PDA

View Full Version : Season 8: Who's Excited?

Sue_Jackson
June 2nd, 2004, 08:42 AM
Yippie!!! :D

Who's excited? I'm telling you I'm like a child waiting for Christmas morning.

Also, The Sci-Fi Channel (http://www.scifi.com/stargate/) just got their July schedule, and it's just so exciting to see schedule for Season 8 there with Stargate Atlantis. I think I'm gonna like Atlantis. After, seeing those new Atlantis promos/teasers, I have good feeling that I'm gonna like it. :cool:

The Sci-Fi Channel Schedule for July (SG-1/Atlantis) (ET)

July 9:

8:00 PM FROM STARGATE TO ATLANTIS:A SCIFI LOWDOWN
9:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (2-HOUR PREMIER)
11:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (2-HOUR PREMIER)

July 16:

6:00 PM FROM STARGATE TO ATLANTIS:A SCIFI LOWDOWN
7:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (2-HOUR)
9:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS (2-HOUR PREMIERE)
11:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS (2-HOUR PREMIERE)
1:00 AM FROM STARGATE TO ATLANTIS:A SCIFI LOWDOWN

July 23:

9:00 PM STARGATE SG-1
10:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS
11:00 PM STARGATE SG-1
12:00 AM STARGATE ATLANTIS
3:00 AM FROM STARGATE TO ATLANTIS:A SCIFI LOWDOWN

July 30:

9:00 PM STARGATE SG-1
10:00 PM STARGATE ATLANTIS
11:00 PM STARGATE SG-1
12:00 AM STARGATE ATLANTIS

Boy, is my VCR gonna be busy Friday nights.:p I'm gonna attempt to tape The Stargate/Atlantis Lowdown, Stargate SG-1 Season 8, and Stargate: Atlantis. I'll probably have a separate VCR tape for Stargate Atlantis.

Oooh....I'm so excited!! :D

Sir Ruff
June 2nd, 2004, 08:55 AM
Hmm.. since in Finland stargate is not on tv I have to get them from... krhm.. a friend of mine.. So can I first watch sg1 season 8 and then begin with atlantis s1
or are their plots crossed.. Know what I mean???

Feli
June 2nd, 2004, 09:30 AM
I'm excited...somewhat...okay, I'm not as much looking forward to S8 as I was to S6 and S7 but I haven't given up hope yet. Stargate is still the best TV show there is IMO and I'm confident...hopeful...anxious..that TPTB learned from the more negative feedback they received for S7.

Yes, I'm excited but even more so I'm hopeful not to be disappointed.

Jillybiehn
June 2nd, 2004, 09:34 AM
Definetly excited, since it seems the vast summer TV wasteland has begun. (not that TV isn't a vast wasteland any other time of year :rolleyes: ) All I can say is, Bring Back Martouf! LOL

bcmilco
June 2nd, 2004, 10:07 AM
Stargate is still the best TV show there is IMO and I'm confident...hopeful...anxious..that TPTB learned from the more negative feedback they received for S7.

Yes, I'm excited but even more so I'm hopeful not to be disappointed.

Yes that's a very good way to describe my state of mind right now :) I will admit that from the spoilers I read I'm looking forward to SG-A just a little bit more, right now, then SG-1 :o

Anubis
June 2nd, 2004, 10:40 AM
Can't wait. But us viewers in the UK have to wait till September :(

Catysg1
June 2nd, 2004, 10:48 AM
I'm really excited ... ;) :) :p :D

Caty ;)

petzke_42
June 2nd, 2004, 11:11 AM
Very excited, I'm just sooo freaking tired of waiting. I hate that they make us wait for so long...what if I die later today, and miss it because they made me wait!?!?!?!?! Huh!? Huh? Sci-fi!?? Show it to you fans while you cannnnn!!!!

Daniel_locks_my_chevron
June 2nd, 2004, 11:11 AM
OMG who isn't excited?? I just kinda put it in the back of my mind so I don't go crazy, cause it's more than a month away, but i'm sure that month will pass quicker than I think........the cats are flushing the toilet!! ( yes this is what I'm watching until July)

Anubis
June 2nd, 2004, 11:14 AM
Everyone in the US is lucky they start showing it in July, we wait until SEPTEMBER. What would you do if you had to wait that long. It's already annoying me with all these exciting spoiler information

Wass
June 2nd, 2004, 11:46 AM
I'm excited but so far all the i'v episodes I’ve read about are not what I was expecting, don’t get me wrong I like the episode that I’ve read about but I was expecting season 8 to answer some unanswered question from pervious episodes such Daniels grandfather and the giant aliens story who they are.

