Atlantis set, I know where to look :P

ShadowMaat
July 12th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Hmmm... If I hear that David Hewlett has mysteriously disapeared from the Atlantis set, I know where to look :P
Mmm... David Hewlett....Yeah, maybe him, too. :P

Hey, whatever happened to that blog thing of Joe Mallozzi's? Got too busy to maintain it? Got sick of the fighting over it? Kept it going and I simply missed it? ;)

Sam & Jack Shipper
July 12th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Oooo, Davey, I had no idea you were the kinky type. ;) It's always the quiet ones...

Since I, myself, am far too perfect to do anything as plebian as give unwarned spoilers, I don't think there'd be any trouble. *haughty sniff*

Unless you were planning to modify it to try and get me to behave. :P That'll never work. People have tried in the past and, well, let's just say Carter's got nothin' on MY track record. :D

That better? :P:P Very system lordly of you, I must say. ;)
Hmmmm, how could you give spoilers when you said you aren't watching current episodes? ;)