This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate FPS Computer Game

What do you want to see? What do you think we will see??
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

umm.. Now that we know what is an FPS? And what does FPS stand for here? All I can think of is Frames Per Second.
    The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Originally posted by KorbenDirewolf
      umm.. Now that we know what is an FPS? And what does FPS stand for here? All I can think of is Frames Per Second.
      first person shooter

I expect we will take on the role of a member of sg1 trying to infilarate some goauld facility. The weapin you use depends upon who you are controlling. Maybe you could even command as general hammon

Comment

Duh...what the heck is an FPS? Fun Packed Series? Full Portal Service? Funky Punk Sam? Fishy Pickled Salmon?
        No fair confusing the dumb cowgirl....

Comment

Originally posted by Bogopimp
          first person shooter
          Okay ... So now what are we supposed to now know is a first person shooter?
          The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Which is vastly different from a last-person shooter, I'm sure...
            I still don't understand.

Comment

I think an FPS game is where you ARE the person firing the guns or whatever.
              The whole game is viewed from "Behind" the gun so you are facing the action!

Hope that makes sense!
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Precisely and providing they don't completely screw up the control system I imagine it's gonna be pretty damn good.
                "Someday, men will look back and say I gave birth to the twentieth century." - Jack the Ripper

Comment

So...Jack and Cater get a P-90, Danile gets the Glock or whatever the handgun they use is (I can't remember right now) Teal'c gets the staff or zat, and Hammond gets the....Prometheus?

The Man

Comment

Could be! Or they could mix up the weapons the characters use,to make the game more interesting?
                    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I think that, as you play different characters all the time they can probably control most, if not all, of the weapons in the game. I'd be intrested to see Sam or Daniel use a staff weapon.
                      How I'd write out Jonas:

Jack: Danny, good to have you back.
                      *Jonas starts to walk toward event-horizon, teary-eyed*
                      *Daniel notices*
                      Daniel: Hey Jonas!
                      Jonas: Y..yes?
                      *Daniel hands him his glasses and a 'rock'*
                      Daniel: Here, if for any reason i cannot fully complete my duties as team archeoligist we'll dial you up and you can be the new 'Daniel'.
                      Jonas: (excitedly) Really? wow, has it ever happened before?
                      Daniel:Uh...no...
                      Jonas: Oh boy! I have a dream!

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Naitch
                        So...Jack and Cater get a P-90, Danile gets the Glock or whatever the handgun they use is (I can't remember right now) Teal'c gets the staff or zat, and Hammond gets the....Prometheus?
                        yeah, thatd be fun, daniel you need to go through excrutiatingly shootiugn everyone, jack and sam just waltxz through shotting, tielc required accuracy, hammon just piunts and fires one and its over

Comment

I am rather worried that the game is going to end up as just another "DOOM" style shoot-em-up, with little in the way of strategy. I much prefer the open style of strategy-based games, where what you decide to do affects the action, rather than shoot-em-up's, where you are only reacting to the action on screen.
                          I know that FPS games are well engineered, with stunning graphics, but quite often the actual gameplay suffers because of it. It seems to me that a lot of game designers get so involved in the "look" of the game, that the actual user interface with the game becomes limited, and once you've played them a few times you get to know when and where the baddies are going to pop up, because there is no variation in them.
                          Obviously, there will have to be a lot of action in the game, because the show is action based, but, to be a game that I will want to keep playing, it will need to be more than just "Bang, You're Dead".
                          sigpic

Comment

I'd love an FPS - I've even played UT2K4 with a few mods to make it SG-1 style

Comment

It's too bad Stargate is going to be a FPS game. Guess that means I won't be buying it.

I was really REALLY kinda hoping there'd at least be a puzzle-solving sub-game or something. Give those of us who suck at or hate shoot-em-ups a fighting chance, so to speak. Ultimately, though, I don't think I'm surprised. FPS are THE "hot" gaming style and I guess Stargate lends itself to that sort of action stuff. *sigh* I really wanted something I could play...

Comment

Working...
                              X