There are only ten more episodes left till the end of the season.

bcmilco
June 2nd, 2004, 12:10 PM
Everyone in the US is lucky they start showing it in July, we wait until SEPTEMBER. What would you do if you had to wait that long. It's already annoying me with all these exciting spoiler information

So do what I do when the UK gets the eps first. DOWNLOAD them. :p

Skydiver
June 2nd, 2004, 12:23 PM

and then you get new episodes in january while we go on hiatus from sept - march

in the end, it all comes out the same. the uk has to dodge spoilers from july - sept, then the us has to dodge spoilers from sept-march

as to s8, eh, i dunno. i'm trying to hold out hope but if it's like the first half of s7 i'm not sure if i'll be very enthusiastic about it.

i'll probably watch to satisify teh completist in me and even the worse eps of s7 had at least 30 watchable seconds...but i can't say that i'm counting the days

some of the early spoilers have been far from enticing to me

Elwe Singollo
June 2nd, 2004, 12:32 PM
I don't really care about what people say about s8, but i'm excited :)

Dramaqueen
June 2nd, 2004, 12:34 PM
Well we in Germany don't even know how long we'll have to wait. But I'm very excited :D even though I have not yet see all season 7 episodes... but I just can't wait...

Catysg1
June 2nd, 2004, 12:38 PM
In France , they are still on season 7 and Season 8 will probably start when it's over in the UK ..that's what I noticed. :rolleyes:

Caty :)

Ugly Pig
June 2nd, 2004, 01:29 PM
Me! Me! Me! I'm excited!

To think, two years ago we were waiting for the final season, which was gonna be season 6... And that would be it. Yet here we are, two years later and it keeps going and now with a double weekly dose even, in the form of Atlantis! :D

Yep... I can't wait.

Elwe Singollo
June 2nd, 2004, 02:38 PM
I'm still excited :)

KokiriChild
June 2nd, 2004, 02:53 PM
*raises hand* uh-huh, count me in. I just wanna see the whole gate sequence from Atlantis.

SaharaGate
June 2nd, 2004, 03:04 PM
OMG who isn't excited?? I just kinda put it in the back of my mind so I don't go crazy, cause it's more than a month away, but i'm sure that month will pass quicker than I think........the cats are flushing the toilet!! ( yes this is what I'm watching until July)

I am starting to run around in circles with excitement (and frustration). I can't wait for the new season! And Atlantis!

Also have to see I love your name!!!

Daniel engages my Chevrons...

O'Neill locks them ;)

Elwe Singollo
June 2nd, 2004, 06:07 PM

O'Neill locks them ;)How Naughty:D

petzke_42
June 2nd, 2004, 07:22 PM

O'Neill locks them ;)

Does Teal'c engage your wormhole?

Daniel_locks_my_chevron
June 2nd, 2004, 08:26 PM

Ok that sounds really wrong for some reason :eek:

Elwe Singollo
June 2nd, 2004, 08:36 PM
Ok that sounds really wrong for some reason :eek:I think that was intentional, haha:D :rolleyes:

Torley
June 2nd, 2004, 09:33 PM
Holy moly, I am SOOO excited about Season 8... I'm a new SG-1 fan -- two of my friends hooked me into the show and it has become my new obsession. I can't believe it's been on for so long and I've missed it up to this point in time! So I started with The Lost City and then sorted around for episodes I would be interested in using this website as a handy guide! Thanks a lot for all the work put into this site, it's awesome...

I can't wait to see the series finale, and more of all of my favorite characters... Teal'c living life off-base... YES!!! More Thor?? ABSOLUTELY!!! And Lord Yu?!?! COUNT ME IN!!! *excited smile*

Jadestar9
June 2nd, 2004, 09:42 PM
Whew! :D I thought I was the only one looking forward to new episodes!

