This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daedalus

do we get to keep the Daedalus? what do u think?
    i think it would be cool to have at least one ship capable of hyperspace travel in pegasus.
    when i think about it there are so many cool things u can do with an asgard transporter like go over to the genii and transport their reactor to an ocean or like transport their stargate on board and haul it back to atlantis lol
    but seriously now compared to the rest of the humans in the pegasus galaxy i don't see how the atlantis expedition has any advantage against the wraith other than controling atlantis which proves to be mainly defensive.
    now the daedalus may not be much of a threat to the wraith but at least its impressive and pretty and it can be useful in some situations like that time that scout dart came to atlantis three jumpers could barely overtake it but i bet it's a rather easy target for the daedalus. or if the genii try to take over atlantis again u can just transport them to the brig from orbit.

i sure hope that it stays... i have a feeling its going to stay around. i would like to see some ancient tech installed into it. a cloaking device maybe some sweet shields... it almost seems too good to be true to have a ship so early into the shows seasons.. my hope is that they keep it and install some sweet upgrades.. we'll see... i'm sure it wont last long....
    I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

IMO Daedalus is toast.
      It will probably be destroyed soon after arrival.
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

i think the wraith will be so surprised to see a new ship they wont know what to do lol
        I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
          IMO Daedalus is toast.
          I don't think the ship would be destroyed on arrival as keep in mind that with the ZPM boosting the ship itself, it could easily destroy one or both ships if they have Asgard weapons installed, well that's my opinion anyway.

Comment

i think the daedalus will arive and sheppard aborts his suicide atack and the daedlus destroys one ship and transports the zpm and some teams to atlantis and then it will be destroyd by the other ship. then the other ship and it's darts will be destroyd with atlantis.

Comment

I think Shep will take one ship out with the PJ's drones and the Daedalus will take out the other.
              Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
              Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
              O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
              We are the Ancients

Comment

IMO Daedalus is toast.
                Why does everyone think this?
                It seems to be the consensus that the Daedalus will be destroyed, but I"ve never seen any evidence, just that people think it makes Atlantis too powerful.
                Well how about this. Daedalus, beats the crap out of a hive ship, drops off passengers and supplies and heads back to Sol to resupply.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                  Why does everyone think this?
                  It seems to be the consensus that the Daedalus will be destroyed, but I"ve never seen any evidence, just that people think it makes Atlantis too powerful.
                  Well how about this. Daedalus, beats the crap out of a hive ship, drops off passengers and supplies and heads back to Sol to resupply.
                  Which would be a two month round trip, when it is obvious that Atlantis needs all the help it can get at the time.

I'd assume they would have loaded enough provisions on the Daedalus to stock Atlantis for quite some time (Ship can hold a helluva lot more supplies than ~100 people trying to get through a 38 minute window).

My guess about it:

Daed shows up. Weapons are ineffective against the Wraith ships. Shep Mage-Bombs the one, and gets beamed out of his PJ by the Daed crew. Daed starts to take a beating from ship #2. Start mass transportation of the crew and supplies to Atlantis + ZPM. Point ship at Wraith. Tie a brink to the gas pedal and get the hell out of there.
                  -Nuff Said

"We should let people do anything they want. We haven't tried that in a while. Maybe it'll work this time."

Comment

IMO Daedalus is toast.
                    I disagree from the spoilers I have read I get the feeling the Daedalus is still around.
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

does anybody know where i can find a picture of the deadalus???

Comment

the only thing like a pic of the daedalus is the system diagram on sam's computer in mobius 2. essentially its like the prommie just that certain techs that were retrofitted to prommie were designed in on daedalus.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Bray'Paul
                          i think the daedalus will arive and sheppard aborts his suicide atack and the daedlus destroys one ship and transports the zpm and some teams to atlantis and then it will be destroyd by the other ship. then the other ship and it's darts will be destroyd with atlantis.
                          nah i think he will do his suicide mission only to be beamed away with an asguard transporter

Comment

Originally posted by Nee
                            nah i think he will do his suicide mission only to be beamed away with an asguard transporter
                            How will they find him with the cloak on? They don't even have Asgard sensors to lock onto people w/o beacons.

Comment

Originally posted by benmecha
                              How will they find him with the cloak on? They don't even have Asgard sensors to lock onto people w/o beacons.
                              We don't actually know that. For all we know the D COULD have Asgard sensors now.

Comment

Working...
                              X