PDA

View Full Version : 190+ New Avatars!

David
April 9th, 2005, 06:13 PM
You've asked for them -- now you've got them!

As a thank-you for helping us weather the server move, almost 200 brand new avatars are now available at all the different member terraces in GateWorld Forum. New avatars are in all of the categories. Also, a "Misc" section has been added!

Go check it out, and enjoy!

David, Darren and your friendly GateWorld team.

GatetheWay
April 9th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Soooo many new avatars soooo little time! Thanks David they're great! :D Makes me wish I could display more then one. :o

Major Tyler
April 9th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Wow!!! You did an awesome job, David! You must really like us! :D

When I saw "McKay's Cat" I laughed. It would be funny if the Cat was in the "Allies" section. :P That's great! :D

ShadowMaat
April 9th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Great job. I can practically feel the massive switchovers as people snatch up the new avs.

There's at least one glaring oversight, but you chose not to heed my warnings about it, so I guess we'll sit back and see if it causes any outrage or not. :)

MartoufMarty
April 9th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Spiffy.

*points and laughs at all those limited by the Gateworld Avatars*

Kidding, kidding.

Those are really cool avatars, but I prefer to stick with my Wesley avatar for the moment....

Really cool though :)

But why, oh why did you have the put it as 'RepliCarter'??

Osiris-RA
April 9th, 2005, 07:16 PM
David, they're GREAT!! *I do wish there were more Orlin, Oma, Ba'al, Daniel, Sam and glowy light beings*

But Still, The avatars ROCK!! The Motherload!! Whoo hoo!

Agent_Dark
April 9th, 2005, 07:43 PM
mmmmm RepliCarter.... :)

Osiris-RA
April 9th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Spiffy.

*points and laughs at all those limited by the Gateworld Avatars*

Kidding, kidding.

Those are really cool avatars, but I prefer to stick with my Wesley avatar for the moment....

Really cool though :)

Girl - you know RepliCarter rocks!!! :p

emily_reich
April 9th, 2005, 07:55 PM
wow!!! went and looked even though me likeys my custom avs :D awesome!!! ALMOST tempted to use a gateworld av again! :p ...almost :p ;)

seriously, though! great job on all those avs!!! :)

David
April 9th, 2005, 08:01 PM

Because Replicator Carter is two words and that would've caused the HTML to flip out even more, flopping even more pictures all over the place. Take a look at the avatars with two rows of text. Very strange looking. We're fastidious about those sorts of things.

CKO
April 9th, 2005, 08:21 PM
very nice :) i like them

Angelique
April 9th, 2005, 08:23 PM
I LOVE them!!!! Now I can't pick what to use! :eek: :rolleyes:

Buggy542
April 9th, 2005, 08:30 PM
I LOVE them!!!! Now I can't pick what to use! :eek: :rolleyes:
Me neither! Too many choices! :eek: :p They're all great! I really like the Atlantis ones!

David
April 9th, 2005, 09:35 PM
Most of these avatars have been accumulating on my hard drive for about six months. Only recently did I get my butt in gear and start composing them into something that resembled avatar classifications.

Hex.FTB.enabled
April 9th, 2005, 09:46 PM
*happy dance* Thanks!

Bagpuss
April 9th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Wow....I love so many of these new Avatars. :cool: I picked Replicator Carter/Replicarter in the end ,but that may change..... :)

*Does Snoopy Dance*

Thanks and hugs,for you,Darren,and the other Mods, David. :D

Qtyled
April 9th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Extremely Cool.
Green rep to everyone!

tsaxlady
April 9th, 2005, 10:39 PM
You've asked for them -- now you've got them!

As a thank-you for helping us weather the server move, almost 200 brand new avatars are now available at all the different member terraces in GateWorld Forum. New avatars are in all of the categories. Also, a "Misc" section has been added!

Go check it out, and enjoy!

David, Darren and your friendly GateWorld team.

David,

I love the look of the new avatars but when I tried to change mine after I selected the new avatar then clicked on save changes I get the following message; POST requests from foreign hosts are not allowed. Any idea what the problem might be?

greytop
April 9th, 2005, 11:59 PM
All I can say :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Mr Prophet
April 10th, 2005, 12:33 AM
There's at least one glaring oversight, but you chose not to heed my warnings about it, so I guess we'll sit back and see if it causes any outrage or not. :)

Is there a Schroedinger in there?