:D I can't wait...only 36 more days until the Lowdown comes on Scifi!! :D

GuyFromOH
June 3rd, 2004, 12:46 AM

I could be mistaken, but I believe SkyNet always seemed to air episodes a week earlier than the SciFi Channel did here in the US for the last few seasons. From what I hear from other people, you can download episodes a week in advance of their premiere here and they would have that retarded SkyNet logo on them. So, making you wait 2 months to watch it on TV is simply revenge.

Teal'c
June 3rd, 2004, 06:30 AM
I could be mistaken, but I believe SkyNet always seemed to air episodes a week earlier than the SciFi Channel did here in the US for the last few seasons. From what I hear from other people, you can download episodes a week in advance of their premiere here and they would have that retarded SkyNet logo on them. So, making you wait 2 months to watch it on TV is simply revenge.
.......no, I can't say it, I'm afraid I'd have to be banned if I did :P

keshou
June 3rd, 2004, 07:52 AM
I'm looking forward to "New Order" and the resolution of the cliffhanger from "Lost City". I'm guessing Jack's going to make it. ;)

After that....meh, don't know. Very few of the spoilers have sounded that exciting, to be honest, although I'll reserve judgement until I see the actual episodes.

Since seeing the promos, I'm more excited about Atlantis than season 8 of SG-1. I'm curious to see the new sets and special effects *and* the new characters (especially McKay).

Wass
June 3rd, 2004, 08:03 AM

what about Sam? :p :D

Wass
June 3rd, 2004, 08:06 AM
Ok I was going to start a new tread but decided to post it in this tread, from the spoilers you have seen which season 8 ep are you most looking forward too, mine is new order because i want resulation to the lost city story line.

iwannabeLexa
June 3rd, 2004, 10:18 AM
I am very excited!! Especially since I have not been with SG-1 since day one.. I came in when it came to Sci-fi.. so I am very excited to be with Atlantis from the first episode!

elhSG1
June 3rd, 2004, 11:21 AM
I'm soooo excited about S8, I've also become excited about Atlantis now that they've showed the new trailer for it. I can't wait!!!! The only problem is that I'll be at the Eric Clapton concert on July 9th, but hey that's a good problem - I'll have my VCR programed that's for sure! :) :D

Teal'c
June 3rd, 2004, 01:23 PM
I'm very excited. The episodes I'm looking forward to most are: NOTE: Season 8 episode titles!

New Order
Zero Hour
Lockdown
Endgame (Well, very little info about it so far, but it sounds good! :P)

I have this feeling that Affinity and Prometheus Unbound will leave just a little bit to be disired when they're over (Like Chimera and Grace actually :P). Icon could be good, but it could only be Revisions-good (Which was my least favourite Season 7 ep, not that it was bad or anything :P) Covenant could be really cool or come off unbelievable... and Sacrifices will most likely be good, but there is one thing I'm iffy on.

There, an honest opinion, but to order my excitment...

New Order
Zero Hour
Lockdown
Endgame
Sacrifices
Covenant
Prometheus Unbound
Affinity
Icon

Elwe Singollo
June 3rd, 2004, 01:25 PM
There, an honest opinion, but to order my excitment...

New Order
Zero Hour
Lockdown
Endgame
Sacrifices
Covenant
Prometheus Unbound
Affinity
IconI agree with your order of excitement, :)

shelsfc
June 17th, 2004, 03:00 PM
I am really, really excited about S8!! But I have to wait till Sept (Well I suppose I don't have to...but I will....:S)Right now, I have two weeks worth of spoilers & pics to catch up on, so I'm just excited about that for now!!

Does anyone know yet if Sky One is going to show the new Lowdown?

Mio
June 17th, 2004, 05:35 PM
::thinks about buying a palm pilot just so he can record the dates::

jmoore032000
June 18th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Can't wait - Am shakin with anticipation!!

rdalover
January 19th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Hi, I'm with you, bring back Martoof! I miss him. Would anyone like to see young Jack return? Wonder what kind of antics he may have been up to? The writer's could have a field day with that one!

masterchief117
January 20th, 2005, 04:33 AM
i cant wait for my brother to buy season 8.

dreamhunter
January 20th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Hi, I'm with you, bring back Martoof! I miss him. Would anyone like to see young Jack return? Wonder what kind of antics he may have been up to? The writer's could have a field day with that one!

I would love it to have Martouf back! And young Jack would be nice, too.
No replacement for RDA but an appreance of young Jack could be a reason for me to watch this season 9 episode.