X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis in Canada

Hi,

Does anyone know if Movie Central and The Movie Network will be doing the same thing for Atlantis season 2 as they did for Atlantis season 1? I mean, will they be showing the episodes ahead of both the U.S. and the U.K.?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Long Live Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis!
    Last edited by Zed.P.M.; 11 April 2005, 08:12 AM.

It's possible but I think it's too early to tell whether they will show it or not.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Yeah I suspected as much.

Damnit, I want more Stargate!

Comment

You can always writte to them and ask that's what I do in UK
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

A quick update for my fellow Canadians. I sent an e-mail to Movie Central asking them about season 2 of Atlantis. They will definitely be showing season 2, but they're still unsure about when.

James Bond
          <snip>I know that you will be showing season 2 of Stargate
          Atlantis; however, I was just wondering if MOVIE CENTRAL will begin
          showing season 2 at the same time as the SciFi Channel in the U.S.?

Also, I loved your scheduling for season 1 by showing the entire second half of the 1st season before anyone else in the world could see it! This fact alone made my subscription fee worth it! My question is, would there be a similar arrangement for season 2 of Atlantis?<snip>
          Movie Central
          <snip>Unfortunately we don't know exactly when we will get Season 2 of Stargate Atlantis. I have checked in with programming and they still do not have an answer as to when we will have it. I hope you can be patient - and feel free to check back in with us at a later time.<snip>
          ^*Edited to protect the innocent*^

Well, here's hoping.
          Last edited by Zed.P.M.; 07 May 2005, 12:20 PM.

Comment

I hope that we get it first again. I think one of the reasons that Sci-Fi played it later than us was because they wanted it to hapen at the same time as season eight of SG-1, the only way to do this was to play them later, I believe Sci-Fi will probably do the same thing with seasons two and nine of atlantis and SG-1. We don't have that problem, because The Movie Network isn't showing SG-1, however it would be nice for The Movie Network to buy that too, on Rogers Digital Cable, we have the cool "On Demand" feature and we can watch them whenever we want, if they expanded this to SG-1 as well it would be even better.

Sorry, as for if we will show it first, barring an legal difficulties, and depending on when Sci-Fi gets both series' (I blieve they will want to show them "in sync" again). But I hope we get it first.

Owen Macri

Comment

All I gotta say is that in July, the US gets new SG-1 and Atlantis on SciFi.

w00T w00t!

Comment

No fair...I guess we know how they made there way to unknown sources before the release.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X