Not that I care; I've gone Ocelot.

Liv
April 10th, 2005, 12:44 AM
They're so pretty! Now for deciding which one to choose... ;)

Thank you! :D

Anubis
April 10th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Good job David. :) Nice work indeed, I think you've covered a LOT of major characters from the show. ;)

TheWarrior
April 10th, 2005, 08:59 AM
Thanks for these.

Thought to go and choose a new Sheppard avator :-)

David
April 10th, 2005, 10:02 AM
I particularly like that avatar. Good color palette. My Dad has the same pair of glasses -- my Dad is also a helicopter pilot like Sheppard is! :D

Anubis
April 10th, 2005, 10:33 AM
I particularly like that avatar. Good color palette. My Dad has the same pair of glasses -- my Dad is also a helicopter pilot like Sheppard is! :D

He sounds like our Atlantis guy. ;) Is he by any chance located in the Pegasus galaxy or have a puddle jumper on stand-by? :P

DownFallAngel
April 10th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the additions David. Veery much apprecaited.

lucylou
April 10th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Yay a Bates avvy! Yeehaw!!!

Luce x

hollyshannensangel
April 10th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Wow is all I can say. So many to choose from thanks. :D

Egeria
April 10th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Thank youuuuu!! At last I can be a Horus Guard:D

.:Lemon:.
April 10th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Yay!! :D I shall go check them out....

thorshammer
April 10th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah that's great and all but there is still no asgard avatar.
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Wass
April 10th, 2005, 12:14 PM
There are Asgard avatars once your post count goes up it will unlock new avatars.

CatGoddess
April 10th, 2005, 01:52 PM
I think I got hold of one of the new avatars without even realizing it was new. Thanks, and thanks also for making some of them available to newbies like me. :)

Whistler
April 10th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Thanks for adding the new Avatars, they're all amazing! :D ;)

Also is there any chance you could change "Davis" to "Harriman" ? ;)

Mio
April 10th, 2005, 03:42 PM
::eyes the ZPM warily:: Well....

They're very nice.

David
April 10th, 2005, 03:48 PM
He sounds like our Atlantis guy. ;) Is he by any chance located in the Pegasus galaxy or have a puddle jumper on stand-by? :P
Well unless they are concealing a stargate in St. Louis, I don't think so. But he is gone for considerable periods of time.

Seshat
April 10th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Thanks for the new avatars, David!! :D

Although I ended up selecting one just as ambiguous as my last one...:rolleyes:
I am still very grateful to have more choices than you can shake a stick at! :p

MartoufMarty
April 10th, 2005, 04:21 PM
The Wraith from The Defiant One should be labelled as Greg :P

David
April 10th, 2005, 04:53 PM
It's our mission to make this place feel as Stargatey as possible. That's what makes it fun!!

He was called Greg?

.... :P

GatetheWay
April 10th, 2005, 05:15 PM
How many GW avatars are there total now?

David
April 10th, 2005, 05:27 PM

Purpleyin
April 10th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Wow. So many new av's and some wonderful ones - spoilt for choice. I love that there are now plenty of SGa ones and lots of secondary characters for it - there's 2 Grodin ones and Bates and Heightmeyer - I love you guys. Thanks for the great work :)

There is one thing though, how come no new McKay ones :( He's my favourite character but I've never been a fan of the S1 promo shots that much for him and both his av's at my current level atleast seem pretty much the same and both promo ones; no episode av's for him, which is a shame considering Weir etc have very nice bonus av's. :)

David
April 10th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Room to grow on! :)

Aris Boch
April 10th, 2005, 11:55 PM
There great. most of the additions are really cool. Are there any Aris Boch avatars?

Anubis
April 11th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Well unless they are concealing a stargate in St. Louis, I don't think so. But he is gone for considerable periods of time.

Long times, eh? Maybe he does have a puddle jumper after-all. :P

Immy
April 11th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Thanks for all the new Avatars :D

When do you think we'll get a Cameron Mitchell one?

Anubis
April 11th, 2005, 03:46 AM
When do you think we'll get a Cameron Mitchell one?

