PDA

View Full Version : lies, lies!!!!! SG1 LIES!

shinyredpants
June 2nd, 2004, 08:43 AM
this might should be in another area of the forum...oh well

in season seven of chimera, sam says

"There's no zoo in Colorado Springs."

she liiieeess!!! *i live in colorado and frequent colorado springs often*

there is indeed a zoo, the cheyenne mountain zoo. its a pretty big zoo tacked on the side of cheyenne mountain.

muahahahahahahahaha

*someone takes away her caffeine*

Nolamom
June 2nd, 2004, 08:44 AM
Yeah, this thread needs to be in season 7's folder...
Nmom

bcmilco
June 2nd, 2004, 08:56 AM
In an interview with Joe M. He said it was supposed to be a subtle nod to the fact that Carter doesn't get out enough. He admited that it was a little too subtle ;)

Major Clanger
June 2nd, 2004, 10:11 AM
this might should be in another area of the forum...oh well
well, if anyone can come up with lies from other seasons it can stay here...

Happy Fun Ball
June 2nd, 2004, 11:07 AM
Apophis lied! He really isn't a god.

Anubis
June 2nd, 2004, 11:10 AM
Too right. He got killed. And so did every other!

KorbenDirewolf
June 2nd, 2004, 11:16 AM
The whole zoo thing just shows that the series doesn't take place in our universe. ;)

shinyredpants
June 2nd, 2004, 05:31 PM
hahahaha i guess =) but like...i dunno...i wanted to see sam go to the zoo!

pet the tamarins...

everyone loves tamarins!

stargate barbie
June 2nd, 2004, 06:06 PM
yep it was also mentioned on the audio commentary for the episode, that it was just a little joke and a nod to the fact that sam had no life.

i'm sure i can think of some things they've lied to us about. just gimme some time :)

Elwe Singollo
June 2nd, 2004, 07:19 PM
Yah, i also live in Colorado, and i visited Colorado Springs, and there is one!

Torley
June 2nd, 2004, 09:43 PM
Stargate SG-1 must take place in an alternate universe because of show-within-show stuff like the fact that O'Neill makes reference to Star Trek several times and that Star Trek guest actors have appeared on the show! Not to mention the stuff with Simpsons and a certain Patty and Selma addiction to RDA ;)

Jadestar9
June 2nd, 2004, 09:48 PM
Apophis lied! He really isn't a god.

:D LOL! :D

Daniel also lied...he said he would take care of Jonas's fish...haven't seen those fish lately. :rolleyes:

GuyFromOH
June 2nd, 2004, 11:27 PM
Stargate SG-1 must take place in an alternate universe because of show-within-show stuff like the fact that O'Neill makes reference to Star Trek several times and that Star Trek guest actors have appeared on the show! Not to mention the stuff with Simpsons and a certain Patty and Selma addiction to RDA ;)

I recall Carter humming the tune to SG1 in a season 7 episode. Jack looked at her pretty surprised about it.

Torley
June 2nd, 2004, 11:38 PM
Ha, one of those magical moments... pretty funny, I wonder if Joel Goldsmith is a composer in the Stargate world too -- they should have him drop by, kind of like how you could actually see Philip Glass playing synths in The Truman Show.

I think in Stargate: The Lowdown, Amanda Tapping (what a cool name) mentioned that she wanted to hum the MacGyver theme initially . . .

Anubis
June 3rd, 2004, 12:30 AM
She said the MacGyver theme originally the the producers thought it would be better if it was the Stargate theme. I think it should have been MacGyver, just for a laugh

GuyFromOH
June 3rd, 2004, 12:37 AM
She said the MacGyver theme originally the the producers thought it would be better if it was the Stargate theme. I think it should have been MacGyver, just for a laugh

I'm sure it was some TV-land bureaucracy, maybe they had to pay royalties to the composer for the MacGuyver theme song, but they had already bought the rights to the Stargate theme song.

