X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruralstar's Gatefic Updates

Hi Folks

I'm starting this thread to keep anyone who is interested up to date on fanfic posted to my site. My first announcement is actually for my beta, DocFrazier. She wrote a wonderful Daniel centric follow-up to my novel length fic "Go Towards the Light" A familiarity with the events of that story would help before reading this one entitled "Repercussions" It can be found on my site at http://www.geocities.com/ruralstar1970/index.htm

Go to the contents page and it's the last one on the bottom. She would love to receive FB. Please send it to the address on the site and I will forward it.

Thanks for reading

Ruralstar

Ruralstar has some great fanfics! I have finished reading all of them except for "Go Towards the Light". I am saving it for the weekend due to it's length. I know me and reading! I would be up all night and I really do have to work some! Must support internet habits!!

Comment

Originally posted by meimei
      Ruralstar has some great fanfics! I have finished reading all of them except for "Go Towards the Light". I am saving it for the weekend due to it's length. I know me and reading! I would be up all night and I really do have to work some! Must support internet habits!!
      Thanks for the support Meimei. I will be interested to hear any thoughts you have on GTL and DocFrazier would love to hear what you think of Repercussions.

Comment

I wrote a short vingette this morning. On the Jackfic Yahoo list there are weekly drabble challenges with single word subjects. I intended to write a 200 word double drabble for the last two words; Memory and Pocket.

The muse had other ideas.

Author: Ruralstar
        Title: What Was and What Is
        Category: Vingette
        Pairing: S/J
        Rating: PG
        Set: After the series is over
        Spoilers: None.

Summary: Jack keeps all his secrets in pockets in his heart. Sometimes those secrets escape and sometimes they need to be pulled out and examined.

http://www.geocities.com/ruralstar19...WASWHATIS.html

I hope you all enjoy and FB is, as always, craved.

Comment

What was and What is was very beautiful and touching. Alot of emotion packed in a short story!!

Wonderful as always Rural!!!!
          Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Hi Everyone:

Here's a link to my latest fic. The standard disclaimer can be found on the front page of my site.

Title: I Believe
            Author: Ruralstar
            Category: Missing scene/Ep Tag
            Set: Follow up to Lost City Part II
            Pairing: Sam/Jack
            Spoilers: Season 6, Abyss Season 7, Orpheus, Grace, Chimera, Lost City

Summary: Sam is devastated by Jack’s metamorphosis and subsequent imprisonment in crystal beneath the Antarctic ice. She fears for his sanity and turns to her friends and teammates, desperate for a way to reassure Jack that he has not been abandoned. The ancient Jaffa rite of Ta Sha Ron may hold the key, but only if Sam is willing to face her greatest personal crisis. There are no guarantees if she will ever reach Jack and if she does, what will remain of the man they left behind?

A/N: I loved Lost City. The idea that spawned this story is pure conjecture on my part, but I thought it was at least possible so I ran with it. Additionally, after Sam’s dalliances with Pete I thought she deserved to angst over Jack and his situation. The title and tone of the piece came from the beautiful Amanda Marshall song “I Believe in You”.

This story is meant to fit between Lost City II and the season eight premiere. I can only hope it does not conflict with canon. I hope you all enjoy. Thanks as ever to dear K.

http://www.geocities.com/ruralstar1970/I_BELIEVE.html

Comment

Hi Everyone

I'm posting a link to two stories written by myself and DocFrazier in response to the wonderful episode Heroes. The stories were actually written back in March but for several reasons we decided to wait before posting them. I hope you all enjoy, they can be found here:

http://www.geocities.com/ruralstar1970/JANETFIC.html

FB, as always, is much appreciated.

Comment

Love your fics Ruralstar!

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
                ~Imzadi
                describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
                Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Working...
                X