This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Baal the Al Pacino of Stargate!

(Added note: after some research on the matter, I've noticed that his name can actually be spelled either as Baal or Ba'al. I'm sure there are plenty of obsessive fans out there who say it can only be one way, ahahaha, but well... whatever floats your boat.)

I must say, as was mentioned in an interview with CS, the concept of playing his character's role out as a Stargate-universe version of the "Al Pacino bad guy" kind of approach... that would totally rock.

We've had a nice variety of baddies on the SG-1 and Atlantis series but I honestly believe Cliff Simon's rendition of his character is one of the most unique by far! It seems like the Stargate creators just keep on creating better baddies as the show goes on.

But think of it, as an Al Pacino -type baddy... you just love to hate Baal but at the same time you love him as a baddy and actually root for him!!! You want to go, "woohoo!", and cheer him on when he does those evil evil things. Like what they said in that interview, he's actually one of those bad guys whom you actually want to win some major battles or seriously kick some good guys butts.

The evil smile of his. It's almost sadistic! Good stuff.

As the actor mentioned, we've yet to see Baal's full potential... and when we do it will likely leave us awestruck.

One thing I really hope for is that they make Baal go totally ape$*#^ (insane) when he unleashes hell to his opponents.

Soooo, listen up Stargate creators, if you're reading this:
    Let's have an "Al Pacino" -type of Baal in full force!
    Last edited by gabrielsean; 09 April 2005, 07:58 PM. Reason: Spelling variations.

he did destory two solar systems rather then giving them up to, I think it was Sokar.
    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

If Cliff Simon starts shouting in his scenes like Al Pacino does then I'm going to go off him very quickly.

Comment

I wouldnt mind just seeing him doing Al's "Whooowha" Impression From "Scent of A Woman" I think That's the movie he did it in?

other then that I dont think He Should actually Be The Al Pacino Of Stargate.
        "Great, last time I faced myself I ended up kicking my own ass." -Sheppard
        "Didn't I order you to get a life?" -Jack O'Neill

Comment

There are M-16 props in Stargate. This being the case there therefore exists a possability, however small, that we may one day see Baal holding one of them while standing in front of a veritable mountain of coke and screaming at us to say hello to his little friend.

Comment

Ba'al? Screaming?

Not a chance. He's way too dignified for that.

What would a guy who can mess with gravity need with an M-16?
            Nah, acid any day.

Comment

Nah, I don't think would scream either....nor would he really be holding an M-16....it is just not his style...in my opinion...
              sigpic

Comment

yuppers... only acid, knives, hologram transmitter, ha'tak, and a couple sexy outfits for baal

Comment

Hmmm... all points very well put, though the general effect of Pacino (obviously not the behaviors and mannerism) is what I refer to. Basically: to unleash his full potential and everybody still love the guy and even root for him. He can even go a little mad, loopy, etc. - something that will be a clear sign of his unleashing hell. ...again, obviously not screaming and blasting guns all over the place, but the general effect of Pacino.
                  Last edited by gabrielsean; 15 April 2005, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X