This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis Official Companion

Just been browsing Amazon.co.uk online and found this. I have also located it on a UK bookstore site.

It is the Season 1 companion to Stargate Atlantis, below is the cover art and the link to Amazon.co.uk.

The price on Amazon.co.uk is £9.09

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...621384-8051842

Oh dear - it seems like Titan books will be releasing a companion for each series, unlike the SG-1 books where it's one every two series. While that's good for impatient fans, it'll be quite a bit more expensive - and how come the companion to SG-1 for the last two seasons is cheaper than the companion to one series of Atlantis? Good job I'm one of the impatient fans .

Comment

The price iis a mystery - the price for the new Atlantis might be more than the new SG-1 book because the Atlantis books are Brand New while this is the fourth SG-1 book.

I don't know if I will buy this just yet - I mean I might wait until Season 2 has aired to see if they release a book with both season 1 and 2 in.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
        The price iis a mystery - the price for the new Atlantis might be more than the new SG-1 book because the Atlantis books are Brand New while this is the fourth SG-1 book.

I don't know if I will buy this just yet - I mean I might wait until Season 2 has aired to see if they release a book with both season 1 and 2 in.
        cover arts nasty but i shall be getting it. I forgot to buy the other companions for sg1, i only have the first.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Ugh, Amazon aren't doing their business any favours with such crap scans of the products they are selling...

I might have to get this, seeing as I never bothered with the SG1 ones - just to see what they're like...

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
          "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

I be will be getting it aswell, I was just commenting on the naff cover art!
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I went ahead and preordered it. I am very impatient.
              "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
              'Eleanor Roosevelt'
              Individuality is freedom lived.
              'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Amazon.co.uk Review:

First there was the blockbuster Stargate movie, then the smash hit TV series Stargate SG-1 (now entering its ninth season), and now there's the equally successful spinoff show: Stargate Atlantis! A new Stargate team embarks on a dangerous mission to a distant galaxy, where they discover a mythical lost city and a deadly new enemy - the Wraith. New characters, new planets, new alien encounters: but the same irresistible brand of Stargate adventure! Here's the official companion to the first season, packed with behind the scenes interviews, an episode guide and scores of photos, including a 16pp colour gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                  Oh dear - it seems like Titan books will be releasing a companion for each series, unlike the SG-1 books where it's one every two series. While that's good for impatient fans, it'll be quite a bit more expensive - and how come the companion to SG-1 for the last two seasons is cheaper than the companion to one series of Atlantis? Good job I'm one of the impatient fans .
                  LOL...you think that's bad Hywel? I was in MVC today getting the latest SGA DVD when I spotted one of those companions for SG1. The price on the cover was £20!!!

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                  "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

The Release Date is this Friday - the same date as the SG-1 book.

Comment

Has anyone bought this book yet?

Also - Amazon.co.uk have updated the cover art - much clearer now.

Comment

Working...
                      X