Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intro to Atlantis rushed? (includes Spoilers for Rising)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro to Atlantis rushed? (includes Spoilers for Rising)

After rewatching Rising Part I last night, I can't help to think that the explanations and background to how they found Atlantis, how they discovered it was an 8 chevron address, how they found out about the gene, how they brought/selected people to join the team, etc. etc. etc. was really rushed and thin....ESPECIALLY when Daniel explains to them about the location of Atlantis and the 8 chevron address.

Any thoughts?

well for some strange reason they decided to edit what was orginally shown and some scenes are missing....

Comment

I noticed that too, like when John and Jack are flying out of Antarctica and Jack had to try to convince John to go to Atlantis....and when the relatives of the Atlantis crew watch the videos.

Even still, though, I remember from the original version that it seemed really rushed.

Comment

It was rushed. I mean where did they find the address? They could have at the vary least have done an episode after The Lost City part 2, because they never found the "Lost City" and it was a two part episode would it have killed them to have a part 3?
        Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
        Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
        Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
        O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
        We are the Ancients

Comment

yeah i posted a thread just like this i thought it was rushed also

Comment

I think we have to assume thatthe team working at the Ancient Outpost found it while researching the place. Also, an episode covering that kind of stuff would have been pretty boring.
            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Aw, I just put it down to Daniel having a Carter moment. Think of all the times Carter has suddenly come up with the answer to their problem. That's because it is Carter and it is her area of expertise. Daniel's is primarily archeology, and he had been looking for the Lost City for so long, that things must have just suddenly all clicked together.
              Zelazny, FBI~Undercover Division

Comment

Not necessarily an entire episode devoted to it....but more time at least....and if they did devote an entire episode to it, they could make it exciting....like having to "connect the dots" by going around to different planets and gathering information on the location and having to battle for it...rather than just suddenly "Oh here it is."

Comment

It didn't feel rushed to me because the whole of the Ancients in general and the existence of the lost city had been there for quite some time. This just felt like the last piece of the puzzle. But Daniel could prolly make anything feel rushed with how fast that kid can talk.
                  And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                  Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                  Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                  Daniel: Oh! You see?
                  Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I didn't think it was rushed. I thought we were given the information we needed and then it moved on. We really didn't need to know how he figured out it was an 8 chevron address, this is Daniel, his intelligence is a given.
                    'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Working...
                    X