This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Aschen: misunderstood or just evil?

Are the Aschen evil? They have a right to live and advance don't they? Or should we nuke the evil creatures?!!!!!

What do you think the new plot line will be about in season #9?

I'd say they're evil.

Comment

The Achen are evil in the sense that they conquer new worlds through deception but it's just there way of doing things. I'm sure that they don't think that they are evil. I would like to see some sorta peace made between them and the Tauri this season but I have a feeling that it isn't going to go down that way. They would make awesome allies against the Orii

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        I'd say they're evil.

So do you propose a good nuking?

There are many kinds of nukings, What kind do you recommend?

Comment

i think they are just a scared little race that has advanced tech and think it's better then everybody else

Comment

Originally posted by col_oatmeal
            So do you propose a good nuking?

There are many kinds of nukings, What kind do you recommend?
            How 'bout a good ole "back to the stone age" kind of bombing?
            Seriously, they are pretty devious and so make good bad guys on the show. I don't think "misunderstood" would be the right term.

Comment

Hey, they seem to be on about the same page as the Spaniards in Central and South America, and the United States with the theory of Manifext Destiny.

As such sorts go, they are a lot more "humane", they don't torture you, kill you, or otherwise make your life miserable. They let you have a life of relative ease, and even prolong your life.

They just prevent you from having kids.

Is that evil? Yes. Less evil than was done to the Aztec, the Incas, or the Cherokee, though.

Truthfully, I have to wonder if humanity wouldn't do the same damned thing if we started colonizing the stars NOW. Would corporations give a damn about the indigenous life forms if they weren't as technologically advanced?

I doubt it. And corporations seem pretty adept at buying politicians to do their bidding.

Comment

How 'bout a good ole "back to the stone age" kind of bombing?
                Seriously, they are pretty devious and so make good bad guys on the show. I don't think "misunderstood" would be the right term.

I have to agree but I would rather a good ole nox nuking.

Should they be wraith bait?

Should they be recurring like the Genii?

Comment

Should they be wraith bait?
                  Ah, feed them to the wraith. That'd fix their wagons!

Comment

I think that wagon is two hevily guarded.

Comment

I think the wraith are one wheel short of this wagon.

The Aschen would lose so bad. Does anyone wonder if the nox have an empire?

Comment

I'd say that they lose a good bit now that we know their plots, or at least part of it. Knowing what their main plan was gives us some idea of their deviousness, so I don't think they'd have much luck. They could be in a changed position though, begging for help versus the Gouald or Orii, then betray us.

Comment

Personally I don't see them as evil. I see them as a race with different ethics and morale. They don't take any direct hostile actions(except that bio-weapon) and let us life out our lives in an advanced society.

Comment

Are the Aschen evil? They have a right to live and advance don't they? Or should we nuke the evil creatures?!!!!!

What do you think the new plot line will be about in season #9?
                            Jeez...that's a hard one. My first instinct would be that they were evil. In 2010, they intentionally fed us the vaccine to deplete our reprductive rate until we couldn't anymore. And, of course, they tried to perform that task in 2001.

They really don't seem like the Wraith or Goa'uld type, like maliciously evil. They seem a more sophisticated evil. They're very patient in their actions, (I mean, who else would wait 10 years to destroy an entire civilization?) and are very methodical. The Goa'uld just like to take over everything by force and are impatient with everything. The Wraith can be patient, (because of their vast numbers) but they're probably the most evil (besides Anubis) that we've come up against.

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

The Wraith aren't evil. We are their food. Are you calling humans evil just because we eat meat?=)

Comment

Working...
                              X