This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient warships

In episode "Before I Sleep" Dr. Weir (old one) was talking about Ancient warships but I didn't found anything about these "ships". What do we know about it? Please if you know something, write it right here.

PS: If I have to be exactly I found that the warship was called "RowHan" but I'm not certain if it's true. I would be pleased if someone will help me:-)

thanks
    The one of Tleilaxans' Face Dancers

i'm pretty sure that in that episode they were talking about either tranporter ships that were shot down by the wraith while trying to evacuate the reast of the atlantians through the gate back to the milky way, or when the atlantians sent out a few ships to negotiate but it didn't go well and ended up being a fire fight.. i'm gonna guess that all the warship were destroyed in the war with the wraith.. hopefully we'll see some crashed/ damaged ships in the up coming season...
    I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

In the episode the only mention of warships is this:
      The Atlanteans sent a delegation protected by their most powerful warships in the faint hope of negotiating a truce. One on one, the Atlantean ships were more powerful, but the Wraith were so many. After that great battle, it was only a matter of time.
      Then later on in the episode a transport ship was destroyed by the Wraith blockade.
      MCKAY: We need the Zed PM to power the Gate.

O'NEILL: What?

JACKSON: ZPM. He's Canadian.

O'NEILL: I'm sorry.

Comment

thats exactly what i was trying to remember.. thanks i couldn't remember the actual details...
        I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

Rumour has it that the season 2 episode Aurora will be about an ancient starship. If it is about the ship It would be a fair guess to say that the title of the episode may be the name of the ship, I like it 'Aurora' Its got a certain ring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Komplic
            In episode "Before I Sleep" Dr. Weir (old one) was talking about Ancient warships but I didn't found anything about these "ships". What do we know about it? Please if you know something, write it right here.

PS: If I have to be exactly I found that the warship was called "RowHan" but I'm not certain if it's true. I would be pleased if someone will help me:-)

thanks
            Nothing so far. Except that they were more powerful the the Wraith ships but outnumbered greatly and were destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by SmartFox
              Nothing so far. Except that they were more powerful the the Wraith ships but outnumbered greatly and were destroyed.
              I know. Somewhere in their database they must have "plans" of this ship. And that's also my point, I want to know something about it. Some plans, name or picture;-)

Comment

I known this was a "Early Artist's conception of the "Puddle Jumper". but it could be what they deiced an Ancient Warship looks like since they didn't use it as the model for the PJ.

Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                We are the Ancients

Comment

what orientation is that whos at!?, also i think the episode aurora will cover this topic.....
                  sigpic
                  You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                  Stargate : Genesis |
                  Original Starship DesignThread
                  Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                    what orientation is that whos at!?, also i think the episode aurora will cover this topic.....
                    I got it from here:
                    http://www.stargate6.com/gallery/Stargate-Atlantis/2_G
                    Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                    Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                    Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                    O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                    We are the Ancients

Comment

If the Ancients were smart they would have kept their ship production facilities, as well as their fleet, in a place out of reach of the Wraith, maybe in another galaxy, assuming that their ships are at least one ten thousandth as fast as Asgard ones.

Comment

the ship look like it has cool weapons and stuff, but only one wing! and for a PJ its huge assumine it would get bigger!
                        sigpic
                        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                          If the Ancients were smart they would have kept their ship production facilities, as well as their fleet, in a place out of reach of the Wraith, maybe in another galaxy, assuming that their ships are at least one ten thousandth as fast as Asgard ones.
                          i agree or atleast cloaked hidden and shielded by a triple layer of atlantis style shielding
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

we are little away from original topic but the question is still here... Is here anyone who know something about Ancient vessels? And please just facts. speculation like "they must have ten thousand times quicklier ships than the Asgard" is over time.. It doesn't matter if the information is from the second hand, fantasy is great thing but it's not useful now;-)

Comment

ok sorry, the first thing is ever read on atlantis was that the PJ was one of 5 ancient vessels. this might be true or false. we know as a fact there are 3 types of ship BIS, 4 if u include timeship ( 3 as in PJ,warship, and transport vessel), also atlantis is a ship unto its own, so thats 4.
                              well this is what spec we can rightly asume is basic on ancient ships:
                              *good shielding
                              *good hull
                              *very fast even the PJ can travel fast than a hatak at sublight
                              *cloaks ( i said maybe)
                              *decent weapons
                              we know that there are other ships, we just dont know where, also aurora should fingers x'ed cover it!
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X