This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicators vs Wraith

What if the Wraith happen apon a ship not wraith, Ancient, or Human, But Replicators!! Would the stun weapons of the Wraith kill Replicators. Could the Wraith shield hold?

I so want this story to happen!!

I have been thinking about this match up since I saw the Replicators "DIE" out! We don't know what happened to Repli-Carter and if the effect will reach the other galaxy that they are in, IDA I think? Plus, she was in Daniel's head for a long time, she could know the site of Altantis right now and could be constructing a new body in another galaxy (maybe her mind is in the Sub space link between the other). And maybe she had enough time to make another Human form replicator, namely DANIEL!!! Wouldn't that be cool to see Amanda and Michael take Altantis by storm later in the season because for all we know Atlantis is the cream de la cream of the tech out there for them to feed on and the Wraith don't use the resources that they do, so the Wraith world would be ripe for them to take!

To answer your questions, I think that the Wraith Stun blast would act like a Zat, it is engery after all; a Replicator would just absorb it. And they would probably make short work of Wraith shields too.

Cheers
    Canuck49
    A bug! Oh Reese, you and your toys.

Comment

Regardless of intro and who's alive and who's not... Straight bout: the replicators would win... I'm assuming this because replicators are small enough to manipulate molecules to form whatever they need. I'm not sure if it has to be specifically metal or what not, but I'm assuming Wraith ships have metal in them. Just look at the door and their computer systems. They have propulsion, the cull beam, and maybe shields? too... So they have to... Making them vulnerable to replicator attacks. In a numbers game, replicators win hands down since they are... well... REPLICATORS. They can wear a Wraith out over time or in battle since they wouldn't be able to feed off of them. This is also assuming the Wraith don't have a frequency generator thingy the Ancients had, but that's unlikely since they'd have no use for it. If they had one that could create life... They'd be pretty self-sufficient wouldn't they?

Comment

I think the repi carter died and if the wraith vs repucator's the repucator's could wipe them out easy

Comment

The Asgard used Reese to bring every single Replicator in Ida, the Asgard home galaxy, to their homeworld, where they sucked all of them but Fifth into a black hole. Fifth and the rest came to the Milky Way, and were all destroyed.

Comment

I also think that the Replicators would have a distinct advantage.... the fact that their only objective is to replicate would mean that if they can win the first round against the Wraith.... they would learn from Wraith technology, and you would have one of the most powerful generations of the Replicators around.

But I do think the key to the replicators taking on the Wraith would in some ways be decided by the first battle that they were to have. If somehow the Wraith are advanced enough to be able to take out the Replicators (all of them) in their very first battle (note: which the Asgard weren't able to do) then, its a different story.

... and if they were able to do that... it might provide a clue as to which species is more advanced.... Asgard or Wraith (which some ppl were talking about in another thread)
            Oh Furlings oh Furlings... wherefore art thou Furlings???
            ... Anyone seen them?

Comment

But I do think the key to the replicators taking on the Wraith would in some ways be decided by the first battle that they were to have. If somehow the Wraith are advanced enough to be able to take out the Replicators (all of them) in their very first battle (note: which the Asgard weren't able to do) then, its a different story.

The asgard weren't beat in a out right battle they were taking over before the asgard knew what was going on.

Comment

I think the replicators would attack while wraith are trying to eat them replicators shoot acid. The wraith are boarded before Wraith know they are an enemy.

Comment

Repliwraith. Awesome!

Comment

Perhaps the wraith could automate a ship and use their tractor beam to get them all inside and they blow it up or something. At least make sure to shoot them off into another galaxy through the stargate.

Who knows how many replicators are out there in some crazy galaxy right now?
                    Sheppard: You still seem nervous.
                    McKay: No, no, it's good, it's good. I'm all good, all good.

Comment

I can see a few different scenarios taking place

1) The replicators can't even assimilate wraith technology, and lose
                      2) The replicators come out with an initial huge attack and overwhelm the Wraith
                      3) The Wraith are able to survive that initial attack, capture some replicators and learn how to disable them.

If the Wraith are truely going to be the big bad guys, scenario 3 HAS to be the correct option in my opinion.

Comment

Replicators would win unless the Wraith can wipe them out all at once.

Comment

Originally posted by cobraR478
                          I can see a few different scenarios taking place

1) The replicators can't even assimilate wraith technology, and lose
                          2) The replicators come out with an initial huge attack and overwhelm the Wraith
                          3) The Wraith are able to survive that initial attack, capture some replicators and learn how to disable them.

If the Wraith are truely going to be the big bad guys, scenario 3 HAS to be the correct option in my opinion.
                          If the replicators can assimilate a human being, they should be able to assimilate wraith technology.
                          scenario 3 goes back to "is wraith or asgard more advance" question. Asgards can manipulate the replicators a little bit, but can't find anything effective enought to beat them. Wraith has to be more advanced than asgards to do that.
                          "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by lethalfang
                            If the replicators can assimilate a human being, they should be able to assimilate wraith technology.
                            scenario 3 goes back to "is wraith or asgard more advance" question. Asgards can manipulate the replicators a little bit, but can't find anything effective enought to beat them. Wraith has to be more advanced than asgards to do that.
                            At first thought I would say the replicators would wipe them out (whether in one attack or slowly). However, seeing how the Wraith are smarter than I first thought, ie. using Teylas own mind gift against her to get info, I think it might be more of a fair match. Right now we see them constantly chases after food because, well, they are really hungry. But in times where there aren't such problems, we don't really know what they are capable of.
                            Sheppard: You still seem nervous.
                            McKay: No, no, it's good, it's good. I'm all good, all good.

Comment

Why would the Wraith destroy replicator ships when they don't know that they can't eat them?

Can the Wraith eat them?

Comment

Working...
                              X