Anubis
June 3rd, 2004, 12:42 AM
I'm sure RDA wouldn't have minded. I guess they would have to pay out some money figures but for a tiny little appearance in the elevator couldn't of been that difficult

Torley
June 3rd, 2004, 12:55 AM
If she hummed it close enough but not quite, it'd be a parody and they could get away with it... like how Simpsons gets away with so many "similar" renditions of stuff under the context of social satire. I don't even remember the MacGyver theme . . . laws can suck when they get in the way of fun, product placement and all that.

GuyFromOH
June 3rd, 2004, 12:57 AM
I'm sure RDA wouldn't have minded. I guess they would have to pay out some money figures but for a tiny little appearance in the elevator couldn't of been that difficult

Wow, it seems RDA is more talented than I thought, according to imdb.com, Richard Dean Anderson actually composed a song for MacGuyver, "Eau d'Leo" in episode "The Negotiator (1988)") Randy Edelman composed the theme song to MacGuyver, David Arnold (I) composed the theme to Stargate: SG-1. Both of these composers seem to be keeping very busy with some big productions so maybe it wasn't a money issue. How sure are we that RDA didn't have something to do with preventing it? He seemed annoyed (although humored) when Tapping called him MacGuyver in StarGate: The Lowdown. Maybe he is trying to distance himself from that role/show to keep from being type-cast, like Brent Spiner with his Data character from ST:TNG. People that have not seen SG1 probably still remember him as MacGuyver. (minus the mullet)

Anubis
June 3rd, 2004, 01:06 AM
I never realised that RDA had composed a theme for the show. Well done Rick. He looks so much different from his show, which quite right, minus the mullet

Torley
June 3rd, 2004, 01:10 AM
He looks good with a mullet, I think. Very 80s, but hey... sign o' the times ;) It ain't exactly regulation-length in the airforce though. :D

Anubis
June 3rd, 2004, 01:19 AM
They have done a lot of the Air Force situations very simular to actual reality. But who's to say Stargate isn't reality

KokiriChild
June 3rd, 2004, 01:22 AM
:D LOL! :D

Daniel also lied...he said he would take care of Jonas's fish...haven't seen those fish lately. :rolleyes:
I think you can blame Luke for that one

GuyFromOH
June 3rd, 2004, 01:24 AM
He looks good with a mullet, I think. Very 80s, but hey... sign o' the times ;) It ain't exactly regulation-length in the airforce though. :D

You ever notice how anti-gun he was in MacGuyver, and now he's the guy looking for the "Big-Space-Guns"
In real life, he is on the board of directors of "Handgun Control, Inc."

Torley
June 3rd, 2004, 01:25 AM
Jonas would remember to ask him as he has a photographic memory. ;)

Anubis
June 3rd, 2004, 01:25 AM
I think Jonas's fish have appeared in the background about two times before but we've never seen them been fed. Poor things

Teal'c
June 3rd, 2004, 06:36 AM
Amanda wanted to hum the MacGyver tune but didn't only because she couldn't remember it, she said that in the interview here on GateWorld.

KatG
June 3rd, 2004, 09:12 AM

I read that she did the Stargate theme, because they couldn't remember how the MacGuyver theme went.

Anubis
June 3rd, 2004, 09:22 AM
I was just reading that interview again to look at this. Quite right, they couldn't remember the tune! lol

KokiriChild
June 3rd, 2004, 09:34 AM
Something a little like this

http://members.aol.com/goodren/macgyve2.mid

;)

Torley
June 3rd, 2004, 10:31 AM
Ah, memories of turning butter into bombs. Or something like that.

The MacGyver Theme sounds like the kind of theme that's difficult to whistle or hum without an accompanying rhythm and the harmony.

KokiriChild
June 3rd, 2004, 10:41 AM
Yeah, Macguyver was wikkid... I'm in a really mad nostalgic mood now - gotta go dig out those old VHS's