This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Scramble

Ok, here's a little game I like to call Stargate Scramble, the basic idea is you take any word from Stargate (preferably SG1 or the movie, as many people haven't read the books), scramble all the letters up and post it. When someone's worked out what it is they post the un-scrambled word followed by a scramble of their own, for instance:

KokiriChild: UB LEEJ LOL

Poster2: BLUE JELLO
    KLUE

Poster3: LUKE
    LAL NOT

And so on and so on, ok, to make things a little fiar, here are some basic rules:
    1. Your scrambled word must be from SG1 or Stargate: The Movie
    2. Names of actor/resses are not allowed on the grounds of "You guys can't work it out - he played 4th-chevron-guy-on-the-left in CotG", it'd make it too tough
    3. Names of musical pieces are not allowed (for those who own the soundtrack)
    4. Planet designations are allowed, IF the poster who guesses it can back it up with a quote and episode number
    5. If you're gonna use the name of a Goa'uld please spell it correctly and include the apostrophe's in the scramble
    6. Only use the symbols/characters that appear in your scrambled word - spacing's up to you.
    7. Upto 3 hints can be given, but do give people enough time to work it out for themselves, and ONLY give them a hint if enough people have asked. If after 3 hints the scramble is still un-answered the poster of the unguessed scramble can have another go
    8. No queue jumping - that'll ruin the fun and make things a mess. If you don't understand the word, ask for a hint!
    Scores will be kept of correct guesses and will be posted periodically for all to see, along with a spot for the scramble that had us stuck the longest.

Okay, with all that out of the way, I'll post my first scramble here (I'll make it an easy one to start out with) - good luck to everyone.

JANE LOS CAN KID
    Last edited by KokiriChild; 02 June 2004, 04:47 PM.

Daniel Jackson

Comment

riiight, so post yours now (general hint for format)

Daniel Jackson
      OYRU SCBLERAM EHER (Your Scramble Here

Comment

Gahit-nygaus Hun

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Fun Ball
          Gahit-nygaus Hun

I have some questions about the rules...

Do capital letters have to remain capital letters?

And do the number of letters and number of words stay the same?

In the example above, would there have to be 5 letters before the dash and two words after it, one with 6 letters one with 3?

Or can you use any letters/symbols from anywhere to make one word or a number of words?

Comment

Only use the symbols/characters that appear in your scrambled word - spacing's up to you.

Comment

I was trying to make it all capitals, but it came out as that. VBulletin 3 most likely (I'm used to version 2). And no, the number of letters in the scrambled 'words' do not necessarily equal the number of letters in the unscrambled words in the answer (that dash is part of the answer).
              Last edited by Happy Fun Ball; 02 June 2004, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Im confuzzled
                Can you give a hint?

Comment

It's his full name.

Comment

Originally posted by KokiriChild
                    (preferably SG1 or the movie, as many people haven't read the books),
                    Sorry for offtopic, but god damn there are books too? I live in a barrel...

Comment

Hmm you would think something like a dash would narrow things down but it's really throwing me.

Feel free to jump in someone....anyone.

I'm so bad at this kind of thing.

But my brain is scrambled from assignments...

Comment

Im bad at this too..
                        The omnipedia is no help

Comment

Ok, next hint:

He's as old as Anubis.

Comment

It's Yu, but I dont know his full name, so whoever reads this will get it since Im too lazy to look it up
                            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Yes, it's Yu. I very well couldn't use that name, heheh. Only two letters to scramble?

Comment

Working...
                              X