This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why werent there Nox, Asgard, or Furlings onboard Atlantis

Hey when Atlantis was first shipped off 10,000 years ago, that was right during the time of the Ancient Alliance between the Ancients, Furlings, Nox, and Asgard. However, why weren't there any Nox, furlings, or Asgards in the Before I sleep episode or even the first episode. Also, could asgards use ancient technologies since they were allies. And would the asgard know where all of the ancient repositories and city were since they were allies.

Incorrect.

*Cue Nerdy Music*

The issue with "The Plague" occured millions of years ago.
    It wasn't until about ten thousand years ago that "The Ancients" returned back to the Milky Galaxy of milkness, due to the Wraith.

Their alliances were then formed.

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
      Hey when Atlantis was first shipped off 10,000 years ago, that was right during the time of the Ancient Alliance between the Ancients, Furlings, Nox, and Asgard. However, why weren't there any Nox, furlings, or Asgards in the Before I sleep episode or even the first episode. Also, could asgards use ancient technologies since they were allies. And would the asgard know where all of the ancient repositories and city were since they were allies.
      about to say they returned back to earth from pegasis 10.000 years ago maybe the ancients told the Nox, Asgaurd, Furlings what kind of new enermy there was there and told them not to gothere.

Comment

I seriously doubt we'll ever see the Nox again (they were created by the first writers of hte series), ditto on the Furlings, and I think the Asgard have been done to death... plus with the Asgard, well, you leave them a mesage on voicemail and they'll get back to you, y'know

Comment

i'm hoping that the furlings will show up in the pegasus.. it would make sense to me... maybe they are just on a BIG planet and live on the other side of where the gate is located and have the technology to hide from the wraith.. they could use that transporter tech that we say in "paradise lost" to transport to a huge city that is under a mountain i think it would be interesting.. i want the furlings to show up.. probably wishful thinking
          I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

there is also details on furlings. no explaination of how Ancient Alliance were formed and why it was formed. why the wraith are descentants of the ancients????? a lot of questions to be answered. maybe each species have their intergalatitic war???????

Comment

maybe ancients come from another more highly advanced species with technology beyond ancients or something else ??????

Comment

The Ancients may have been a somewhat reclusive species.

Comment

The fact that Othalla had the same type of gate as those in the Milky Way instead of those in Pegasus suggests that the Ancients were in Ida when they first built the gates and that Alliance was formed millions of years ago, which would probably mean that it dissolved due to the plague.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                    The fact that Othalla had the same type of gate as those in the Milky Way instead of those in Pegasus suggests that the Ancients were in Ida when they first built the gates and that Alliance was formed millions of years ago, which would probably mean that it dissolved due to the plague.

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

1. The Asgard took a gate from the Milky Way.
                    2. The Asgard discovered the gates in the Milky Way, studied the technology and replicated it. These guys /do/ have spiffy teleporters of awesomeness, after all.

Comment

But the fact that O'Neill learned the gate address from the Ancient's repository of knowledge suggests that the Ancients put it there.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                        But the fact that O'Neill learned the gate address from the Ancient's repository of knowledge suggests that the Ancients put it there.

No, only that they knew of it's location.
                        You have to remember that the Repository itself was most likely created shortly before Ascension of the Ancients, that way their knowledge would not be lost and those who are "worthy"(Mentally capable) of it will be able to learn untold depths of knowledge.
                        It was also at a point when the Goa'uld were about, since they do not react to the Goa'ulds presence as they do to a pure Human's.

This means that it would've been /after/ they came back from Atlantis.
                        Thus at the time of the alliance.
                        Thus the Asgard could've made the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by John Preston
                          Also, if we remember the Tollan in the Triad episode (the one with Skaara and Klorel being separated) they said that they built a gate on their new homeworld which originally didn't have one. So either they or the Nox knew how to build a Gate, so the Asgard could have certainly figured it out or been told by the Ancients (I lean toward the latter, b/c it seems more right to me)

Also, Othalla was before they even imagined Pegasus and Atlantis and even the idea of the Ancients playing a central role, so it is very possible that it'll just be a blooper, like the fact that the Abydos gate looked different in the movie (or so I've heard, I never really looked closely). Then they'll not be limited by that evidence in terms of who built the Asgard gates.

Comment

Originally posted by John Preston
                            No, only that they knew of it's location.
                            You have to remember that the Repository itself was most likely created shortly before Ascension of the Ancients, that way their knowledge would not be lost and those who are "worthy"(Mentally capable) of it will be able to learn untold depths of knowledge.
                            It was also at a point when the Goa'uld were about, since they do not react to the Goa'ulds presence as they do to a pure Human's.

This means that it would've been /after/ they came back from Atlantis.
                            Thus at the time of the alliance.

We don't know when the Ancients made the repository and the fact that Teal'c didn't activate the head grabber could simply mean that his physiology wasn't advanced enough or because he didn't have the Ancient gene.

Comment

Do we even have irrefutable proof that the Ancients invented the Gates?

Sure, they built the gates in the Milky Way and Pegasus galaxies, but are they the only gatebuilders? Clealry if the Nox and the Tollan could make one, the answer is no.

The Asgard may build their own, the Nox their own, and so on.

As to why there were no Nox or Furlings in Atlantis... we don't know that there weren't a few.

Comment

Working...
                              X