There is a Mitchell one in the avatar gallery under Bonus Main Characters -- though I'm guessing you need a higher post count to access THAT one. ;)

Immy
April 11th, 2005, 04:30 AM
Damn *note to self, need to post more* :)

Angelique
April 11th, 2005, 04:36 AM
Damn *note to self, need to post more* :)
If you look up, greytop has the Cameron Mitchell avatar. :)

yasureubetcha
April 11th, 2005, 04:41 AM
Thank you so much for the Replicarters! Now I can represent my favorite race without people assuming I'm a guy:D.

keshou
April 11th, 2005, 05:07 AM
I'll say - McKay's cat but not Weir's dog?? The dog fans are going to be outraged. :eek:

The new avatars are wonderful - I really love some of the "beauty shots" of Atlantis and the wormhole effects. Thanks.

gatelover12
April 11th, 2005, 07:25 AM
thanks omg my fave wraith! Bob! eeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs everyone he can find* eeeeee!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

MartoufMarty
April 11th, 2005, 07:37 AM
It's our mission to make this place feel as Stargatey as possible. That's what makes it fun!!

He was called Greg?

Well, when we were watching the episode my mom called him Greg.

Lots of people call him Greg now :P

lionel_pendergast_rocks
April 11th, 2005, 09:08 AM
i love the new avatars. mine is the coolest. it's mckay's cat. well, not for long. i want to see how all the new ones look. (awesome!)

alz0rz
April 11th, 2005, 09:32 AM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is awesome, green rep for everyone on this page!! :) :)

edit:

i just gave out alot of rep :p

girlgater
April 11th, 2005, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the new avatars! Great job!! :D :D I was soo excited when I found them.

Lord Zedd
April 11th, 2005, 12:43 PM
David Darren !! your new avatars are great !!!! they are absolutly wonderfull!!
I allready was hoping for new avatars

Major Tyler
April 11th, 2005, 01:15 PM
If we've made avatars, can we submit them to you? If you like them you could add them to the list!

Purpleyin
April 11th, 2005, 01:24 PM
If we've made avatars, can we submit them to you? If you like them you could add them to the list!
I'd love to know the answer to this too; it'd be interesting if there was a gateworld avatar contest...

lionel_pendergast_rocks
April 11th, 2005, 01:38 PM
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this is awesome, green rep for everyone on this page!! :) :)

edit:

i just gave out alot of rep :p

oh! i'm finally ready to take a human host!!

my favorite avatars now have to be the shot of atlantis, the wraith-in-your-face, the kull warrior, and , well, there are too many to decide.

lionel_pendergast_rocks
April 11th, 2005, 01:46 PM
and another thing....

i think it would be cool to have a 'Starships' section to the Avatar function. you could have pj's, darts, al'kesh, gliders, the prommie, a 302, a ha'tak, and all sorts of others.

and just why isn't there a lionel pendergast under Tau'ri!!???!?!?!?!

David
April 11th, 2005, 02:36 PM
There is a 'ships' section with all of those included (I'm using one of them now). As to Pendergast, I'm sorry I missed him and will try to get him in there in the next batch.

CKO
April 11th, 2005, 04:22 PM
is there another bonus level then (for the ships) cuz they dont show up for me :(

David
April 11th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Yes. You should be seeing them soon.

CKO
April 11th, 2005, 04:29 PM
thanxz ;) my guess is there are bonus piccys at 800 posts and then again at 1800 posts

alz0rz
April 11th, 2005, 04:56 PM
Bahh I still can't decide its the Wraith or the kull warrior .. or the atlantis shot .. or ugh.. to many to decide...

btw, thx Wass your rep pushed me into a new dimension of green circles.. i now have light green ones.. YAY :)

DownFallAngel
April 11th, 2005, 07:04 PM

He was called Greg?

Also, the images of the Wraith with the tattoo on his face inside of ATL was called Bob.

ShadowMaat
April 11th, 2005, 07:24 PM
He was called Greg?
In Marty's sick, twisted little world, yes. ;)

I'd love to know the answer to this too; it'd be interesting if there was a gateworld avatar contest...
Sounds like an interesting idea, although that'd probably be quadruple the workload having to sift through all the submissions and then trying to come up with some fair way of judging them- this pic of Console Guy is kinda blurry, but this perfectly captured image of Ford's boot is a bit pointless as a subject. Stuff like that. Plus what if four people choose the same image to capture and they all look more or less alike? How do you decide which is BEST? And how do you explain to the losers why theirs wasn't good enough?

