Comparing the prometheus to the battlestar galatica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comparing the prometheus to the battlestar galatica

Comparing the prometheus to the battlestar galatica. The prometheus would win outright as they have asgard shields where as the galatic has nothing to defend itself.

Galactica has a fair bit of fighters which would, to be fair easily destroy the X3-02's. Battlestar Galactica has quite powerful weapons! and nuclear warheads! Although SG-1's the superior programme

Comment

Don't forget that thing is a huge mofo of a mothership while the prometheus is essentially lean in it's trimmings.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
      - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

I think the Prometheus is more high tech, and so are the F-302s compared to the Vipers. The F-302s have the hyperspace engines and inertial dampeners, the Vipers don't have those things.

Comment

The
          Spoiler:
          daedalus
          would win
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

^ The spoilers will NEVER win! As long as I'm on watch.

Comment

Battlestar Galactica is bigger... size matters
              Ses
              James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Think the Prometheus is small enough it could fit into one of Galactica's landing pods/bays?

Comment

i dont think it's that small.

as far as who would win in a battle, galactica can pump out an impressive wall of anti-fighter flak, so if any of the 302's on board the prommie were caught in that, well, that would be the end of them. but the big difference is in the shields. the shields on the prommie can withstand the force of multiple nukes, as seen in lost city part 2, and seeing that goa'uld blasts from orbit are about that powerful. the bsg has no shields, leaving it vulnerable to any attack. but then again, we have seen it withstand a single nuke attack. (in the miniseries). but the prommie would win for these reasons:
                  - superior defense
                  - smaller, which means it's more agile than the BSG
                  - more advanced weapons
                  ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                    i dont think it's that small.

as far as who would win in a battle, galactica can pump out an impressive wall of anti-fighter flak, so if any of the 302's on board the prommie were caught in that, well, that would be the end of them. but the big difference is in the shields. the shields on the prommie can withstand the force of multiple nukes, as seen in lost city part 2, and seeing that goa'uld blasts from orbit are about that powerful. the bsg has no shields, leaving it vulnerable to any attack. but then again, we have seen it withstand a single nuke attack. (in the miniseries). but the prommie would win for these reasons:
                    - superior defense
                    - smaller, which means it's more agile than the BSG
                    - more advanced weapons
                    what lionel said =^..^=

Comment

but Galactica has those huge massive turret guns on top and more fighter aircraft than the Prometheus but the Prometheus is smaller and more manuverable. The Galctica would have to destroy Prometheus from a distance because it would have to turn the whole ship round to fire if the Prometheus got underneath.
                      "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

The Galactica could so kick the Prometheus' ass.

The Prometheus is a piece of junk in my opinion lol.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

shields pwn no shields.

Stargate technology seems to be much better than technology from other shows. Heck, we've seen ha'taks blasted into other galaxies by an exploding sun. O.o

Comment

Perhaps this would be asking who would win in a duel? A carrier or a cruiser?

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est - "A sword is never a killer, it's a tool in the killer's hands"
                            - Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC-65AD)

Why it's a "magazine" and not a "clip".

Comment

Different theories of physics are involved, so we are really talking apples and oranges.

Why fanwank questions like this appeal is wholly beyond me.

A better question would be:

Which is more believable under current physics: Prometheus or BSG?

There at least you have a standard ruler.

Comment

Working...
                              X