The episode is #811 - "Prometheus Unbound" and has a character named
    Vala.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks for the info
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

General Hammond makes an appearance in the episode.
      The Alpha Site

Comment

**Spoilers** below highlight to read

The Prometheus and Hammond will be featured heavly in the 11th episode of SG-1's 8th Season.

Daniel is along for a ride with the Prometheus, presumably with Hammond in command when they pick up a distress call from a Goa'uld ship. The ships occupants somehow board Prometheus, and Hammond and his crew somehow get on board the alkesh and peltak. (we will finally get our first look inside a alkesh.)

The people (which we find out are not Goa'uld) who steal Prometheus want to use it to relocate a few hundred people from a moon which orbits a planet now under Ba'al's control. The planet once was home to these people. Now that the Stargate is unusable because it's heavly guarded, the people have been stealing Goa'uld technology to fight ba'al and free their people. They are lead by Vala. Vala doesn't understand how Prometheus can be so primitive yet have 'some' components that are even more advanced then the rest, Daniel explains that they have some very powerful friends

To me this sounds like a great episode, personally I like the episodes that are space heavy. Good to have to add a little mix in the episode genre.

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

It sounds great to me as well

Comment

I thought that title sounded familiar. It was the name of an episode of "Beast Machines," the follow-up to "Beast Wars" (Transformers), both of which starred Gary Chalk (who rules) as the voice of Optimus Primal.
            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

He is Colonel Chekov, BTW.

Comment

Isn't "Promethus Unbound" the subtitle to Mary Shelly's "Frankenstein"? The DJ fans ought to really go for this one, judging by the spoiler info.
                Nmom
                sigpic

Comment

GateWorld's spoiler report for "Prometheus Unbound" is now online!
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Cool!

Thanks, Darren!

More info...must read now.

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Oh god, this episode sounds terrible. I am at the point where I almost wish they would stick Daniel in a corner rather than putting him in these awful, unimaginative, pointless episodes that deal with nothing of importance. On the Prometheus? And twice in one season, stuck alone away from the team with a typically "beautiful" woman? Way to be imaginative.

I knew it was just a matter of time before they dragged this title out. I'll give 'em credit, it took them two seasons to do it--and I'm sure it has next to no relation to the subject matter of the episode.

(Percy Bysshe Shelley wrote Prometheus Unbound, Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein, Or The Modern Prometheus)

Comment

Sounds Pretty good, I really glad DSD is going to be back.
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by epiphany
                            Oh god, this episode sounds terrible. I am at the point where I almost wish they would stick Daniel in a corner rather than putting him in these awful, unimaginative, pointless episodes that deal with nothing of importance. On the Prometheus? And twice in one season, stuck alone away from the team with a typically "beautiful" woman? Way to be imaginative.

I knew it was just a matter of time before they dragged this title out. I'll give 'em credit, it took them two seasons to do it--and I'm sure it has next to no relation to the subject matter of the episode.

(Percy Bysshe Shelley wrote Prometheus Unbound, Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein, Or The Modern Prometheus)
                            I think it sounds great...

SPOILERISH THINGIES CALLED "WORDS" BELOW
                            ...we get to see Hammond.

Comment

This sounds rather impulsive, I know, but... is it just me or does anyone else want to see Hammond sock one of those annoying politicians like Kinsey in the chops?
                              Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                              more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
                              X