Nah, it's easier to just continue pestering David with all our requests. :D He LOVES being harrassed, ya know. ;)

Angelique
April 12th, 2005, 03:48 AM
Just one question: WHY are there 4 Anubis and 2 Ba'al??? :p :rolleyes:

ShadowMaat
April 12th, 2005, 05:11 AM
Just one question: WHY are there 4 Anubis and 2 Ba'al??? :p :rolleyes:
I wanna know why there are EIGHT puddle jumper avs- more than any other kind of ship. Sounds like a compensation issue to me. :P

lionel_pendergast_rocks
April 12th, 2005, 08:37 AM
do you only see the 'ships' section only if you have a higher post count than me? do you have to have like 1800?

Angelique
April 12th, 2005, 10:17 AM
I think there's another level at 1800. :rolleyes: That'll take a while to get to. :S

Purpleyin
April 12th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Sounds like an interesting idea, although that'd probably be quadruple the workload having to sift through all the submissions and then trying to come up with some fair way of judging them- this pic of Console Guy is kinda blurry, but this perfectly captured image of Ford's boot is a bit pointless as a subject. Stuff like that. Plus what if four people choose the same image to capture and they all look more or less alike? How do you decide which is BEST? And how do you explain to the losers why theirs wasn't good enough?

Nah, it's easier to just continue pestering David with all our requests. :D He LOVES being harrassed, ya know. ;)

Shame it'd be too difficult to do a contest and I guess open voting wouldn't hep (incase people did pick Ford's boot for example :)). But it'd be good if David did accept submissions, if they were on first person submits a avatar and no assurances they'd be used as well as people having to accept that they wouldn't get an explanation of why it wasn't used if so. But even then I guess it'd be too hard. Oh well, be nice when I get to the custom av level but for now there are lots of very very great ones to keep me happy.

emily_reich
April 12th, 2005, 02:17 PM
well over at trekbbs we have lots of avatar contests where we pick a catagory for the week, people who wanna all enter one av each, and then there's a seperate poll thread where everyone votes for their favorite.... we could do something like that here, only with the winning one or two becoming official avs :D :D

but that's the only thing i can think of! :p

CKO
April 12th, 2005, 03:25 PM
i just got 1800 and i still dont see the ships :(

ShadowMaat
April 12th, 2005, 03:31 PM
i just got 1800 and i still dont see the ships :(
Patience. :P It isn't that huge a deal, anyway. The important thing is to enjoy the conversations around you, not worry over some silly little image (no offense, David). I think I went a few days before I realized that there WERE more pics. And then a few days after that before I noticed the "upload your own" option. ;) I'm not one of the most observant people, y'know.

CKO
April 12th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Patience. It isn't that huge a deal, anyway. The important thing is to enjoy the conversations around you, not worry over some silly little image (no offense, David). I think I went a few days before I realized that there WERE more pics. And then a few days after that before I noticed the "upload your own" option. I'm not one of the most observant people, y'know.

yea so am i or so it seems ;) blinder then a bat at times

emily_reich
April 12th, 2005, 07:37 PM
hehe... i kept refreshing the "change avatar" screen once i was at 1801, waiting for the upload you own option to show up :p :D *such a geek* :p

John_Sheppard
April 12th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Wow thats a heck of a lot of posting needed for a pic. Meh! I don't care, all avatars are cool.

Immy
April 13th, 2005, 12:29 AM
If you look up, greytop has the Cameron Mitchell avatar. :)
I want! :P

Panther
April 18th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Any particular reason we can't have custom avatars?

ShadowMaat
April 18th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Because you've only made 57 posts and haven't earned the privilege to do custom avs yet. That's for people at a higher user level (read: higher post count). It's a way of saying "thank you for participating in the forum and for sticking with us through these many posts." :)

Panther
April 18th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Ahh, you naughty little buggers.

Verthandi
April 18th, 2005, 08:37 PM
oooo....so pretty! And so many to choose from!

valaCB
April 19th, 2005, 11:42 AM
How many post i need to get Vala avatar? :S

ShadowMaat
April 19th, 2005, 08:02 PM
See, the problem with questions like, "How many posts until..." always make me wary. I can't help feeling that if I give an answer, someone (or usually multiple someones) will then proceed to spam the board four ways till Sunday until they get what they want. This isn't just av related, but anything that's post count relevant.

There is a Vala av, you'll get it eventually.

There are Asgard avs, you'll get them eventually.

There are (space) ship avs, you'll get them eventually.

