This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have I missed Something?

It seems I've missed something, from what I've read it gives the imprestion that season 9 will be the last for SG-1, If this is so why not go to ten and beat the X-files

Also any one now how wide the teleporter rings are?
    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Because only the fans consider "beating another series" to be really important. The producers care about whether they're still capable to make the series, for instance if they're not losing their cast and if they're still getting money from their investors.

But it is far from certain that this will be SG-1's last season, it is likely since Richard Dean Anderson left the series as a cast member and the contracts of the other cast members are renegotiated every year. But as executive producer & writer Joseph Mallozzi said: they thought it would be their last year ever since season 5 and they kept getting one more year.

Comment

So why has RDA left, whats the story for O'neil leaving?
      The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
      Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

Comment

RDA left so he could spend as much time as possible with his family

As for O'Neill Leaving...
        Spoiler:
        He gets promoted to Head of Homeworld Security

But now they dont have it, chances are they may continue for a 10th and maybe an 11th.

SG1 is doing better than it ever had, it would be madness to cancel it
        Last edited by Serebii; 17 April 2005, 08:44 AM.

Comment

RDA left so he could spend as much time as possible
          Let me complete that sentence: RDA left so he could spend as much time as possible with his daughter. He has been limiting his time with the show a little more each year for the past 4 years for this reason.

On season 10, I just remembered a quote from Brad Wright that was something along the lines of "I took a season off during season 6 to spend more time with my family and came back, there's no reason why we wouldn't allow Rick to do the same." - Which would only make sense if he is expecting a season 10...

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
            RDA left so he could spend as much time as possible with his family

As for O'Neill Leaving...
            Spoiler:
            He gets promoted to Head of Homeworld Security

But now they dont have it, chances are they may continue for a 10th and maybe an 11th.

SG1 is doing better than it ever had, it would be madness to cancel it
            Well... that may be but they cancelled ST:TNG at the height of it's popularity.
            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
              Well... that may be but they cancelled ST:TNG at the height of it's popularity.
              They didnt cancel it, they ended it to branch it off

Comment

This may be the first year in quite a while that you don't hear talk of it being the last season. With all of the changes for S9, they seem to be retooling for a longer run. Would Ben Browder agree to be regular on a show that he thought would only go one more year? I doubt it.

That doesn't mean S9 won't be the final season but I seriously doubt that TPTB will write S9 as if it is the last one. Go ahead for S10 will likely be dependent more on ratings than anything else. If ratings hold up and SciFi wants it, S10 will happen.

Comment

Working...
                X