This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a matter of time- season 2 episode

ok this is a long way from season 2, but after watching 'a matter of time' from season 2, i have a question- they made the wormhole jump to another stargate by aiming an explosion at it. so what happens next? the wormhole jumps to another planet nearby earth? wont that planet be destroyed? and if it just jumps to the nearest planet, isnt that abydos or the torment of tantalus planet? well, the wormhole probably disengaged before the episode where they blow up the sun by connecting it to the blackhole, but does that mean a whole planet nearby earth was swallowed up into the black hole? that would take care of the immediate threat to earth, but putting a black hole nearby earth doesnt seem like a good idea...

The SGC had established an outgoing wormhole to the Black Hole planet. When the bomb went off, that outgoing wormhole jumped to another stargate, leaving Earth connected to a completely different planet.
    That left the black hole planet not connected to anything, so no harm to any other planet

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      The SGC had established an outgoing wormhole to the Black Hole planet. When the bomb went off, that outgoing wormhole jumped to another stargate, leaving Earth connected to a completely different planet.
      That left the black hole planet not connected to anything, so no harm to any other planet
      exactly, which is why the scientist that suggested a shaped charge to disengage the wormhole in "Redemption" was told he was horribly wrong by McKay.

Comment

ooo thanks guy

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
          My comments more for the new books than the show but I'm assuming some you have read 'A Matter of Honour'. They're gonna go back to the planet with the blackhole to use this really cool toy on it and make time speed up but I'm hoping she mentions frozen Aschen on the planet after all they gave the aschen the planet to the blackhole!
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Ok, I know McKay told him he was horribly wrong, but why was that?
            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
              Ok, I know McKay told him he was horribly wrong, but why was that?
              the shaped charge would only work on an outgoing wormhole because the blast travels through the wormhole and causes the destination end to jump gates. its a result of the one way travel through a wormhole.

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
                the shaped charge would only work on an outgoing wormhole because the blast travels through the wormhole and causes the destination end to jump gates. its a result of the one way travel through a wormhole.
                And since the wormhole in Redemption was an incoming wormhole, not an outgoing wormhole, focusing a bomb blast on it wouldn't do anything except blow up the Gate room.
                My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
                -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
                -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
                -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

Comment

Originally posted by Beatrice
                  And since the wormhole in Redemption was an incoming wormhole, not an outgoing wormhole, focusing a bomb blast on it wouldn't do anything except blow up the Gate room.
                  exactly. and not only that, in Redemption the blast would have detonated the charged gate

Comment

Working...
                  X