Gateworld forums is supposed to be a place to come and have fun and discuss the show. The avs and user levels and whatnot are just fun extras and the additional privileges are, as I said, a way of saying thanks to longtime posters. This place is NOT supposed to be about trying to GET those additional perks. It isn't supposed to be about "I still have to make X number of posts before I can do Z." JUST POST. Have fun. Discuss the bloody shows! You'll get the extras when you get there.

Like the saying goes- stop worrying about your post count and just make your posts count!

Panther
April 19th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I'd be nice if we had some "action" avatars of Marines wooping alien arse.

valaCB
April 20th, 2005, 10:17 AM
See, the problem with questions like, "How many posts until..." always make me wary. I can't help feeling that if I give an answer, someone (or usually multiple someones) will then proceed to spam the board four ways till Sunday until they get what they want. This isn't just av related, but anything that's post count relevant.

There is a Vala av, you'll get it eventually.

There are Asgard avs, you'll get them eventually.

There are (space) ship avs, you'll get them eventually.

Gateworld forums is supposed to be a place to come and have fun and discuss the show. The avs and user levels and whatnot are just fun extras and the additional privileges are, as I said, a way of saying thanks to longtime posters. This place is NOT supposed to be about trying to GET those additional perks. It isn't supposed to be about "I still have to make X number of posts before I can do Z." JUST POST. Have fun. Discuss the bloody shows! You'll get the extras when you get there.

Like the saying goes- stop worrying about your post count and just make your posts count!

OK...ok... :S

BritAngie
April 20th, 2005, 11:34 PM
A quick question on avatars- at the lower levels of avatardom *waves upward* we seem to have the main cast of sg1 and Atlantis- will Beau Bridges, Ben Browder, Lexa Doig, Mitch Pillegi and whoever else I've missed be added to that group when they are no longer spoiler material or are they considered "you must have 3 million posts to get them" rewards? :D

Little D
April 20th, 2005, 11:41 PM
A quick question on avatars- at the lower levels of avatardom *waves upward* we seem to have the main cast of sg1 and Atlantis- will Beau Bridges, Ben Browder, Lexa Doig, Mitch Pillegi and whoever else I've missed be added to that group when they are no longer spoiler material or are they considered "you must have 3 million posts to get them" rewards? :D

I second BritAngie's question ?

Bagpuss
April 21st, 2005, 12:50 AM
Some of your answers lie earlier in this thread's pages.There is a Mitchell/Ben avatar available,but for the other new cast members,I haven't a clue !

Just an idea : Create a non-spoilery sig & pic of the characters you want.That way,no chasing of post counts is required at all.....and you can focus on other good stuff. :cool:

(Can't hurt to check your control panel under "Edit Avatar" now and then though,as & when the title under your user name changes... ;) )

Kalliope
April 21st, 2005, 06:29 AM
So... how many posts I need to get Vala av?

ShadowMaat
April 21st, 2005, 06:39 AM
So... how many posts I need to get Vala av?
Why don't you keep posting and find out?

Anubis
April 21st, 2005, 06:45 AM
You'll get there eventually. Today, tomorrow, next week, next month, next YEAR, EVENTUALLY you'll get there, and even if you DID know the number (which lies in plenty of threads on the board) it wouldn't actually GET you there. :rolleyes:

BritAngie
April 21st, 2005, 10:49 AM
Some of your answers lie earlier in this thread's pages.There is a Mitchell/Ben avatar available,but for the other new cast members,I haven't a clue !

Just an idea : Create a non-spoilery sig & pic of the characters you want.That way,no chasing of post counts is required at all.....and you can focus on other good stuff. :cool:

(Can't hurt to check your control panel under "Edit Avatar" now and then though,as & when the title under your user name changes... ;) )

Thanks F.H. Bagpuss!
However the thing is um he's not available at a mere 100 posts(that I can see) when the rest of SG1's main characters are. So just wondered if he was going to be kept back from us down here in the lower postal eschelons for any specific reason when the rest of SG1 aren't?(Just seems a tad unfair to exclude him!) :D

Bagpuss
April 21st, 2005, 02:39 PM
I see what you mean,but S9 hasn't started yet,so perhaps the new characters may be added into the lower av choices, later this year ? :)
(For starters,there's not much in the way of promo S9 pics available yet !)

Kalliope : Recheck your current avatar choices ?