Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will McKay stay true to Sam? Or will he ship on Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will McKay stay true to Sam? Or will he ship on Atlantis?

I was just wondering whether anyone thinks Mckay will stay true to his much acclaimed Sam obsession, or do you smell a ship for Mckay in Atlantis?

And who would it be? I vote for Teyla. It's an odd pairing, and more exciting than him and Weir. Whaddya think?
    Sheppard: You still seem nervous.
    McKay: No, no, it's good, it's good. I'm all good, all good.

I think McKay will be the classical "bumbler," the one who goes for the girls but doesn't get lucky with them. And someday we'll have an episode where there's a beautiful bombshell that really likes him and we'll get to see his sure-to-be amusing reaction. Well, that would be the stereotypical thing to do. But I have faith that the Stargate producers and writers can come up with a Rodney storyline that'll knock our socks off. But his dream of getting Sam will always be a humorous constant theme, at least in the love life of Rodney McKay.

If only he'd met: (spoiler for New Order, Gemini, Reckoning)
    Spoiler:
    Replicarter

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
      I think McKay will be the classical "bumbler," the one who goes for the girls but doesn't get lucky with them. And someday we'll have an episode where there's a beautiful bombshell that really likes him and we'll get to see his sure-to-be amusing reaction. Well, that would be the stereotypical thing to do. But I have faith that the Stargate producers and writers can come up with a Rodney storyline that'll knock our socks off. But his dream of getting Sam will always be a humorous constant theme, at least in the love life of Rodney McKay.

If only he'd met: (spoiler for New Order, Gemini, Reckoning)
      Spoiler:
      Replicarter
      You're right about that...Mckay is a bumbler, and that is what makes him so fun to watch. That combined with a rather large head! He manages to steal every scene he's in and I love the interplay between him and weir. The look on her face sometimes when he is being extremely insufferable! Love it!

Comment

McKay is NOT a bumbler, he is as near the opposite as you can get.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
        Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
        Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

bumbler
        n : someone who makes mistakes because of incompetence [syn: bungler, blunderer, fumbler, stumbler, sad sack, botcher, butcher]

As for the topic... McKay's crush on Sam will always be that, and he knows it. He doesn't forgo any other relationships on the hope that he will be with Sam (See The Brotherhood, and even Home). I firmly believe that Rodney and Elizabeth will someday realize they were ment for each other, but until that day happens he will be free to play the field.
        It's beer o'clock. Now where the HELL is my riot !?!

Comment

he still has a weak spot for Sam but I think that he'll get in love with somebody else in Atlantis.
          Lord Zedd

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
            I think McKay will be the classical "bumbler," the one who goes for the girls but doesn't get lucky with them. And someday we'll have an episode where there's a beautiful bombshell that really likes him and we'll get to see his sure-to-be amusing reaction. Well, that would be the stereotypical thing to do.
            Hey, Stargate is all about stereotypes and cliches... so your prediction sounds pretty good to me.

Originally posted by aaobuttons
            McKay is NOT a bumbler, he is as near the opposite as you can get.

Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
            Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
            Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

bumbler
            n : someone who makes mistakes because of incompetence [syn: bungler, blunderer, fumbler, stumbler, sad sack, botcher, butcher]
            He is potrayed almost as an idiot savant, so the term bumbler is most assuredlyi approrpriate for his social performances. He is portrayed as phenomenally neurotic, self absorbed, arrogant... really a disservice to scientists. Not all are quite so pathetic. At least it gives him room for growth!

As for the topic... McKay's crush on Sam will always be that, and he knows it. He doesn't forgo any other relationships on the hope that he will be with Sam (See The Brotherhood, and even Home). I firmly believe that Rodney and Elizabeth will someday realize they were ment for each other, but until that day happens he will be free to play the field.
            Ah, yes, the Rodney/Weir 'shippers strike.

For my part, if Rodney were a buddy of mine, I'd be pointing him in other directions. That cute lab assistant that seems to think so much of him would be a safer, easier, and probably happier option, but I'm sure it won't get any 'shipper's juices flowing.

Comment

Originally posted by aaobuttons
              The Gift
              Spoiler:

KATE'S OFFICE. The door to the office slides open to reveal Rodney inside, just about to leave the room. Kate is sitting at a desk nearby, looking at a notebook. Rodney stares at who's on the other side of the door.

McKAY: Teyla!

TEYLA (equally surprised): Doctor McKay!

McKAY: I was just, um ... (He gestures towards Kate, then hesitates, clearly not wanting Teyla to think that he, of all people, should be in need of counselling. Eventually he lowers his voice to almost a whisper.) We're seeing each other.

TEYLA: You and Doctor Heightmeyer?

(Rodney walks out of the room so that he can talk even more quietly to Teyla and so that Kate can't hear him.)

McKAY: Well, you know how much I love women with great ... um ... minds. Just, um, just don't say anything to anyone?

TEYLA: Your secret is safe with me.

McKAY: Very good. Excellent. (He walks away. Teyla hesitates, then walks into Kate's office.)
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

I think Rodney will always have a crush on Sam but I'm kinda hoping that eventually we'll see more developments between him and Elizabeth. She seems to bring out the facets of his personality that he keeps hidden under all of the bravado and their scenes together are some of my favourites.

Luce x

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha

For my part, if Rodney were a buddy of mine, I'd be pointing him in other directions. That cute lab assistant that seems to think so much of him would be a safer, easier, and probably happier option, but I'm sure it won't get any 'shipper's juices flowing.
                  It would be great if he had a crush on someone, and someone else had a crush on him and everyone was unaware of it...

I liked the lab assistant thing, it was funny!

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                    It would be great if he had a crush on someone, and someone else had a crush on him and everyone was unaware of it...

I liked the lab assistant thing, it was funny!

I liked the lab assistant thing too, but she seems pretty tame for Rodney. Elizabeth is just as strong and smart as he is, albeit in different ways, which makes her a good match for him.

Besides, the way her eyes spark at him when he says something condescending to her or the team. I'd say he winds her up a bit!

Comment

Working...
                    X